Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFanatic

Comparison: 2013 OOC performance, MW vs AAC (2014 memberships)

*Includes bowl games....**Rutgers considered AQ/P5 OOC win for Fresno St....***includes ECU, Tulsa and Tulane for AAC.

.....................MW..................AAC
vs FCS........9-1(.900)........5-3(.625)

vs  G5......12-10(.545)......12-8(.600)

vs  P5........2-20(.091)........4-17(.190)
vs FBS.....14-30(.318)......16-25(.390)

vs All........23-31(.426)......21-28(.429)
EOY ranked:    none............1 (UCF)

2014 OOC games scheduled (fcs/g5/p5)

MW:  10/19/21

AAC:  9/14/21

Even with 2014 lineups, I give the edge to AAC last year.......can't wait for the first kickoff in 2014!!!

~ FF

Between: Cincy, UCF, ECU, and Houston...Hopefully one will earn the access bowl.

Let's hope not, shall we?

OOC, UH will have a tough game at BYU, but otherwise their opponents are cream-puff: UTSA, Grambling State and Tennessee Tech.  Decent chance to go undefeated there.

Similarly, Cincy plays at Ohio State and at Miami (Fl)… and has Miami-Ohio and Toledo.  Not.  Gonna. Happen.

UCF plays Penn State (in Ireland!) and is at Mizzou… and also has Bethune Cookman and BYU.  Ditto (see just above)

ECU plays S. Carolina and at Va. Tech (and also has N. Carolina Central and UNC).  Ditto. Above. Times. 2. 

Other than that, you'll cannibalize each other in conference, so I don't see the Access Bowl as a given for the AAC at all... 

OOC, UH will have a tough game at BYU, but otherwise their opponents are cream-puff: UTSA, Grambling State and Tennessee Tech.  Decent chance to go undefeated there.

Similarly, Cincy plays at Ohio State and at Miami (Fl)… and has Miami-Ohio and Toledo.  Not.  Gonna. Happen.

UCF plays Penn State (in Ireland!) and is at Mizzou… and also has Bethune Cookman and BYU.  Ditto (see just above)

ECU plays S. Carolina and at Va. Tech (and also has N. Carolina Central and UNC).  Ditto. Above. Times. 2. 

Other than that, you'll cannibalize each other in conference, so I don't see the Access Bowl as a given for the AAC at all... 

I don't think UTSA is a cream puff.  I think they can win in Houston this fall.

Houston's schedule has been a disaster recently.  I don't know why they are loading up on garbage squads OOC, but that's what they've done lately.  ECU always poops the bed, even when they've had some great teams. 

It always seems to matter when you lose as well.  Cincy and UCF will lose some games.  I doubt UCF is nearly as good this year, given who they recently lost.  That's a lot to replace.

Some team like Northern Illinois will go through an easy schedule undefeated and get the bowl games.  The MWC teams outside of Boise and SDSU have a lot of potential losses too.  I think Boise and SDSU have the type of schedules that will get some attention should they win their games, and people won't hammer them for who they played like people did with Fresno last year.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Is there actually still an "access bowl" now that the BCS is defunct? I'm so weary of all that +++++ that I just can't motivate myself to keep up with it.

Yeah, they threw the G5 teams some peanuts by guaranteeing one slot of 12 for a BCS game and the money all gets divided up between those conferences.

So, whoever the highest rated G5 team is at the end of the year gets the invite.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg