Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrueAg

MWC Friday Night Televised Games

UNLV has outside and unlikely shot at $2M. Not going to happen but good chance $1M does come through.

UNLV best Saturday games include NIU, SDSU, Fresno State and BYU. BYU is likely to be televised and one of the other three is likely as well.

The @ BYU game will be on TV but we get no money for that one.  UNLV will be lucky to see 500k this year

UNLV has outside and unlikely shot at $2M. Not going to happen but good chance $1M does come through.

UNLV best Saturday games include NIU, SDSU, Fresno State and BYU. BYU is likely to be televised and one of the other three is likely as well.

I think you need to go brush up on how the Exposure Bonus System works. First, the only games that qualify are those that the MWC owns the televisions rights to so you can throw out the OOC road game at BYU. Second, just because the game is on television somewhere doesn't mean you receive a bonus, it must be a on a qualifying channel. Currently that is defined as a network that is in 90 million homes or more. The channels defined in the contract are: ESPN or ESPN2, and then the over the air channels of ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX. That's it....no Fox Sports 1, no CBSSports, no regional Fox Sports, no Root, no Time Warner....you get the point.

So which of those games you listed do you see being picked up and aired on one of the qualifying channels?

I think you need to go brush up on how the Exposure Bonus System works. First, the only games that qualify are those that the MWC owns the televisions rights to so you can throw out the OOC road game at BYU. Second, just because the game is on television somewhere doesn't mean you receive a bonus, it must be a on a qualifying channel. Currently that is defined as a network that is in 90 million homes or more. The channels defined in the contract are: ESPN or ESPN2, and then the over the air channels of ABC, CBS, NBC, or FOX. That's it....no Fox Sports 1, no CBSSports, no regional Fox Sports, no Root, no Time Warner....you get the point.

So which of those games you listed do you see being picked up and aired on one of the qualifying channels?

Surprised FS1 is not included, although I am pretty sure you are correct.

Aztecs are gonna own Friday nights this year... 

:lalalala:  :lalalala:  :lalalala::pullhair:

San_Diego_State_Logotype.png 

"Finally we decided it's crazy that we can win games by throwing the ball without the best personnel. So we threw the hell out  of the ball and won some games. When we started doing that, we were like 55–5–1."

Don Coryell, head coach 1961-1972

104 wins, 19 losses, 2 ties including 3 undefeated seasons: 1966, 1968, 1969     College Football Hall of Fame Inductee, 1999

Surprised FS1 is not included, although I am pretty sure you are correct.

Wish it were. Utah and Utah St. played the inaugural college football game covered by Fox Sports 1 last year as their kick-off special. Sadly we did not receive a bonus for it since it does not meet the stipulations and is not listed in the contract. That, and it was a road game anyway...lol.

So, so far it's:

Fresno St, Boise St, and Utah St with $600k each

Nevada, New Mexico, Wyoming, and San Jose St with $300k each

San Diego St, Hawaii, UNLV, Air Force, Colorado St with $0 each

If I remember correctly, last season when television schedules were first announced, Wyoming was at the back of the bonus pack, but I think Wyoming actually ended the season as one of the biggest bonus makers. Anyone got the final bonus stats handy from last season?

Yeah...this is only a Friday slate announcement....ESPN has the rights to the entire Boise home slate and Boise gets some guaranteed Saturday home games as well...so I'd imagine that a few here are going to score with Saturday match ups at Boise on ESPN/2.   

Wish it were. Utah and Utah St. played the inaugural college football game covered by Fox Sports 1 last year as their kick-off special. Sadly we did not receive a bonus for it since it does not meet the stipulations and is not listed in the contract. That, and it was a road game anyway...lol.

Yeah....I think FS1 could be included eventually assuming their prospective viewer numbers reach the threshold needed to qualify for a "national broadcast." 

Yeah....I think FS1 could be included eventually assuming their prospective viewer numbers reach the threshold needed to qualify for a "national broadcast." 

Pretty sure it will soon. Media watch already tracks their CFB numbers.

Damn Friday at 6 in November is going to be a bytch.  I might have to take that day off from work.

November 7 is perfect. For the end of daylight savings time that is. Should be really comfy with the entire game being played after sundown in November.

Here's hoping Craigy T. attends and freezes his balls off.

Oh that's right. He doesn't have any.

Boom goes the dynamite.

We have gaurenteed Saturday ESPN games? I didn't know that.

Am I wrong?  IIRC you do..at least Sat games...not necessarily ESPN/2..but I may be confusing your limit on ESPN3 games with a limit your number of weeknight games. TBH, it doesn't matter, you'll get some Saturday games on ESPN/2.

Wasn't it 3 gauranteed homes games?

Yes, the contract states a minimum of 3 of the home games must be guaranteed to be shown on one of the bonus qualifying channels. In other words, the worst BSU can do in any given year is $900k in bonus money. Although it is more likely that at least one of the games will fall on a Saturday and push that figure over $1M. Two such qualifying games are already known on the Friday schedule so only one more needs to be guaranteed to appear on ESPN/ESPN2 to meet the minimum requirement.

Her is what they have....

Boise State can only be required to play a maximum of three non-Saturday games per season

The Boise State football team will play at least three national TV bonus games through the 2019 football season, as designated by the Mountain West, under terms of the league’s new television contract with ESPN announced by both parties Wednesday.

Three Boise State home games will be on ESPN, ESPN2 or ABC, thus meeting the criteria for the Mountain West’s bonus. The league will pay $300,000 for conference-controlled games that air on designated national networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN and ESPN2). There is an additional $200,000 payment for Saturday games on those networks.

Boise State’s other home games can be aired on any of ESPN’s family of networks, including ESPNU, ESPNews or ESPN3. Games on those outlets would not be eligible for the payment bonus. No more than two Boise State games per year can be on ESPN3, which is web-based

Hoping Fresno States vs Nebraska gets on ESPN. Cause that is really our only great chance for some more $$$

@USC- TV for sure but we do not own the rights

@UTAH - Pac-12 Net maybe?

vs Southern Utah =nothing

Nebraska= CBS Sports or ESPN

leaves 

@UNLV vs Wyoming vs San Jose State @ Nevada vs Hawaii

Might have some ESPNU or CBS Sports in these last five games but since these are all Saturday I have a hard time seeing any of them being ESPN/2. 

Maybe @Nevada (11/22) starts on ESPNU and then has a chance to get bumped up to ESPN2 depending on the teams records.