Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stillhyphy

Was Peterson a product of Harsin, Yates, Wilcox and Moore?

This is either a troll or a really dumb topic. You aren't a bad coach based off one half

Actually the OP is right in a way.  Pete's best assistants kept leaving and he would only promote from within.  Over time that means your top assistants are just so-so.  Pete took a pretty bland pack of assistants to UW.  BSU's current crop are way better, given time to turn things around.

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

What's the employment status of all the past BSU coaches who jumped at the big time ?!?!

Hawkins is doing play by play on ESPN3

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Point being 3 BSU HC's made the jump to bigger programs...........none panned out for long at the college level.

Maybe there is something to BSU making the coach rather than the coach making BSU

Way too early to tell with TCP.

Point being 3 BSU HC's made the jump to bigger programs...........none panned out for long at the college level.

Maybe there is something to BSU making the coach rather than the coach making BSU

Valid point.  Not sure what happened with Koetter, that was a successful program before he took over if I recall.  Hawkins lost Pete with the move and went to a cellar dweller.  Egotistically thinking he was the chosen one to turn them around.  Nutt did a fair job at Arkansas..  he was in the business for a long time.  Longer than some, not as long as others.  He was just okay at BSU (5-6) and SEC.  I think Pete will struggle with the assistants he took.

bsu%252520mwc%252520logo.jpg

Valid point.  Not sure what happened with Koetter, that was a successful program before he took over if I recall.  Hawkins lost Pete with the move and went to a cellar dweller.  Egotistically thinking he was the chosen one to turn them around.  Nutt did a fair job at Arkansas..  he was in the business for a long time.  Longer than some, not as long as others.  He was just okay at BSU (5-6) and SEC.  I think Pete will struggle with the assistants he took.

One could argue that Nutt jumped before BSU was "BSU" - he just got a life jacket to a bigger ship & took it never knowing he was leaving a BSU about to blow up