Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

70 million in athletics upgrades for BSU

Try and keep up. The latest was the football facility. You know, like you'll never have.

Yes, and gorgeous it is.

But, the "you'll never have" statement is simply not true. Revenue is seeing a spike since Hill left. Stay tuned...

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

jealousy.jpg

I am totally jealous of your football building for sure...that's about it. Let's be honest, the stadium itself and the connector-set mentality to its additions are a joke. Many Boise fans actually agree.

I am totally jealous of your football building for sure...that's about it. Let's be honest, the stadium itself and the connector-set mentality to its additions are a joke. Many Boise fans actually agree.

The stadium has been expanded piece by piece from the 

beginning.  It's continually a work in progress, and that 

progress comes every four or five years.

Meanwhile, in Fresbo - you've been waiting since 1991 

for the slightest structural improvement.  Even more 

hilarious...only mentions of expansion of Bulldog Stadium

include Pat Hill's whining, and new field turf.

Why?

It's a short term solution that has served its purpose.

Here's a link to MSU's 24.5 million dollar addition, could

see a similar project for Bronco Stadium...

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2013/08/michigan_states_spartan_stadiu.html

It looks like a aftermarket bolt on spoiler for a honda civic.

image.png

beginning. It's continually a work in progress, and that

for the slightest structural improvement. Even more

Structural improvements are not needed at Bulldog Stadium. It was designed and expanded correctly from the beginning. That's the difference between our two stadiums.

Expansion is not necessary at the moment. Plus, we already have around 10k more permanent seats than Boise. Now, what we do need are smaller improvements like concessions, bathrooms, etc. Like I said, fundraising is improving dramatically since Hill left. We just completed a new 10,000 square foot sports medicine complex after a major donation from a donor who had been turned away from Hill.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

All of the recruits coming to Boise are raving about that facilities... but that lessened by your hurtful words. Hopefully the next expansion takes into account the opinions of opposing fans on this board and less of the coaches, fans, boosters, and recruits of Boise State.

Fact is, Boise State is killing it in the arms race against the MW...even though they started decades and decades after all of them... but you're right, the stadium isn't symmetrical...

You're just barely catching up to most of us.

beginning. It's continually a work in progress, and that

for the slightest structural improvement. Even more

Meh, we need a new press box, some bathroom remodeling and some updated suites would be nice...but the stadium itself is of the earthen bowl variety (same architect as Autzen) and not really in need of the 'slightest structural' improvement. Some things are built to stand the test of time...some aren't. Boise stadium isn't. It's ugly and looks like a miniature golf course stadium. But as I said, you have a nice football building and a bond to go with it. We're working on our own football building (Jim Sweeney Center)...as a football only addition to our Duncan Athletic Building...I am happy for you guys though, but you're not going to convince many that Bronco Stadium is anything but rinky-dink. It is what it is.

Guest #1Stunner

beginning.  It's continually a work in progress, and that 

for the slightest structural improvement.  Even more 

I'm not sure why you think Fresno's stadium looks so bad, and is such a disgrace. Most neutral observers probably think Fresno's stadium actually looks decent. Isn't it essentially the same as Oregon', before Oregon expanded?

Why do you think Fresno's stadium looks bad?

Guest #1Stunner

Boise's stadium is in desperate need of expansion and more seating. It's impossible to get tickets as a visiting fan. Only 36k seats doesn't go too far....

I'm not sure why you think Fresno's stadium looks so bad, and is such a disgrace. Most neutral observers probably think Fresno's stadium actually looks decent. Isn't it essentially the same as Oregon', before Oregon expanded?

Why do you think Fresno's stadium looks bad?

He's grasping at straws. Fresno's stadium blows THE BLUE Q out of the water.

How are you even allowed in this conversation, flipping the 

Q for a college game only involves un-tapping the kegs.

We have beer at THE GREEN Q. Keep spending money on THE BLUE Q though, we love it.

Your "state of the art" football complex looks like the one we built a decade ago.

LOL!

“It’s just as good or better than any other facilities I’ve been to,” Lemieux said of Boise State’s new $22 million Bleymaier Football Center. “The coaching staff and I obviously had a good bond over the phone and stuff. I know them pretty well. I was in a meeting with coach (Scott) Huff and the offensive linemen and I got to see how he coaches and stuff, and I really like how he treats the players. He’s a players’ coach.

From a kid who has visited USC, UCLA, Cal, and others.