Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

sporting news ranks mwc football coaches

Bogus article!

How in the world is Hauck ahead of Calhoun? Calhoun is easily a top 4 coach. Even Bob Davie is a better coach than Hauck.

Hauck inherited a program that was 16-43 the previous 5 years under Sanford. Davie inherited a program that just came off the death penalty that is Mike Locksley and produced more wins that Hauck did his first 2 years. 

Calhun should be top 4

Rocky is #6 right where he's always been and always will

Davie #9

Hauck #10

False. In this conf, Rocky is definitely in the top four.

I don't know if I'd call Hauck a hell of a coach. He rode a hot QB who he'd benched several times to a bowl game where he got thrashed by North Texas.

I'd hold out on the "hell of a coach talk" until this year plays out.

I don't think Hauck is a hell of a coach either, but I don't think you need to be in this conf. This place is full of weak coaches.

I actually think Hauck is a very good football guy, not sold on his head coaching abilities.  Aside from his suspect gameday management, he has his set plan for doing things, and I don't think that plan will ever translate into long term success at UNLV.  You simply can't recruit HS kids into UNLV and expect to develop a roster that can smashmouth even a halfway decent D1 program.  That's just not going to work here, at least not at this point. UNLV might pick off a few 3 star HS kids, but the rest will be scraps off the pile. The long term plan for success is just all wrong imo.  Sanford had the right idea offensively, Hauck has the right idea defensively.   I also think last year was more of a result of a very very weak conference schedule.  Not saying we didn't improve, but I think the bowl game where we got dominated by North Texas was an indication that last season might have looked a lot better than it actually was.  I'll definitely take it, but I won't be sold on Hauck until I see him improve on last season with a little tougher schedule next year.

I laughed out loud when it said that Bohl was a longtime elite defensive coordinator at Nebraska under Tom Osborne. He was never the defensive coordinator under Dr. Osborne and in truth, his three years as defensive coordinator is what knocked Nebraska out of the ranks of the elite programs. They still haven't recovered.

Holy hyperbole....

I don't know if I'd call Hauck a hell of a coach. He rode a hot QB who he'd benched several times to a bowl game where he got thrashed by North Texas.

I'd hold out on the "hell of a coach talk" until this year plays out.

I agree with this. How many times last year did UNLV nearly snatch defeat in the jaws of victory as a result of Hauck's horrendous coaching decisions at times? The fake FGs, the fake punts, the decisions to go for it in obtainable FG range, the play-calling.

More bonehead decisions then I can even recall came from Hauck, but the play of Herring, Davis, Cornett, and an occasionally timely defense kept Hauck's head above water in a make or break season.

Improving UNLV's football situation starts with an on-campus stadium and a vast improvement in football facilities. No reason why UNLV can recruit Top-20 in the nation in basketball, but is in the basement of the f*cking MWC in football recruiting. Improve the facilities, and they will come.

Rebel18_zps27699187.gif

I love playing Oregon.  BSU owns them.

That LeGarrette B. punch after BSU boat raced Oregon on the blue is one of my all time favorite moments. Does that make me a savage? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

That LeGarrette B. punch after BSU boat raced Oregon on the blue is one of my all time favorite moments. Does that make me a savage? 

Guy just lost it after getting whooped all game.  I loved it.  If it had been a futbol match in S America that guy would have been torn apart after the guy replayed it on the jumbo tron in real time over and over

Posted Image

It's unfortunate that no ones remembers the game, but instead remembers a Boise player who was mouthing off get knocked the F out.

It's unfortunate that nobody remembers Fresneck's whole season, but instead, remembers Fresneck choking to SJSU with the BCS on the line and then getting boatraced by a very average USC team.

0mK6pGK.png

It's unfortunate that nobody remembers Fresneck's whole season, but instead, remembers Fresneck choking to SJSU with the BCS on the line and then getting boatraced by a very average USC team.

Naw I don't think many people remember much about Fresno football....they have never really done anything to remember.

Posted Image

It's unfortunate that no ones remembers the game, but instead remembers a Boise player who was mouthing off get knocked the F out.

Plenty of people remember BSU owning Oregon.  That cheapshot will keep the game in everyones mind.  What is Fresno's biggest win ever?  Was that the 91 Freedom Bowl?

Posted Image