Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CARDINALTROJAN

P5 WILL SPLIT OFF FROM PRETENDER G5 CONFERENCES

If the PAC 12 expands and can't bring Texas, TT, OU, and OSU, We will probably invite Hawaii and CSU to go with CU. Big 12 will hold their nose and take the stench of BYU and probably go into Cali with FSU and SDS and CINCI. Big 12 will probably trade WV for Louisville.

You said enough. You know nothing about expansion and can go sit in the corner now.

No BIG 12 would want to get into Cali for recruiting and media. UNM brings no value and zzz UNLV

I was talking about the PAC. CSU brings absolutely nothing to the table from the PACs standpoint.

I was talking about the PAC. CSU brings absolutely nothing to the table from the PACs standpoint.

Yes there is ZERO chance of the PAC12 inviting any CSU school, we already have 4 teams from Calif, so if we are forced to expand and can't bring TX,TT,OU,OSU then we will probably bring in Hawaii and CSU to partner with CU, if we go to 16 the additional 2 would be from UNLV, USU, UN, NM. But the BIG12 will definitely want to get their foot into California for recruiting and media so they will take FSU and SDSU along with BYU and CINCI.

Yes there is ZERO chance of the PAC12 inviting any CSU school, we already have 4 teams from Calif, so if we are forced to expand and can't bring TX,TT,OU,OSU then we will probably bring in Hawaii and CSU to partner with CU, if we go to 16 the additional 2 would be from UNLV, USU, UN, NM. But the BIG12 will definitely want to get their foot into California for recruiting and media so they will take FSU and SDSU along with BYU and CINCI.

I was clearly talking about Colorado State. Nobody refers to a csu as simply "CSU". Colorado state adds zero value to the PAC, There is no need for CU to have a "partner".

Actually CSU brings the most from the stench that is the MWC, they have by far the largest endowment and would be a natural pairing to CU, aka UA, ASU, UO, OSU,UW, WSU, CAL, STANFORD, USC, UCLA.

Actually CSU brings the most from the stench that is the MWC, they have by far the largest endowment and would be a natural pairing to CU, aka UA, ASU, UO, OSU,UW, WSU, CAL, STANFORD, USC, UCLA.

They add no value. The Denver market is already in the PAC 12, CSU would be redundant.

They add no value. The Denver market is already in the PAC 12, CSU would be redundant.

If you knew anything about the PAC12 you would have noticed we work in pairs, ASU and UA basically share the same market as do OSU and UO and UW and WSU as well as UCLA and USC and CAL and Stanford... Duh

If you knew anything about the PAC12 you would have noticed we work in pairs, ASU and UA basically share the same market as do OSU and UO and UW and WSU as well as UCLA and USC and CAL and Stanford... Duh

CU and Utah were added as a pair.

CU and Utah were added as a pair.

That was a rush job after the debacle with TX, TT, OU, OSU and the expansions by the other conferences, we needed two for a championship game and Utah and Colorado were the best additions at the time although Hawaii was being given very serious consideration.

That was a rush job after the debacle with TX, TT, OU, OSU and the expansions by the other conferences, we needed two for a championship game and Utah and Colorado were the best additions at the time although Hawaii was being given very serious consideration.

There would be no reason now after the fact to add CSU to keep with the old set up where every U of "fill in the blank" was partnered with a "fill in the blank" state... unless byu (or usu) was also added along with a either UNR/UNLV, UNM/ NMSU, or UH - Manoa/UH - Hilo. Under your scenario your already breaking your "partner rule" by adding schools like UH, UNM, and/or UNLV; so why did you arbitrarily decide CU needs a "partner" and not any of the other new additions?

Cal. State System schools simply don't mix with flagship and land grant schools. It's a perception thing.  It has everything to do with prestige, academics standing and branding. It has NOTHING to do with winning on the football field.  Or whether I use air craft carrier and tug boat memes to represent each school. lol

The "city" state fans absolutely know this. That is why you'll notice nothing but FSU, BSU, SDSU and SJSU fans adamantly opposed to ANY MWC team being good enough to get a P5 invite. Deep down, they know they are f*cked no matter how much they produce on the football field or spin it on a messageboard.

The only schools out west in the mix for a PAC and/or BIG12 invite if this new subdivision occurs are:

In not particular order

New Mexco

Colorado St

Hawaii

UNLV

BYU 

Nevada and Utah St - Smaller versions of Colorado St and New Mexico. Smaller budgets, smaller overall facility infrastructure, smaller markets (penetration) and academic prestige.

No shot because of their academic status or market size/ lack of penetration

San Jose St

Boise St

Fresno St

San Diego St

Sacramento St

Let me be clear! It's nothing personal against those schools. It's those hipocrity SOB BCS schools to blame. 

roflbot.jpg

Our stench must be very enticing for you. 

Cal. State System schools simply don't mix with flagship and land grant schools. It's a perception thing.  It has everything to do with prestige, academics standing and branding. It has NOTHING to do with winning on the football field.  Or whether I use air craft carrier and tug boat memes to represent each school. lol

The "city" state fans absolutely know this. That is why you'll notice nothing but FSU, BSU, SDSU and SJSU fans adamantly opposed to ANY MWC team being good enough to get a P5 invite. Deep down, they know they are f*cked no matter how much they produce on the football field or spin it on a messageboard.

The only schools out west in the mix for a PAC and/or BIG12 invite if this new subdivision occurs are:

In not particular order

New Mexco

Colorado St

Hawaii

UNLV

BYU 

Nevada and Utah St - Smaller versions of Colorado St and New Mexico. Smaller budgets, smaller overall facility infrastructure, smaller markets (penetration) and academic prestige.

No shot because of their academic status or market size/ lack of penetration

San Jose St

Boise St

Fresno St

San Diego St

Sacramento St

Let me be clear! It's nothing personal against those schools. It's those hipocrity SOB BCS schools to blame. 

Where do you get your logic from? I sure hope that's not indicative on a UNM education.

Too bad for you...New Mexico ain't good enough and your market is relatively small and you don't bring much to the table. Not very enticing to the Pac 12, that's for sure. The Pac 12 already has Wazzu to feed. They don't need another Wazzu.

Oh, and SJSU is the flagship school of the CSU system. You obviously have no clue there. There's 46 million people in California, and yeah, they did name schools after cities. That's obviously a huge hangup for you. If I were you, I'd embrace it, because all 3 CSU's own New Mexico in football (the only thing that counts). lulz

Well, too bad for you...New Mexico ain't good enough and your market is relatively small and you don't bring much to the table. Not very enticing to the Pac 12, that's for sure.

Oh, and SJSU is the flagship school of the CSU system. You obviously have no clue there. There's 46 million people in California, and yeah, they did name schools after cities. That's obviously a huge hangup for you. If I were you, I'd embrace it, because all 3 CSU's own New Mexico in football (the only thing that counts). lulz

That says it all.

Sorry to hurt your feelings. 

roflbot.jpg