Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

2014 MWC NFL draftee/UDFA offseason/camp updates

This is so we don't have 10 billion different threads on each player. How are your guys doing?

Carr is running with the #2s in Oakland last I've seen.  Doing good except he's still transitioning back to working under center.  Two years in the shotgun doesn't get erased instantly.

Davante is looking really good out in Green Bay.  Getting praise for his route running, which was pretty much everyone's knock on him.

Of our UDFA's, Marcel Jensen (Jax) is probably the most likely to make a roster.  I honestly thought he would be drafted but that poor Senior bowl killed him. Burse looks good in Denver but they're pretty deep at WR. If he makes it it's because of his ST value.  Wentworth isn't doing much of note in Minnesota.

Smith is playing in the CFL as of now.  Not sure on any of the other guys.

A lot of our borderline guys end up in the CFL.  Last I heard 3 of our 2013 linebackers were up there (Okpalaugo, Brown, and Plummer).

I swear every time I watch a CFL game I see SDSU guys.

So let's see, Bitonio will start for Cleveland at LG (man did he fall into it), and he's Johnny Autograph's roommate.

Bitonio on the Radio: http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014/07/27/joel-bitonio-manziel-a-good-guy-and-part-of-the-team/

It looks like Brandon Wimberly was signed by Jax June 9th and cut 10 days later.

Do recent players (as opposed to just drafted) count? If so Rishard Matthews is battling to make the Dolphins roster again. With Brandon Gibson injured, it looks like Matthews has a good shot to be the #4/#3 guy behind Wallace and Hartline (rookie Jarvis Landry is his main competition).

A lot of our borderline guys end up in the CFL.  Last I heard 3 of our 2013 linebackers were up there (Okpalaugo, Brown, and Plummer).

Running the spread in college killed him.  He should have stayed one year under the proset and he might be a backup somewhere in the NFL.

Running the spread in college killed him.  He should have stayed one year under the proset and he might be a backup somewhere in the NFL.

Agree.  I couldn't believe he declared.