Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RogueStout

OT: Who makes the best beer in your area?

I really like Payette Pale, and Crooked Fence has a good seasonal that uses (mildly) huckleberries called Adelaide that is delicious when you can find it on tap.

The new place Woodland Empire has great beers as well.

payette-pale-ale-large.png

389ded9cdbb5e8de984718e8f8cbdda6_320x320

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

There are too many to list in the greater SD area.

Butt they aren't all "the best"!

A local pizza joint had Arrogant Bastard bourbon barrel aged beer on tap a couple weeks ago. Delicious. 

They call me whenever that one comes in. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Butt they aren't all "the best"!

A local pizza joint had Arrogant Bastard bourbon barrel aged beer on tap a couple weeks ago. Delicious. 

They call me whenever that one comes in.

Different breweries make a different selection better than most.

There are too many to list in the greater SD area.

Yeah, SD definitely leads the SoCal,  and the rest of the state, craft brewers pack. There are too many too many good craft brewers to list, these three are the ones I most frequently stock up on:

Karl Strauss Brewing Company

karlredtrolley_large.png

Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

FirestoneWalker.jpg

Anchor Brewing Co.

anchor%20steam.jpg

Dust Bowl makes the best beer in the Central Valley right now, IMO. I still like a lot of Sierra Nevada's beers. As far as NorCal as a whole, it's a tough one but Anderson Valley usually wins out for me.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Most beers at Marble and La Cumbre are very, very good.  The Jackalope IPA over at Chama River is pretty good as well.  We're not just known for IPA's, as Marble's pilsner won a gold at the World Beer Cup.  

My favorite in Albuquerque is Project Dank by La Cumbre
http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24659/110259/

Also love San Diego 's Ballast point sculpin.

Project Dank was one of those I was really impressed with when I tried it a couple of months back.  Can't wait till they get it back on tap.  

Yeah, SD definitely leads the SoCal,  and the rest of the state, craft brewers pack. There are too many too many good craft brewers to list, these three are the ones I most frequently stock up on:

Karl Strauss Brewing Company

karlredtrolley_large.png

Firestone Walker Brewing Co.

FirestoneWalker.jpg

Anchor Brewing Co.

anchor%20steam.jpg

I like Anchor's main beer and their xmas ale, but the rest of their offerings don't do it for me. Firestone is bomb, though. I just got a 24 pack from Costco with DBA, the pale, the IPA and their hoppy Pilsner. LOVE the pilsner.

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

I'm an IPA guy, so the palate has been wrecked with the CA IPA, but Foothills is decent in NC, as well as a couple Triangle area breweries, such as Full Steam, Carolina Brewery and Topo.  You need to order a double IPA in NC to match a Sierra Nevada though.  I haven't been to Asheville, but I hear they have all of the top selections in NC

I'd pick Ballast Point. The Sculpin is amazing.

In northern Nevada I'd have to go with Great Basin. Hard to believe Icky has been around for almost 20 years.

I just had that the other day for the first time. Was very impressed. I like Stone's IPA a lot, too.

I agree that SD has a lot of great ones, but I've just always preferred breweries north of the grape vine for some reason (PRIDE!!).

I like my beer like I like my womens... Dark and full bodied.

My favorite craft brewer in Utah is Uinta. Their King's Peak porter and Cutthroat Ale are both the tits.

Everyone else around here gets all diamond cuttin' hard for Epic brewers,but their product is too thin and light for my taste.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

I like my beer like I like my womens... Dark and full bodied.

My favorite craft brewer in Utah is Uinta. Their King's Peak porter and Cutthroat Ale are both the tits.

Everyone else around here gets all diamond cuttin' hard for Epic brewers,but their product is too thin and light for my taste.

I went to a micro brew restaurant in SLC was was pleasantly surprised at the quality. I think it was called Red Rock. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg