Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rebels18

UNLV Abandons Domed-Stadium Option

Negative.

Memphis was but they changed their name from "Memphis St" to just Memphis back in the late 90's.

Right now there are only 5 "city" state schools that play FBS. 

San Jose St

Boise St

Fresno ST

San Diego St

Kent St

The rest of the "city" schools reside at the FCS level. 

SUNY-Buffalo

Bowling Green St.

Ball St.

Louisville

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

The Hendo is defined by the struggle.

Actually, "Hollywood" Henderson would fit better.

As in the guy of whom it was said he couldn't spell "cat" if you spotted him the "c" and the "a."

Boom goes the dynamite.

I actually prefer bench seats more compared to some of the Pro individual plastic seats squeezed next to each other no elbow room and squished in between two large persons. When bench seats have empty spaces people tend to spread out more. Even when full seem to have more room. Take or rent a cushion if you can't hang.

fat people are people too.

Does "pig" reference your eating habits?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

SUNY-Buffalo

Bowling Green St.

Ball St.

Louisville

By "city" st school. I mean an FBS program that is named after the city it resides in. Followed by the "St" on their name. 

Buffalo does not use it. Neither does Louisville, Tulsa, Memphis, Cincy, Toledo or Akron.

Bowling Green uses the "St" in their name academically but not athletically. I don't know why. Maybe they and Memphis know something that Fresno and Boise don't??

roflbot.jpg

By "city" st school. I mean an FBS program that is named after the city it resides in. Followed by the "St" on their name.

Buffalo does not use it. Neither does Louisville, Tulsa, Memphis, Cincy, Toledo or Akron.

Bowling Green uses the "St" in their name academically but not athletically. I don't know why. Maybe they and Memphis know something that Fresno and Boise don't??

Why does the name of the school matter?

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

Why does the name of the school matter?

It doesn't, but "city" state school fans on this board take offense to it when I use that term. Also, that name always means they are not Flagship or Land Grand Universities within their states. 

Which....believe it or not...does carry a lot of weight when it comes to P5 expansion. That's what I choose to believe anyway. Some here believe that doesn't matter at all. 

You decide. 

roflbot.jpg

It doesn't, but "city" state school fans on this board take offense to it when I use that term. Also, that name always means they are not Flagship or Land Grand Universities within their states.

Which....believe it or not...does carry a lot of weight when it comes to P5 expansion. That's what I choose to believe anyway. Some here believe that doesn't matter at all.

You decide.

I'm gonna go with the other people on this one.

I can't speak for other cities but here in San Diego we have:

UC San Diego

San Diego State

University of San Diego

and even a San Diego City

so it helps to be specific when referring to the school you mean

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg

So it's mostly just a cosmetic, meaningless distinction...

Oh, and SUNY-Buffalo? It stands for State University of New York (at) Buffalo.

Kind of like California State University- Fresno, California State University- San Jose, etc...

So it's mostly just a cosmetic, meaningless distinction...

Tell that to P5 AD's and Commissioners. I would love to know why they degrade CS-Schools and BSU. 

Oh, and SUNY-Buffalo? It stands for State University of New York (at) Buffalo.

What does that school have to do with FBS "city" state schools I have mentioned? 

Kind of like California State University- Fresno, California State University- San Jose, etc...

Again, 2nd tier Cal St schools. Which is my point when being considered for P5 inclusion.

Yours? 

is USC a "directional" school? What about Northwestern?

Yes they are. Private ones at the P5 level. Not flagship or land grant institutions.

You're point? 

roflbot.jpg

Tell that to P5 AD's and Commissioners. I would love to know why they degrade CS-Schools and BSU. 

What does that school have to do with FBS "city" state schools I have mentioned? 

Yet they allow schools that are the same status, beyond the cosmetic nomenclature, to participate in the P5.

Well, let's see, it's a state university with a city in its name and an FBS football team. Other than that, marching bands, cheerleaders, students, GPA's, classes, labs, advisors, deans, student-athletes, fraternities, sororities, drinking, sex, parties- probably not much in common...