Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneMoreBeer

Preseason coaches poll released

Not hating on the PAC but UCLA is Waaaay overrated in that poll.

:stop:

UCLA went 10-3 last year (3 losses were all to ranked teams) and returns mucho talente. 

I think UCLA wins the P12 this year and might be in the final four.

2020, I believe. It's 6yrs on and 2yrs off.

Yeesh. Bad math. Four years on and two years off. So now we miss UW and Cal for the 2nd year. Next we miss the NW States for two years, then back to UO and Stanford. So that means 2017. Sorry for my previous fuzziness.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

Pack fans empathize with that feeling. Hopefully Wyoming has a better showing then we did against UCLA & Florida State.

I know. But facing one of the most explosive offenses in college football one week, and 2 weeks later one of the best defenses in college football is not going to be a fun thing. Especially in Bohl's first season with a guy who, at the best of times, was the 3rd string QB on the roster at our helm. You guys at least had Fajardo and his backup going into those games.

Wow

And that's with Idaho St, Fresno St and Washington St all at home. That's half your home schedule right there.

Yeah. The 2nd half of the home schedule is Oregon, USC and Arizona.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

Yeah. The 2nd half of the home schedule is Oregon, USC and Arizona.

Other than the $$$, I'm just now realizing what a score it was for

UU with the PAC invite. Lotta' fine teams coming to SLC on a regular

basis.

I know. But facing one of the most explosive offenses in college football one week, and 2 weeks later one of the best defenses in college football is not going to be a fun thing. Especially in Bohl's first season with a guy who, at the best of times, was the 3rd string QB on the roster at our helm. You guys at least had Fajardo and his backup going into those games.

We Fajardo for UCLA but not Florida state. We played half that game with the 3rd string QB. Either way it sucks your AD couldn't get you out of one of those games. Playing those teams in the first three weeks is a good way to derail a season.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Other than the $$$, I'm just now realizing what a score it was for

UU with the PAC invite. Lotta' fine teams coming to SLC on a regular

basis.

Yeah, don't the Utes get a full Pac-12 share this year?  Even if they get beat up with that schedule, they can salve the wounds with busload upon busload of hundies all 'round...

Others Receiving Votes (ranking the G5 votes)

Central Florida 102

Marshall 27

Brigham Young 18

Boise State 13

Louisiana-Lafayette 12

Cincinnati 6

Fresno State 4

Houston 2

Northern Illinois 1.

How ridiculous is Marshall on that list?

Seriously, talk about ludicrous...

Boise State OOC has them playing the 19th, 38th, and 40th ranked teams according to that. Decent but manageable.

If the MW actually shows up this year, then Boise State should have a strong enough schedule to absorb a loss while still having a shot at an access bowl.

Yeah, don't the Utes get a full Pac-12 share this year? Even if they get beat up with that schedule, they can salve the wounds with busload upon busload of hundies all 'round...

Yeah, but who cares?

MWC continues the path to irrelevancy. :(

I remember when we had schools who competed nationally and I had big coattails to surf.

We ever gonna crack this poll again? Our lead horse that we overpaid for has a new trainer, fairly unproven at that, and the rest of us are on a spectrum between "retirement home for washed up coaches," "finger up our anus" and "what's football?"

SharkTanked, on 31 Jul 2014 - 11:39 PM, said:

MWC continues the path to irrelevancy. :(

I remember when we had schools who competed nationally and I had big coattails to surf.

We ever gonna crack this poll again? Our lead horse that we overpaid for has a new trainer, fairly unproven at that, and the rest of us are on a spectrum between "retirement home for washed up coaches," "finger up our anus" and "what's football?"

What would you classify a highly successful FCS coach that has a winning record against FBS schools, comes from the Tom Osborne coaching tree at Nebraska (by default, the Bob Devaney coaching tree), and has a lot of experience as not only a coach, but a HC who is in his 50s?

What would you classify a highly successful FCS coach that has a winning record against FBS schools, comes from the Tom Osborne coaching tree at Nebraska (by default, the Bob Devaney coaching tree), and has a lot of experience as not only a coach, but a HC who is in his 50s?

Verdict is still out. I think he will do well for you guys though. I was taking more of a "where we fit in national college football" stance. Success may come and go for a team or two, but it is clear the door is shut. The question is who can bust it open?

Joe Glenn?

Yeah, don't the Utes get a full Pac-12 share this year? Even if they get beat up with that schedule, they can salve the wounds with busload upon busload of hundies all 'round...

I thought so. IIRC the vesting schedule was four years. Full distribution might be next year.