Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

OT: Who makes the best beer in your area?

I like Anchor's main beer and their xmas ale, but the rest of their offerings don't do it for me. Firestone is bomb, though. I just got a 24 pack from Costco with DBA, the pale, the IPA and their hoppy Pilsner. LOVE the pilsner.

I'm not an IPA guy, but they make a good one. It's rare that I enjoy the entire line-up from any brew co. And F-W is that rarity. 

I went to a micro brew restaurant in SLC was was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I think it was called Red Rock.

Yup. Red Rock is quality brew. Tastes are individual and subjective,and I put RR on the same level as Wasatch and/or Squatters. To my taste (dry) Uinta is the headliner 'round about these here parts.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

Blacktooth brewing in Sheridan is pretty good. They make a strong porter that's aged in Wyoming whiskey barrels; it almost tastes like a boilermaker on its own, ha ha. I also really like Snake River brewing. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

In Sacramento, the three best local breweries are Ruhstaller, New Helvetia, and Track 7 in no particular order. Bike Dog is getting close to these three.

http://ruhstallerbeer.com/

http://newhelvetiabrew.com/

http://http://track7brewing.com/

http://www.bikedogbrewing.com/

No Rubicon?  Shocked!  Shocked, I tell ya!

Who makes the best beer in the Puget Sound Region?  This is like asking who are the hottest Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders.  A few of the best of the best beers IMO are:

Elysian Brewing - all good while while The Immortal IPA is tops

Mac and Jack's African Amber - Mac and Jacks beers are average except for the African Amber - my favorite beer. Available in draft only.

Fremont Brewing - all good to great beers

logo.png

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

Was in Taft the other day. Black Gold Brewery is new, their Stout is ama'zin. The owner took the Craft Beer classes at SDSU.

Remember the first time I drank a craft beer, back in 85 (I think) Daily Planet Rest in the Tower District in Fresberg, Sierra Nev Pale Ale, thought I died & went to heaven after that beer. Back then, the only choice was Coors, Bud & the Malt Liquors etc.

Sequoia Brewery in the Tower Dist brews some good ones.

Dirt Sorcerer

2012-08-21-Odell01.JPG

Odell brewing in FC

Probably my favorite all-around brewery. I also like Avery a lot, especially the Salvation golden ale. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Probably my favorite all-around brewery. I also like Avery a lot, especially the Salvation golden ale. 

I like Avery's too.  Just have a tough time getting past that it's made in Boulder. :D

Pffft. It ain't got nudding on MillerLite in Irwindale.

Miller is hilarious.  Love how they repackaged their crappy Icehouse product into their 'new' Fortune line and charging $8 a sixer for the same exact beer you can pickup at the minimart 2/$2.  LOL.

Miller is hilarious.  Love how they repackaged their crappy Icehouse product into their 'new' Fortune line and charging $8 a sixer for the same exact beer you can pickup at the minimart 2/$2.  LOL.

LOL - Irwindale needs to combine Miller with Huy Fong foods to create Sriracha beer ;-)

I'll rank Utah's and we'll see who disagrees with me:

1.  Wasatch - I think they were the first, they have the best variety and the best quality.  And I've met (and had drinks with) the owner.

2.  Squaters - Pretty much merged with Wasatch with the Utah Brewers Co-op, but also a great selection.

3.  Uinta - Some tasty brews, their canned stuff (Cut-throat pale ale) is pretty decent for a 4% beer.   They also make a hemp seed beer that's pretty good. 

The torch has been passed my friend :-) But I do enjoy a Monkey Knife Fight every now and again.

I don't know, I learned the craft there, and Scott still brews up some mean stuff (RyePA, Rosebud, Winter Wheat Wine).  Has the quality changed since they went big and opened the larger brewery in West Sac?