Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Angriest You've Been After A Loss

UNLV: Some of our NCAA no-shows, that Cal loss was very frustrating to me, but honestly, our bad loss still piss me off, but it's the norm now and we can thank someone named Dave Rice.

Lakers: Losing to Boston in 2008 NBA Finals. Especially the Game 4 meltdown.

That meltdown made every Laker fan sick.  They were up what, 21 to start the second half of game 4?  Then again, it only made the 2010 Finals that much sweeter.  

You should get some help. That's not normal behavior.

The most deeply I've felt a loss was losing to BYU* in OT in the inaugural WAC Championship. Didn't break anything, punch anything (or anyone)- just had a few more beers and then got up the next day and watched more football...

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's quite typical behavior for the average American male...

I've certainly calmed down since I hit the big 3-0, but I'd definatley say my passion for the game goes further than mere "deep feelings."

:rolleyes:

New-Signature.jpg

Last year's BYU loss.

I was furious.  Nothing embarrassing, no breaking anything, or any other impressive story behind it.  Nothing like "Whoa, that dude was mad."  I just hate losing to BYU.  I hate how Taysom Hill suddenly found out how to hit receivers 20 yards down field and our secondary had no clue how to cover.  I hated how Chuckie got injured early in the game - OF COURSE - against BYU.  I hated hearing every stinking comment about how it'll be another 17 years before we beat them again.  I hate seeing the pseudo-respect in postgame commentary.  I hated the complinsults from my father in law, the world's biggest BYU homer.  I hated seeing my dad act like an Aggie fan for the entire year, saying he'd be happy to go with me to the game because he likes the Aggies just as much as BYU, just to see him cheer super loud and intense with every BYU first down, completed pass, and touchdown.  I hated seeing my brother and brother in law, both of whom claim zero sports fandom, turn into BYU fans during the game.  I bought most everyone's tickets because I thought it'd be a fun family event.  I hated seeing blue haired long time Cache Valley residents come out in dusty old BYU gear for the game.  I hated the dirty looks I kept getting from one older lady because of my not-so-muffled swearing with every botched Aggie play.

I excused myself for the entire 2nd half because I couldn't stand being around them - any of them.  They tried to act like they weren't beating us that bad, that it stunk that Chuckie went down, that Taysom Hill was playing really well for his normal performance standards, etc...  I didn't want their pity, I wanted to shut them the hell up with a win.

I was so angry I could have drowned kittens, punched puppies, and done other despicable acts and still had murder in my heart.

I hated that game.

The 2011 BYU game was just a bit worse for me. It was after we'd already blown two games that we had in the bag and somehow managed to lose. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Pick any of our come from behind losses in 2011-2012. I wasn't angry just more frustrated.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Hmm, I'm pretty sure it's quite typical behavior for the average American male...

I've certainly calmed down since I hit the big 3-0, but I'd definatley say my passion for the game goes further than mere "deep feelings."

:rolleyes:

No.....it's not. To put a hole in a wall over anything, much less sports, is just silly.

That meltdown made every Laker fan sick. They were up what, 21 to start the second half of game 4? Then again, it only made the 2010 Finals that much sweeter.

2004 Finals for the Lakers was my most angry moment. The entire country wanted us to lose after acquiring Malone and Payton.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

You should get some help. That's not normal behavior.

The most deeply I've felt a loss was losing to BYU* in OT in the inaugural WAC Championship. Didn't break anything, punch anything (or anyone)- just had a few more beers and then got up the next day and watched more football...

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

So, my worst episodes arise from various Cowboys losses, including incidents resulting with holes in walls, doors, breaking shi/t, etc.  By comparrison, the Boise State loss in Reno just left me comatose... 

That being said, the maddest I've ever gotten after a loss was when Romo fumbled the snap in Seattle - I remember standing there for like 5 seconds, then immediately shattering my Tivo remote against the wall; I then proceeded to lay, fully-clothed, in an empty bathtub for around 20 minutes...

Obvioulsy, like myself, most of us tend to temper the anger down a couple knotches as we age; however, let's hear someof the worst/funny/crazy rage stories from you scumbags after one of your teams lost. 

photo_71258143_1.jpg

Romo only fumbled because wet-concrete inflated the football which was covered in 2 inches of frozen oxygen.

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

I am not a big fan of the field goal aspect of football anymore....for various reasons.

HAHAHAH.. this is awesome. Heaven knows any honest fan in the MWC would kill to have the success you've had so I can't laugh too hard. That Brotzman debauchle was pretty bad, big swings from winning BCS bowls to botching two pretty routine field goals to miss out on another BCS bowl. That was a bipolar moment for Boise when compared to mostly winning all of the close ones in past years. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

When the refs pulled the "Tom Brady tuck rule" outa there asses to save the Pats from a home playoff loss to the Raiders.

OMFG!!!  Why oh why would you even mention that game???  While I have never punched a wall or done any such thing after watching a sporting event, I don't recall ever being more shocked/dismayed at what I had just seen than after that call.

Thanks for the memory, my day is now ruined.

San_Diego_State_Aztecs_logo.png

Most recently it was Wyoming's loss to Temple in the New Mexico Bowl. Pokes didn't even bother to show up. I was so pissed that I left in the 3rd quarter (I NEVER leave early), walked back to the hotel, and was smashed by the time the game got over.

All time it had to be the Steelers loss to the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX. To this day I believe that Neil O'Donnell was on the take and threw the game.

5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

Two come to mind. Last year vs SDSU. SJSU owned that game. The poor excuse of a defensive coordinator we had is 100% responsible for that loss. Glad that guy is gone. The other was the western conference finals 2003 or 04, can't remember. Game 7 lakers vs Kings. Kobe elbows a king in the face, king gets called for a foul. That was the last NBA game I watched.

The only time I recall being real angry after a game was after game 6 of the 1998 NBA finals. I attended the game, and Dick Bavetta screwed Utah over on a couple of calls on 3 pointers, one he disallowed from Howard Eisley and one he allowed for Chicago. Then the Jordan swiping Bryon Russel away and hitting the shot to win it for the Bulls - I probably could have lived with just that, since the refs will never make that call against Jordan in that situation, but the other 2 calls were awful.

The saddest I have ever been was the 1998 NCAA finals, when Utah held a 10 point lead over Kentucky at the half and then just ran out of gas in the second half.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

Then the Jordan swiping Bryon Russel away and hitting the shot to win it for the Bulls 

Pure excellence, lol!

MJ.gif

I was a pretty upset kid after the '91 tournament game where Utah

knocked out Steve Smith and Michigan State.  I made sure Rick Majerus

knew that when I sat next to him at the '91 finals a few months later, LOL!

Two come to mind. Last year vs SDSU. SJSU owned that game. The poor excuse of a defensive coordinator we had is 100% responsible for that loss. Glad that guy is gone. The other was the western conference finals 2003 or 04, can't remember. Game 7 lakers vs Kings. Kobe elbows a king in the face, king gets called for a foul. That was the last NBA game I watched.

"SJSU owned that game"...  we must have different definitions of the word owned.

San_Diego_State_Aztecs_logo.png