Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BYUcougfan

BYU vs. UNR Game

so far a push for me...

Alabama pulls one out of their brown hole.

Nevada slaps the Borg around. BYU seemed to never be in the game. Good job by the UN QB, he is a stud.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

Well, listening to it on the radio, the Pack was sloppy, but we pulled it out. 4-0 For the first time since 1991, when we were 1-AA.

BYU fans: you guys will be fine next year. This year will be rough unless you can get some consistency.

Is it fitting or irony that possibly the most versatile word in the English language is also of unknown origin?

5810036134_cb4d739b38_b.jpg

You knowm with Italics not here anymore I don't really mind too much of the BYU camp. He was rediculous though.

agree most of the BYU posters left are the good ones we have had over the years.

I work with one BYU guy, good guy, and he thinks this indy thing is a huge mistake that they will regret. Time will tell but it has been talked to death that is for sure

I never really had an issue with them going independent. It was the arrogance all of the bad BYU posters exhibited over it. Note, I said BAD BYU posters. Every one of our teams has bad posters. I may talk smack now and then, but I know what it's like to have your team fall off the wagon.

To all of you decent and good BYU posters, I do wish you guys the best. I think you might have to rebuild a little, but things will pick up.

That's the funny thing about college football as compared to the NFL. In the NCAA, any team can light it up at anytime. Or fall off the pedestal.

My wife called us and wanted me to pick up a pizza, so we left with about five minutes left, and I wondered until I got to my car if we'd push or not.

Leaving early will be a BYU tradition when you play the dregs of the WAC as filler over the years.............time to invest in a Pizza to go store.

Just got back from the game. This is my first Nevada road game, and it was great. Provo is a gorgeous town, BYU is an amazing campus. One of my friends goes there and gave me a tour and it is great. Also, IDK why everyone hates BYU fans, they seemed very classy and like great people(we sat in the BYU section haha). The stadium was surprisingly quiet considering how big it is though.

Both teams played very sloppy games, but I think BYU will continue to improve as their freshman QB gets adjusted. I definitely wish you guys were staying in the MWC, and we have no chance at a BCS bid without you. I definitely wish your program the best of luck in the future.

I honestly cannot figure out why everyone hates you guys, you have extremely friendly fans, fill out your stadium, and have good football and basketball. They must just be jealous haha.

Just got back from the game. This is my first Nevada road game, and it was great. Provo is a gorgeous town, BYU is an amazing campus. One of my friends goes there and gave me a tour and it is great. Also, IDK why everyone hates BYU fans, they seemed very classy and like great people(we sat in the BYU section haha). The stadium was surprisingly quiet considering how big it is though.

Both teams played very sloppy games, but I think BYU will continue to improve as their freshman QB gets adjusted. I definitely wish you guys were staying in the MWC, and we have no chance at a BCS bid without you. I definitely wish your program the best of luck in the future.

I honestly cannot figure out why everyone hates you guys, you have extremely friendly fans, fill out your stadium, and have good football and basketball. They must just be jealous haha.

It was quiet because we were losing the whole game. I've heard it way louder than that. Tough to cheer when you're getting run up and down the field.

We had a few Nevada fans sitting by us, and I made chit chat with them. They were kind of pessimistic, they thought BYU was going to score there touchdowns in five minutes and take the lead. I don't know what they were watching that made them think that.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Its interesting, we get comments like this from quite a few teams. I guess you see what you want to see. I do find it funny though that most the +++++ talking is coming from SDSU, UNLV, UNM and Boise fans.

Anyway, your team looks great. Good luck to them the rest of the way. They are a much better team than my cougars. Looks like a special season for the wolfpack..

We had a few Nevada fans sitting by us, and I made chit chat with them. They were kind of pessimistic, they thought BYU was going to score there touchdowns in five minutes and take the lead. I don't know what they were watching that made them think that.

Haha probably has to do with being a Nevada fan for the last 4 years.

I also find it funny to see all the UNLV fans rooting for us. Haha, all this conference realignment stuff is just wierd.

Nevada is for real this year. They are a veteran team and Kap is one of the better visiting QBs I've seen play in Provo in quite a while. I know it was hard for some of us to give Nevada props coming into the game, but I have no problem after actually watching them play. They'll give Boise a run, the broncs better be ready. My one regret is that Nevada didn't get the opportunity to play against one of our better teams.

I actually found some silver linings in this game. Heaps has only thrown 1 int so far this season and BYU was just a few overthrows and timing issues away from making this a game. A wide open Kariya, an inch of grass for DiLuigi's foot, a pass just bouncing out of McKay's hands. I could see where, with a bit more seasoning, this team should have and likely would have scored three more touchdowns yesterday. Heaps shows tremendous poise and confidence for a true frosh, and he has a great arm to go with good instincts and a feel for the pocket. As to defense, the problem with our LBs (and they are the key to our defense) isn't a lack of talent, it's just a lack of experience. They were so often out of position and not playing their assignments. That will come with experience as well and they'll be better against teams not running the option.

This is a rebuilding year for BYU, the talent is there. It's not the beginning of a downward slide like some hope for. As for Nevada, a season like this one appears to be developing into, could be a springboard type year if Ault can capitalize on it for recruiting. It'll all depend on who the up & coming talent is and whether he can reload his pistol, so to speak.

BaYoU Blue!

Haha probably has to do with being a Nevada fan for the last 4 years.

I also find it funny to see all the UNLV fans rooting for us. Haha, all this conference realignment stuff is just wierd.

It is weird rooting for UNR........at our tailgate yesterday we had the UNR-BYU game on and people wanted that game on......and the consensus was pro UNR.

Next week we can go back to being foes, but this last week we were all for UNR !