Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AndreAztec

SDSU AD Jim Sterk "Its not all done yet...

I still think that a MWC/Big East football only alliance might have worked. The Big East could have still chosen their all sports members for their division while the MWC continued on with all the non football sports.

Will be interesting to see the Fresno Posters change their rhetoric if invited. The butthurt has been strong with them for some reason.

I don't think it will change one bit. Most Fresno State fans realize that the Big West for Olympic Sports will eventually be a neccesity. Unlike San Diego, not as many direct flights to our MWC foes so the travel is a non-issue for us fans.

We continue to outdraw most teams in Oly Sports and that won't likely change. While Basketball would take a hit (Has already, so not near the issue for the 'Dogs as the Tecs), both Baseball and Softball (Fresno community loves these sports) will be as good as they have been or the MWC will be. Mens and Womens Tennis have built nice programs and plays quite a bit of Western schools as is, so again a non-issue.

Most of our bashing of you asstecs come from our belief that basketball would take a hit in the Big West and your inability to see or admit that. This move will be throwing our basketball team further under the bus...but it is already there. Don't worry, we would have room for you.

The other item you forget is Fresno's athletic budget is far mor fan driven than that of most schools in the Wac, MWC or CUSA. While SDSU and many others rely on institutional support and student fees, Fresno state goes off Ticket sales and donations. Our oly sports will benefit from having closer competition from both the local fans and visitors. Football will not see a ticket decline moving from 1 to the other, I would think it should be consistent either way. Addtl TV revenue only helps curb the economic hit the Valley has faced the past few years. Between this hit and the lethargic fan base waiting to get rid of Hill and Cleveland, Fresno State could use the income.

In short, the move would benefit the 'Dogs more than the 'Tecs. That said, I believe it will be the Falcons and not the 'Dogs...at least until Louisville gets a golden ticket.

Will be interesting to see the Fresno Posters change their rhetoric if invited. The butthurt has been strong with them for some reason.

I haven't seen a lot of Fresno posters criticize the Big East move. I have seen responses to SDSU thinking they are now big time, but not buthurt. And the Big West is the wrong league for SDSU and FSU. But if the money is there, I suspect Fresno would go.

And I agree with Tommypm, probably going to be AFA. Which is fine.

.....there will be another western division member."

You turds in Fresno may get lucky afterall.

Kind of like you turds in San Diego? And remember, "western" in Big East speak is anything west of Philadelphia.

I haven't seen a lot of Fresno posters criticize the Big East move. I have seen responses to SDSU thinking they are now big time, but not buthurt. And the Big West is the wrong league for SDSU and FSU. But if the money is there, I suspect Fresno would go.

And I agree with Tommypm, probably going to be AFA. Which is fine.

If it is Fresno then BSU/FSU/SDSU need to all be in the same oly conf.

Posted Image

.....there will be another western division member."

You turds in Fresno may get lucky afterall.

http://wpc.31d2.edgecastcdn.net/8031D2/xxsportsl/common/global_audio/40/56796.mp3

I think your right. I have a feeling that Fresno and Boise will be the 11th & 12th team of the Big West.

"Everyone wants a hero...And Derek Carr, he's going to be a hero at times."

- Pat Hill

It very well could be AFA. But where would the Zoomies put olympic sports when there is no more WAC? Big Sky? Summit?

Adding AFA's Olys makes that conference even more stable as an Oly only conference. WAC football may be near death, but there are enough teams for it to survive as an Oly only conference.

Adding AFA's Olys makes that conference even more stable as an Oly only conference. WAC football may be near death, but there are enough teams for it to survive as an Oly only conference.

Any chance SDSU joins the WAC party when it becomes olympic only?

Who will still be in the WAC? Boise State, Seattle, Denver, AFA, UVU, CSU-Bakersfield? Apparently UT-Arlington is looking elsewhere and may have back-up options.

My source says Tulane or ECU. Southern Miss, Rice, & Tulsa have been told no.

I don't think ECU has a prayer. Tulane is interesting for the roadies to Nola alone.