Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kid Jersey

NCAA Tournament games to be on CSTV and The Mtn.??

Now that CBS has complete control of CSTV and owns half of The Mtn., I wonder if they'd consider using these channels to broadcast NCAA Tournament games? Kinda like how NBC uses CNBC and MSNBC for Olympic broadcasts. What a great way for them to get more cable companies and satelite providers to pick up both CSTV and The Mtn. And what a great way to get "The Mtn." brand out there.

That's probably a long shot, but I'd like to see CBS rebrand the look of CSTV and The Mtn. to be closer to the CBS Sports feel (logos and on screen graphics). It would greatly enhance those channels' creditability if they had a CBS look.

Thank you.

Thank you

Its better than not being on TV at all. There is always 4 games going, but only 1 on TV. I doubt the Mountain, but could see CSTV hosting some games.

CSTV carried a pair of 1st round games last year. Maybe they'll do it again. I doubt the mtn. Remember that Comcast runs the mtn., not CBS.

DirecTV either pays CBS or the NCAA a lot of money for the out-of-market TV rights to games, not sure they would approve of the mtn. getting games while DirecTV is playing for exclusive Mega March Madness rights.

Some CBS affiliates do skirt around this. Affiliates in Indianapolis, Raleigh and some other markets present up to four games at once using their digital television signals since they can multicast four digital signals at once. The downside of this is that I don't believe they can present any games in HD because of bandwidth limitations.