Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PackAlum97

Mountain West Number 1 in Current Conference RPI Rankings

Looks like Boise is much improved this season. Gonna be a huge test tomorrow night @ MSU. Even if you don't win, but make it a close game, that would be a solid showing.

We did well in OOC play last year too.. Something like 11-4 and no bad losses. MWC play killed us.

At least losing to Michigan St shouldn't hurt the conference RPI much, if any.

We did well in OOC play last year too.. Something like 11-4 and no bad losses. MWC play killed us.

Looks like you have a tougher OOC schedule to start this season. If I remember your early OOC schedule was really soft last season.

515px-Nevada_Wolf_Pack_Txt.svg.png

It may be a little early but the MWC got 4 invites due to the bottom of the conference having a big winning percentage OOC. Without Wyoming, Boise State, and all having good OOC winning records last year the MWC would never of had 4 teams in the NCAA tournament. 20-3 is great and very helpful for final confernece RPIs. The MWCs final conference RPI is only determined by our OOC play. The final conference RPI can be calculated within a few points when our OOC play is finished. Keep winning MWC bothers.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

It will help BSU's RPI due to a bump in SOS. But it does hurt the rest of the conference. Remember, how you effect conference members RIPs is only 1/3 your opponents winning percentage but 2/3 your winning percentage. So winning is the big thing.

The bottom of the conference should schedule to have a winning OOC.

SDSU has had 5 upper half NCAA berths in a row.

Most disapointing MWC thus far? UNR - Struggling with every opponent.

You obviously haven't seen UNM play this year.

Anyways, ya It's way to early vs pretty much nobody. If we can just maintain being in the top 7 the rest of the year we could end up being a 4 bid league again.

roflbot.jpg

LOL.....yeah, a little early in the season. Wait until January to start taking the RPI halfway seriously. Howdy Doody ranked #4 nationally at this point should be the first clue.

Yeah...and AF ranked there due to their playing #7 Florida, #25 Colorado plus Wichita St (NCAA tourney last year) and Richmond. Let's see who Wyoming plays? #25 Colorado and no other tourney winner I believe. Time will tell how AF will do but for a Wyoming Cowboy team to comment on AF is a laugh. (to set the record....AF and Wyoming split last year both with wins on the road).

..GO FALCONS..

Yeah...and AF ranked there due to their playing #7 Florida, #25 Colorado plus Wichita St (NCAA tourney last year) and Richmond. Let's see who Wyoming plays? #25 Colorado and no other tourney winner I believe. Time will tell how AF will do but for a Wyoming Cowboy team to comment on AF is a laugh. (to set the record....AF and Wyoming split last year both with wins on the road).

You have YET to play any of those teams!! AFA has played Army and Citadel to date for RPI "rating" purposes. Do you believe an RPI national ranking of four is accurate at this point??

By the way, the loss at home to AFA last year was the only real surprising/embarrassing conference loss for the Pokes last year. Had the Pokes taken care of business there, they would have ended up 7-7 in a pretty salty MWC. The overall record included wins over Dance participants Colorado, CSU and UNLV with a close OT road loss to SDSU. I think Shyatt's squad was quite competitive in what would be considered a transition year. Although I don't know how well the Pokes will progress this year due to the clear youth and/or inexperience on the '12-'13 squad, I do know that AFA rated #4 with SDSU rated #228 is laughable. You should be able to see that, too.

You obviously haven't seen UNM play this year.

Anyways, ya It's way to early vs pretty much nobody. If we can just maintain being in the top 7 the rest of the year we could end up being a 4 bid league again.

UNM hasn't looked great, but UNM has played better caliber opponents - UNM is a 3rd/4th place MWC finish IMO,

I will freely admit I miss the MWC for basketball. The WCC is a good and adequate home (it's not like BYU joined the BigWest or anything outlandishly stupid like that :P ) but the MWC is a great bball league.

Most disapointing MWC thus far? UNR - Struggling with every opponent.

wait are you talking about FB or BB or both ? :ph34r: