Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoFasZz

MWC schools donations #s

Colorado State University now has a special department that focuses on training people on what to do if a building collapses.

http://www.training.colostate.edu/proctor/instructors.html

This is a nice first step. But facilities like Moby Gym are falling apart. Instead of teaching people how to respond to a disaster or collapsed building, it'd be better if CSU spent the pledge money on some real improvements.

Moby has seen over $20mil in renovations in the past 5 years.

Quit talking out of your ass

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

And you can't knock CSU down a peg because we have a veterinary medicine school. To CSU's credit, it's one of the best in the nation.

This I totally agree with.

CSU is one of the great Ag schools in the country and should absolutely be able to claim all the rural accreditation that goes along with the Vet (etc) activities there.

It I a disservice to try to take those factors away.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

Junky doesn't know what he's talking about anymore.  Not sure he ever did.

His myopia is astounding. Maybe someday he'll figure out that the world doesn't revolve around the Laramie/Cheyenne corridor.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I'll be sure to inform U.S. News & World Report of their oversight and errors -- haha

US news Air Force academy ranked #25 national liberal arts universities with a 10% acceptance rate and a higher graduation rate then any other MWC school. In a different category due to  focus on undergraduate degree and at least 50% of degrees in the liberal arts.

US news Air Force academy ranked #25 national liberal arts universities with a 10% acceptance rate and a higher graduation rate then any other MWC school. In a different category due to  focus on undergraduate degree and at least 50% of degrees in the liberal arts.

I see, so Instead of just a partial listing the National Universities rated #200 or higher, I should have also included information about the Liberal Arts rankings and the Regional Universities too?

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

I see, so Instead of just a partial listing the National Universities rated #200 or higher, I should have also included information about the Liberal Arts rankings and the Regional Universities too?

Point is there are different lists that use different criteria to rank.    You do understand the limitation of using USN rankings to compare everything right?  Some of the liberal arts school are far superior to many on the national university list in what they offer they just have a different focus and won't do well on USN due to the lack of breadth of majors or a focus on undergraduate education.  Does that mean they don't offer high quality?  of course not.

Simply put Air Force is tougher to get into then any other MWC school, They retain more freshman and have a higher graduation rate then any MWC school, and their average test score to get in is higher then any MWC school.  But you think they are  not at the top since they don't meet a questionable criteria at USN rankings to be a national research Univeristy. 

Moby has seen over $20mil in renovations in the past 5 years.

Quit talking out of your ass

How much of that $20M went into the twin limp deer head penises?

wpolosoundram-741204.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

How much of that $20M went into the twin limp deer head penises?

wpolosoundram-741204.jpg

That has been there since the 80's I believe.  I remember seeing that when I went to Moby, which still looks pretty much the same inside the gym

That has been there since the 80's I believe.  I remember seeing that when I went to Moby, which still looks pretty much the same inside the gym

It looks like some sort of ancient persian sex idol if you ask me. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Point is there are different lists that use different criteria to rank.    You do understand the limitation of using USN rankings to compare everything right?  Some of the liberal arts school are far superior to many on the national university list in what they offer they just have a different focus and won't do well on USN due to the lack of breadth of majors or a focus on undergraduate education.  Does that mean they don't offer high quality?  of course not.

Simply put Air Force is tougher to get into then any other MWC school, They retain more freshman and have a higher graduation rate then any MWC school, and their average test score to get in is higher then any MWC school.  But you think they are  not at the top since they don't meet a questionable criteria at USN rankings to be a national research Univeristy. 

The hell you say ... a service academy is difficult to get accepted to and they have a high retention / graduation rate -- who ever would have guessed.  I hear their endowment is pretty solid and they're pretty much guaranteed a career in their chosen field too.  If only they would relax some restrictions on height / weight and fitness testing, I'm sure they could get their total enrollment above that 5,000 mark.

Nobody is disputing the quality of the education one would receive at a service academy -- if fact, it should be expected.  I would hate to think that the primary source of officers for our armed forces were sub-par.

Semper Fidelis ... not an Air Force thing -- but it is something my people say (along with ooh-rah)

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

For 2013

CSU-$143.4mil

SDSU-$90mil

New Mexico-$65.9mil

Wyoming-$43.8

Utah State-$32.5mil

Boise State-$30.2mil

San Jose State-$29.5mil

Nevada-$28.4mil

UNLV-$22mil

Fresno State-$19.8mil

Yet again another reason why CSU is the class of this conference and why we'll be in a better one soon enough with ones who are academically and financially our peers.

CSU and the rest of the G5 are not our peers. USC raised 674.5 million in 2013, Stanford raised 937.1 million after raising OVER 1 BILLION the year before. THE GAP IS HUGE AND INSURMOUNTABLE.

You actually went down for 2013 with $72.4

CSU has been the highest in the conference for donations for probably the entirety of it's existence. The stadium hasn't been that big of a difference

Jet down there, Turbo.  You're not the only one raising record amounts of money.  Act like you've been there before.  http://www.usu.edu/president/news/article.cfm?article=51744

CSU and the rest of the G5 are not our peers. USC raised 674.5 million in 2013, Stanford raised 937.1 million after raising OVER 1 BILLION the year before. THE GAP IS HUGE AND INSURMOUNTABLE.

Last I heard this is you:

Arizona State University $108,011,257 PUB RD (CAE Donation total 2014)
USNWR #142
education-school-image-default.png
In-state tuition and fees:   $10,002 (2013-14)
Out-of-state tuition and fees:   $23,654 (2013-14)
Enrollment:   59,382
Setting:   urban
Acceptance rate: 87.9%

As one of the largest schools in the country, Arizona State University offers students more than 275 majors, 500 clubs and organizations, and 300 study abroad opportunities. It has four campuses throughout Phoenix.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

Last I heard this is you:

Arizona State University $108,011,257 PUB RD (CAE)

USNWR #142

education-school-image-default.png In-state tuition and fees: $10,002 (2013-14) Out-of-state tuition and fees: $23,654 (2013-14) Enrollment: 59,382 Setting: urban

Arizona State University

Tempe, AZ

As one of the largest schools in the country, Arizona State University offers students more than 275 majors, 500 clubs and organizations, and 300 study abroad opportunities. It has four campuses throughout Phoenix.

ASU and AZ were former WAC schools brought up like Utah only decades before as you can see they are still trying to catch up. ASU and AZ and Utah which all came from the WAC-MWC were the last and only ones that will we added to the PAC 12, several decades later two of those schools are still trying to catch up. The gap between those latest additions compared to the remaining MWC or BYU is HUGE AND INSURMOUNTABLE.

ASU and AZ were former WAC schools brought up like Utah only decades before as you can see they are still trying to catch up. ASU and AZ and Utah which all came from the WAC-MWC were the last and only ones that will we added to the PAC 12, several decades later two of those schools are still trying to catch up. The gap between those latest additions compared to the remaining MWC or BYU is HUGE AND INSURMOUNTABLE.

No really last I heard either you're David Waite, or you just plagiarize his work ... 

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

No really last I heard either you're David Waite, or you just plagiarize his work ...

And David went to ASU.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Have you guys tried shaking buckets outside of walmart?  or playing a harmonica while a stoned hippy chick dances in the square...

these might help you raise some more money. 

all CSU's problems originated when they let sonny go... and also built that handicap practice field.