Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loboblast

New Mexico vs UTEP Game Thread

GAME TIME: 5pm PST

TV: themwc.com

This is the 78th meeting between the schools with UNM holding a 43-31-3 advantage. Last time UTEP was in Abq was back in 2010 and beat that Locks "coached" team 38-20. 

OFFENSE

Looking forward to see how much Cole's passing has improved, it's his 3rd year running the option. UNM doesn't need him to throw 20-25 times a game. But more like around 10-15 times just enough to keep the defense guessing. I hope we see some nice passing today along with the usual 300yds rushing. 

DEFENSE

Davie finally has a full roster after being on scholly reductions the past 3 years. He went the JC route and loaded up on defensive linemen. UNM finally has much needed depth and size on the front 7. The defense was absolutely terrible last year so I expect a little improvement this year. Las year, a mediocre defense would have probably won 6 games for UNM. Davie says this year the D expects to play more aggressive and able to mix it up a little bit more. Last year it was a vanilla defense throughout. That's how much they were depleted. 

Last in year in El Paso UNM was without their starting QB Cole Gautsche but still managed to move the ball nicely. The game went to OT and UNM won on a thrilling 4&1 stop at the UNM 3yd line.Both teams should be improved but I think Bob Davie's pistol option is a little to much for UTEP. 

UNM 34-24

roflbot.jpg

There must be restrictions in the US because I couldn't get past the buffering.

I had an issue with the Wyoming game where I just saw the loading screen which had me wondering. It fixed itself eventually though

Ted Sunquist. . .From GM of one of the most valuable NFL franchises to calling online MWC football broadcasts between UTEP and UNM.

Still can't get off the field on 3rd and long. 

UTEP drives down the field like the 88-89 49ers. 7-0 UTEP. 

why cant i get it to play on the mw website

Working fine here. Try Chrome if not already your browser.

http://www.themwc.com/#!/watch-live#5372

why cant i get it to play on the mw website

what browser are you using? 

Make sure you have adblocks disabled. 

Anybody know why UTEP started at their own 5yd line?

Anyway, Lobos defense finally comes up with a nice stop and the offense starts with nice field position. 

roflbot.jpg

Cole goes 60 yards on the option 7-7.

God I wish this kid could throw a football even a little bit.