Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

OT: Who makes the best burger in your area?

Guest #1Stunner

This thread is about who makes the best hamburger in your state / area.  We all love a good hamburger---well maybe not the veggie eatin' hippies at Cal Berkeley....

Anyway, if you feel like it, identify for the rest of us where a body can go to get the best burger in your area.  I'll offer one for Utah, even though I don't live there:

CROWN BURGERS

http://www.crown-burgers.com/

Utah's Greeks have created the best burger I've ever found.  I don't know what those Greeks/Grecians/Grecos put in it---they claim just pastrami---but it is damn good.  

What burger place do you recommend in your area?

*this thread is not a beer thread, or any other food/drink thread but only recommendations for Burgers.  Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes and Ice Cream (USU Aggies) are also okay.

Probably the Awful-Awful

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Ubiquitous cheap burger:  Deluxe Burgers at ++++'s Drive-in and BurgerMaster are tied for first.  (short name for Richard is ++++ out)

Classic beefy burger: Laboomba Burger - Riverside Tavern (Fall City) 

6993430.JPG

dicks-drive-in-restaurant.jpg

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

Guest #1Stunner

Ubiquitous cheap burger:  Deluxe Burgers at ++++'s Drive-in and BurgerMaster are tied for first.  (short name for Richard is ++++ out)

Classic beefy burger: Laboomba Burger - Riverside Tavern (Fall City)

Where are those located? Boise?

Crave burger here does a half pound burger between two grilled cheese sandwiches

Where is Crave Burger?   I've been partial to the Lark Burger lately. Not big, but freaking good.

Where is Crave Burger? I've been partial to the Lark Burger lately. Not big, but freaking good.

there is one in highlands ranch by the tattered cover. They have a couple in the springs too. They have all kinds of weird burgers that are really good.

Vegas has a ton of burger joints including gourmet burgers but, I always find my way back to IN-N-OUT. 

The IN-N-OUTs outside of CA aren't the same. They don't do it for me. I've ate at the one in Vegas (off of 15fwy) and Phoenix. 

This thread is about who makes the best hamburger in your state / area.  We all love a good hamburger---well maybe not the veggie eatin' hippies at Cal Berkeley....

Anyway, if you feel like it, identify for the rest of us where a body can go to get the best burger in your area.  I'll offer one for Utah, even though I don't live there:

CROWN BURGERS

http://www.crown-burgers.com/

Utah's Greeks have created the best burger I've ever found.  I don't know what those Greeks/Grecians/Grecos put in it---they claim just pastrami---but it is damn good.  

What burger place do you recommend in your area?

*this thread is not a beer thread, or any other food/drink thread but only recommendations for Burgers.  Corn Dogs, Funnel Cakes and Ice Cream (USU Aggies) are also okay.

Crown is great for fast food burgers. I know the families that own them well, and they are all good people and make a fine product.

Lucky 13 makes some great burgers, but be warned that it is a bar:

burger-pooltable.jpeg

http://www.lucky13slc.com/

Also, the Cotton Bottom (also a bar) makes a great Garlic Burger, but it may not be around much longer (Holladay city is supposedly going to buy the building and property, may or may not lease it back ):  http://cottonbottominn.com/

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

The IN-N-OUTs outside of CA aren't the same. They don't do it for me. I've ate at the one in Vegas (off of 15fwy) and Phoenix. 

I lived in CA for ten years and I could not tell the difference between here and there.  They've all been equally good to me.  What was different for you?

Too many places in Pasadena that make great gourmet or bar burgers to list. Same applies to L.A.

I have two tied for small/local/regional chain; In-N-Out & Tommy's. The burgers at Tommy's all have chili. I love their chili burgers. 

tommyschili2.jpg

People in and outside of Boise rave about Bad Boy Burger, I've never

been impressed, Big Judd's equally sucks.

Best local burger I've had came from Boise Fry Company...

IMG_6386.JPG

Boise sucks for burgers. I hate the pre fab patties they use everywhere.

Posted Image