Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

StanfordAggie

Semi-OT: Suppose the devil offered you the following deal...

I heard this from a friend of mine that is an Auburn fan. He said a friend posed it to him before the Auburn/FSU title game in January. The hypothetical is the following: The devil appears to an Auburn fan and offers to guarantee that Auburn will win the title in the upcoming game. The catch is that if he accepts this deal, Alabama will win the title for the next five years in a row. Would you accept a similar deal? Suppose the devil offered to guarantee that your football team (or you basketball team if you prefer) will win a national title this upcoming season but your most hated rival will win the title for the five following seasons. Would you take it? If the devil offered me this deal involving USU and BYU... I don't know, I really don't know. :)

For football, yes. Basketball, no.

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Who is your rival? Idaho? Would you rather Idaho have five natty's to your one? C'mon man.

Idaho is hardly our rival anymore and I have a soft spot for them with a lot of family and friends as alums. Fresno and maybe BYU in the future is going to start meaning more than Idaho does/did. Either way, it would bring a lot of money to either our state or conference(in FSUs case).

I think, therefore I'm.

Wonder how much money could be made knowing the winners of the next 6 national championships..... yeah, I'd take it :D  

Lol! I didn't think about it that way. I guess maybe I could live with five consecutive BYU national championships if I were earning a large sum of money each time it happened.

SDSU has no rivals.  But as a Carolina fan, no. 

This. So much this. 

I suppose Boise counts as our biggest "rival" right now, despite the ridiculous imbalance in wins. I think I could handle five straight Boise National Championships, especially for the aforementioned reason of knowing who wins the NC for the next six years. Even betting on Fresno the first year could make a ridiculous amount of money. For the record, Boise's odds sit at 500/1 for this year, so a $10,000 bet on Fresno could make me set for life. ;)

I heard this from a friend of mine that is an Auburn fan. He said a friend posed it to him before the Auburn/FSU title game in January. The hypothetical is the following: The devil appears to an Auburn fan and offers to guarantee that Auburn will win the title in the upcoming game. The catch is that if he accepts this deal, Alabama will win the title for the next five years in a row. Would you accept a similar deal? Suppose the devil offered to guarantee that your football team (or you basketball team if you prefer) will win a national title this upcoming season but your most hated rival will win the title for the five following seasons. Would you take it? If the devil offered me this deal involving USU and BYU... I don't know, I really don't know. :)

The devil doesn't deal like this. He wants your soul, and it's about what the D would have to offer you to sell it.

kat.jpg

The devil doesn't deal like this. He wants your soul, and it's about what the D would have to offer you to sell it.

Which is worse? My soul or five consecutive BYU national titles? (Or more to the point, listening to the BYU fans I know after winning five consecutive national titles.) Honestly, I might go with my soul on that one. ;)

I'd take it, if for no other reason than it would give the MWC 6 straight National Championships and give both programs national exposure.  

The real question is; what's the over/under on SJSU attendance after 5 Natties, 25K?