Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sebasour

MWC Basketball Recruiting 2014-15

According to The Lobo Lair the Lobos are targeting the following transfers...

Jordan Tolbert - Texas Tech - PF (2015)

Eron Harris - West Virginia - SG (2015)

Malcolm Rhett - Tennessee State - PF (Eligible next year)

Austin Etherington - Indiana - SF (Eligible next year and still has 2 years left)

JJ Nganga - JuCo - PF. I don't think he has an offer yet, but he did visit this past weekend and Noodles has gone out to visit him

Austin Etherington - Indiana - SF (Eligible next year and still has 2 years left)

JJ Nganga - JuCo - PF. I don't think he has an offer yet, but he did visit this past weekend and Noodles has gone out to visit him

Tolbert is headed to SMU

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Isn't Eron Harris transferring to be closer to home?

According to 247sports, UNLV's top targets for 2015 are:

Top Target:

Ray Smith, SF, Las Vegas, 4 star composite

High Choice:

Ivan Rabb, PF, Oakland, CA, 5 star

Elijah Thomas, PF, Lancaster, TX, 5 star

Interested:

Chase Jeter, PF, Las Vegas, 5 star

Dwayne Bacon, SF, Bradtenon, FL, 4 star

Austin Grandstaff, SG, Rockwell, TX, 4 star

Jeremy Hemsley, SG, La Verne, CA, 4 star

Corey Sanders, PG, Lakeland, FL, 4 star

Not posting the scout looks... there are a ton.

http://unlv.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Targets

It's gonna suck if we whiff on both Jeter and Zimm, but that looks like it might be the case. Where's that bortherly recruiting pipeline from Gorman?

And only one PG on the board for 2015? This has been a huge position of need for forever in this program. Guess the plan is Cook and Dantley thru 2016?

Didnt new mexico fans talk crap about sdsu and unlv gettimg transfers?

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

Didnt new mexico fans talk crap about sdsu and unlv gettimg transfers?

I don't see why we would. We've had plenty of success with transfers in recent years

I don't see why we would. We've had plenty of success with transfers in recent years

I thinks its the volume :)

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

According to 247sports, UNLV's top targets for 2015 are:

Top Target:

Ray Smith, SF, Las Vegas, 4 star composite

High Choice:

Ivan Rabb, PF, Oakland, CA, 5 star

Elijah Thomas, PF, Lancaster, TX, 5 star

Interested:

Chase Jeter, PF, Las Vegas, 5 star

Dwayne Bacon, SF, Bradtenon, FL, 4 star

Austin Grandstaff, SG, Rockwell, TX, 4 star

Jeremy Hemsley, SG, La Verne, CA, 4 star

Corey Sanders, PG, Lakeland, FL, 4 star

Not posting the scout looks... there are a ton.

http://unlv.247sports.com/Season/2015-Basketball/Targets

It's gonna suck if we whiff on both Jeter and Zimm, but that looks like it might be the case. Where's that bortherly recruiting pipeline from Gorman?

And only one PG on the board for 2015? This has been a huge position of need for forever in this program. Guess the plan is Cook and Dantley thru 2016?

Jeter has always been wanting to go out of town. UNLV's been there just to show that we want him and if we could ever change his minds.

Zimmerman is infatuated with the big stage...a.k.a Blue Bloods.     UCLA, Arizona, Kentucky, North Carolina.

Wouldn't surprise me, really.

Ivan Rabb is a great option.

If Cook redshirts this year...he'll be a junior in 2015 and had 3 years in the system. I love the kids game. He's an actual natural PG and his defense was GREAT this year.

Thorton is by far our top prospect for 2016 at this point.

Don't forget Chase Stanback's brother. 2016 Trevor Stanback. 6'10 210. I know we've been following him for awhile. He's ranked pretty high on Rivals.

Rumors been floating around that Thon Maker might reclassify to 2015.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

Jeter has always been wanting to go out of town. UNLV's been there just to show that we want him and if we could ever change his minds.

Zimmerman is infatuated with the big stage...a.k.a Blue Bloods.     UCLA, Arizona, Kentucky, North Carolina.

Wouldn't surprise me, really.

Ivan Rabb is a great option.

If Cook redshirts this year...he'll be a junior in 2015 and had 3 years in the system. I love the kids game. He's an actual natural PG and his defense was GREAT this year.

Thorton is by far our top prospect for 2016 at this point.

Don't forget Chase Stanback's brother. 2016 Trevor Stanback. 6'10 210. I know we've been following him for awhile. He's ranked pretty high on Rivals.

Rumors been floating around that Thon Maker might reclassify to 2015.

i see jeter at duke, and zimmerman at kentucky. or maybe az. i have nothing to back it up, just gut feeling.  his mom was upset about the possibility of rice leaving, though not necessarily because she wanted him to coach her son, lol.

i'd love to see ivan rabb here, and cook has come along much futher than i ever really thought he would. a redshirt year would be good for him, whether here, or as a transfer.

i agree that thornton is going to be the top recruiting priority, and i saw t, stanback play an aau game here when he was in 8th or maybe 9th grade. he could end up being better than his brother, although i didn't see him play last summer.

Jordan Hunter was just named the number 1 recruit in the Houston Area. That's looking like a pretty solid pickup for us

i hope the kid grows because a 5'8" 150lb combo guard wont strike fear into other teams.  the good news is the kid is ranked 149 for the class of 2015.