Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CARDINALTROJAN

P5 WILL SPLIT OFF FROM PRETENDER G5 CONFERENCES

Guest #1Stunner

Big question is who else will they invite this offseason?

UCONN

Cincinnati

Houston

South Florida

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

BYU

Colorado State

Correct.  This would just hasten the creation of power conference no. 6 (i.e., the best of the rest).  

REQUIREMENT---you either have to have geography, fans, or DOLLARS to be part of this club.  This leaves us with:

1--Central Florida

2--South Florida

3--Cinci

4--UConn

5--Houston

6--SMU

7--BYU

8--Boise

9--UNLV

10--SDSU

11--Wyoming

12--Memphis

13--Tulane

14--New Mexico

Guest #1Stunner

UCONN

Cincinnati

Houston

South Florida

Central Florida

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

BYU

Colorado State

Wyoming

Or, like you said.... they invite other schools, and all expand to 14 minimum schools, from among the above schools.

UCONN

Cincinnati

Houston

South Florida

UNLV

SDSU Memphis

New Mexico

BYU

Colorado State

I would throw in SMU and C. Florida. 

If the Big12 stretches all the way to a coastal state. It'll be Florida over any Cal State system school. 

roflbot.jpg

Correct.  This would just hasten the creation of power conference no. 6 (i.e., the best of the rest).  

REQUIREMENT---you either have to have geography, fans, or DOLLARS to be part of this club.  This leaves us with:

1--Central Florida

2--South Florida

3--Cinci

4--UConn

5--Houston

6--SMU

7--BYU

8--Boise

9--UNLV

10--SDSU

11--Wyoming

12--Memphis

13--Tulane

14--New Mexico

You and Tulane crack me up.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Correct. This would just hasten the creation of power conference no. 6 (i.e., the best of the rest).

REQUIREMENT---you either have to have geography, fans, or DOLLARS to be part of this club. This leaves us with:

1--Central Florida

2--South Florida

3--Cinci

4--UConn

5--Houston

6--SMU

7--BYU

8--Boise

9--UNLV

10--SDSU

11--Wyoming

12--Memphis

13--Tulane

14--New Mexico

The only place for the P5 to choose from for expansion is us because of all of the court battles and legal issues with stealing from themselves.

BYU

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

Boise

Colorado State

UCONN

Cincinnati

Memphis

Houston

USF

UCF

These are the 12 I would go with in two divisions.

My guess is the PAC-12, Big Ten and Big-12 aren't done with expansion yet.

SEC may not be done either.

Big moves coming. MWC will be in big trouble any day now, better get on the phone with Idaho, New Mexico State and CUSA/Sunbelt if you want to survive.

Some more teams are getting called up, just a matter of who that will be.

Guest #1Stunner

The only place for the P5 to choose from for expansion is us because of all of the court battles and legal issues with stealing from themselves.

BYU

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

Boise (they can't even afford to expand their stadium)

Colorado State (they are all talk....want to build a new stadium, and their campus is crumbling, and they want to form their own new State).

Wyoming (loaded with cash, own their own state, will represent the redneck fans of the intermountain west (Cliven Bundy types))

Hawaii (even they they are poor, they get in because they have good fans, good food, and own their state)

UCONN

Cincinnati

Memphis

Houston

USF

UCF

Big moves coming. MWC will be in big trouble any day now, better get on the phone with Idaho, New Mexico State and CUSA/Sunbelt if you want to survive.

I think you are correct.  You see these things for what they are, and usually others take 2-3 years to figure out what you already see now (see Dave Rice).

So, I agree with you on this.  

But, I'm going to edit your list of schools.  I don't want to be stuck with non-competitive, INSOLVENT, CASH POOR losers in a new conference.  Any addition will need money OR market, or else they aren't invited.

Like I've been saying, the Big12 won't stay at 10. They'll add at least 4 schools down the road. If this new subdivision takes off, I could see the P5 all being at 14 or 16 each

I'm not sure if the Big12 and PAC12 will jump all the way to 16 teams each though. That would mean they would have to add 8 current G5 schools. There's simply not enough quality teams to add. 

I think they might go to 14 each. If that's the case I could see Hawaii sneaking into the PAC12. 

roflbot.jpg

Like I've been saying, the Big12 won't stay at 10. They'll add at least 4 schools down the road. If this new subdivision takes off, I could see the P5 all being at 14 or 16 each

I'm not sure if the Big12 and PAC12 will jump all the way to 16 teams each though. That would mean they would have to add 8 current G5 schools. There's simply not enough quality teams to add.

I think they might go to 14 each. If that's the case I could see Hawaii sneaking into the PAC12.

UNLV

New Mexico

Colorado State

BYU

Cincinnati

UCONN

Houston

USF

That is eight schools right there that belong in the P5.

SDSU and UCF are likely to get added also.

Big Ten, Big-12 and PAC-12 will all add schools. SEC and ACC may also add one or two.

It is going to happen and the leftovers will be dead meat.

Soo, will the rest of us unwashed dregs still have FB teams next year?

Seiously though, if the P5 somehow break away successfully, I'd anticipate some serious financial backlash from Joe fan; either way, it's not like the game hasn't been violated beyond recognition with rule changes, etc., anyway...

New-Signature.jpg

BYU

UNLV

SDSU

New Mexico

Boise

Colorado State

UCONN

Cincinnati

Memphis

Houston

USF

UCF

NEVER...EVER...GOING to Happen.

If the PAC 12 expands and can't bring Texas, TT, OU, and OSU, We will probably invite Hawaii and CSU to go with CU. Big 12 will hold their nose and take the stench of BYU and probably go into Cali with FSU and SDS and CINCI. Big 12 will probably trade WV for Louisville.

If the PAC 12 expands and can't bring Texas, TT, OU, and OSU, We will probably invite Hawaii and CSU to go with CU. Big 12 will hold their nose and take the stench of BYU and probably go into Cali with FSU and SDS and CINCI. Big 12 will probably trade WV for Louisville.

They would add UNM before they would add CSU, UNLV would also likely be added ahead of CSU as well.