Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Angriest You've Been After A Loss

So, my worst episodes arise from various Cowboys losses, including incidents resulting with holes in walls, doors, breaking shi/t, etc.  By comparrison, the Boise State loss in Reno just left me comatose... 

That being said, the maddest I've ever gotten after a loss was when Romo fumbled the snap in Seattle - I remember standing there for like 5 seconds, then immediately shattering my Tivo remote against the wall; I then proceeded to lay, fully-clothed, in an empty bathtub for around 20 minutes...

Obvioulsy, like myself, most of us tend to temper the anger down a couple knotches as we age; however, let's hear someof the worst/funny/crazy rage stories from you scumbags after one of your teams lost. 

photo_71258143_1.jpg

New-Signature.jpg

UNLV: Some of our NCAA no-shows, that Cal loss was very frustrating to me, but honestly, our bad loss still piss me off, but it's the norm now and we can thank someone named Dave Rice.

Lakers: Losing to Boston in 2008 NBA Finals. Especially the Game 4 meltdown.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

Why get angry after a loss when you have absolutely no control over the outcome? Whether you win or lose, you should do it with honor.

737px-SanJoseSharksLogo.svg.png

I've never been angry about a team losing. Disappointed yes, but that passes quickly and then I look forward to the next game or season.

Why get angry after a loss when you have absolutely no control over the outcome? Whether you win or lose, you should do it with honor.

I know for a lot of people the no control makes the anger and frustration worse.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Last year's BYU loss.

I was furious.  Nothing embarrassing, no breaking anything, or any other impressive story behind it.  Nothing like "Whoa, that dude was mad."  I just hate losing to BYU.  I hate how Taysom Hill suddenly found out how to hit receivers 20 yards down field and our secondary had no clue how to cover.  I hated how Chuckie got injured early in the game - OF COURSE - against BYU.  I hated hearing every stinking comment about how it'll be another 17 years before we beat them again.  I hate seeing the pseudo-respect in postgame commentary.  I hated the complinsults from my father in law, the world's biggest BYU homer.  I hated seeing my dad act like an Aggie fan for the entire year, saying he'd be happy to go with me to the game because he likes the Aggies just as much as BYU, just to see him cheer super loud and intense with every BYU first down, completed pass, and touchdown.  I hated seeing my brother and brother in law, both of whom claim zero sports fandom, turn into BYU fans during the game.  I bought most everyone's tickets because I thought it'd be a fun family event.  I hated seeing blue haired long time Cache Valley residents come out in dusty old BYU gear for the game.  I hated the dirty looks I kept getting from one older lady because of my not-so-muffled swearing with every botched Aggie play.

I excused myself for the entire 2nd half because I couldn't stand being around them - any of them.  They tried to act like they weren't beating us that bad, that it stunk that Chuckie went down, that Taysom Hill was playing really well for his normal performance standards, etc...  I didn't want their pity, I wanted to shut them the hell up with a win.

I was so angry I could have drowned kittens, punched puppies, and done other despicable acts and still had murder in my heart.

I hated that game.

So, my worst episodes arise from various Cowboys losses, including incidents resulting with holes in walls, doors, breaking shi/t, etc.  By comparrison, the Boise State loss in Reno just left me comatose... 

That being said, the maddest I've ever gotten after a loss was when Romo fumbled the snap in Seattle - I remember standing there for like 5 seconds, then immediately shattering my Tivo remote against the wall; I then proceeded to lay, fully-clothed, in an empty bathtub for around 20 minutes...

Obvioulsy, like myself, most of us tend to temper the anger down a couple knotches as we age; however, let's hear someof the worst/funny/crazy rage stories from you scumbags after one of your teams lost. 

photo_71258143_1.jpg

You should get some help. That's not normal behavior.

The most deeply I've felt a loss was losing to BYU* in OT in the inaugural WAC Championship. Didn't break anything, punch anything (or anyone)- just had a few more beers and then got up the next day and watched more football...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

'10 Nevada game, Nevada wins and I'm fuming - then a good friend texts "it's not too late to apply to Oregon" and I couldn't stop laughing.

TCU and SDSU losses I laughed.

I think you meant the 2010 game, but point taken.

I've been disappointed after a loss, but I've never been upset and I've certainly never put a hole in a wall or broken anything.....I wouldn't even do that if I was playing. The most disappointed I have been after a Nevada loss would be the close losses in bowl games to Miami and Arizona and the 4 OT game in Boise. 

The 2012 European championships. We lost to Greece 1-0 when all we needed was an F-ing draw to advance to the knockout stages. Greece! Seriously!

Greece won the Euro Championship in 2004. Russia's been an afterthought in football for some time.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

When the refs pulled the "Tom Brady tuck rule" outa there asses to save the Pats from a home playoff loss to the Raiders.

Probably one if my worst moments too...and the time when fat as.s man diaper wearing Siragusa gratuitously pancaked Gannon.

losing to UC Irvine in the '08 tournament semis.  I was in attendance and they looked so lackadaisical I called them chokers in frustration.  We were top-100 RPI, 23 wins, conference champs - and somehow fell three times to Irvine of all teams.

Losing to Cal in men's soccer in the second round of the 2010 NCAA tournament.  I hated everything Cal related for a while and was sick to my stomach for about a week.