Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robe

UNLV best 0-3 team in country

Lost to 3-0 Minn

Lost to 2-1 WSU

Could of should of won all 3 games.

UNLV has had a lot of bad breaks. Hauck has done a good job. Idiot UNLV fans wont give him a break. I will not be surprise to see them beat AF.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

They're still bad and don't have any good players

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

Lost to 3-0 Minn

Lost to 2-1 WSU

UNLV has had a lot of bad breaks. Hauck has done a good job. Idiot UNLV fans wont give him a break. I will not be surprise to see them beat AF.

We are usually good for one fluke win every year... So you might be right.

Having said that, who has WSU beaten? And Minnesota?

Also notice you omitted FCS NAU. You know, the team that lost 63-6 to power house ASU... Hauck's second consecutive home loss to an FCS team... "good job" lol

You should join rebel net. You'll fit right in!

Lost to 3-0 Minn

Lost to 2-1 WSU

LOL low football IQ alert! Two of the worst D1 teams in the nation and a team picked to finish 9th in the D2 Big Sky. The reality is that UNLV right now, is a bad D2 program. I think we will see evidence of this wen NAU gets their +++ kicked by Montana this Saturday. Our saving grace may be that UNM, CSU, Wyoming may be right there with us. So maybe we'll pull of another magical 2-win season to make Livengood happy.

When did 0-3 mean a coach is doing a good job?

Who cares if you almost won a game...but ya almost beating an fcs school is a great accomplishment.

Can't you see? The purpose of this thread was to make a certain fan base feel better about a game they had with a team UNLV played close. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Best 0-3 team in the country" is like saying my mom is the best Whore in our town. Is something to really be proud of? People need to get off of this "Moral Victory" pedestal. There is no such thing as a Moral Victory. In English...... It's still called "A LOSS". Air Force loss to michigan. Doesn't matter if it was 6 points or 60 points. Utah State lost to Wiskey. Doesn't matter the "What If's".

So; if we want to debate the "NEXT GAME", that's great. That's what we should be discussing. Now, does UNLV have a chance of beating Air Force this weekend? Yes. Everyone has a chance. Is it a likely chance? No, not really. Air Force runs the ball. They are #1 in the country, and this is not a fluke. They are always in the top running teams in the country. What this does for them, and really hurts UNLV, is kills the clock. Many teams can basically play a 2 minute offense numerous times per game and score. UNLV doesn't have that luxury. They have a high scoring of 27 points and need numerous attempts to score those points. Air Force and the clock don't allow you to have that many opportunities. If you want to beat air force, you have to maximize your opportunities when you get them. UNLV will not get a lot.

So while moral victories suck, we can learn from them. What Air Force learned from their loss to Michigan was that they can compete with any team in the country. They already knew this; but the players needed to see this and get their confidence up from all the people telling them they are too new. The defense has shown they can do it. They now believe it. What has UNLV learned? They've learned that they can ALMOST BEAT THE WORST TEAMS in their respective conferences. Minnesota and Washington State are usually at the bottom of their conference. Neither has had a winning season in the last 4 years. So they are ALMOST as good as the worst team in the PAC and Big-10. And they are ALMOST as good as an FCS Big Sky team.

Yes, UNLV has a chance. All teams have a chance. But I wouldn't put money on it.

27fb3675e6bf8bbd155cf063ad59994d.jpg

I think they are the worse team in the MWC right now along with Wyoming. The pokes have been the biggest appointment so far.

If anybody has seen UNM play so far believe it or not they are playing better than they have while Locks was the HC.

Inexperience and lack of depth vs BCS talent was the biggest difference in the Texas and TT games. Especially in the 2nd half.

Under Lock's teams the Lobos would constantly shoot themselves in the foot with fumbles and atrocious special teams play, All that plus lack of discipline.

roflbot.jpg

Lost to 3-0 Minn

Lost to 2-1 WSU

BS. UNLV is one of the worst teams in football. They lost to 3 bad teams at home. If Hauck shouldn't be held responsible who should?

I don't know whether Hauck is a bad coach or not, but at some point there has to be accountability for the results and he has dug himself into a very deep hole.

I think UNLV & Colorado should duke it out for the right to be the worst team in the nation!

I'd take UNLV by 3 touchdowns.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

When did 0-3 mean a coach is doing a good job?

Who cares if you almost won a game...but ya almost beating an fcs school is a great accomplishment.

I understand Hauck is really talking up moral victories now :blink:

At least the MWC isn't as bad as C-USA, with 5 winless teams to this point, including 2 that are headed to the nBE next season.

515px-Nevada_Wolf_Pack_Txt.svg.png

I understand Hauck is really talking up moral victories now :blink:

At least the MWC isn't as bad as C-USA, with 5 winless teams to this point, including 2 that are headed to the nBE next season.

Woooofff. Still our paycheck will be a hell of a lot better then in the mgoatWest

Woooofff. Still our paycheck will be a hell of a lot better then in the mgoatWest

Who are you debating that point with? I said 2 or the 5 winless teams in the C-USA are heading to the nBE next year. Seems you missed that point the first time around. You must have responded to the wrong person.

515px-Nevada_Wolf_Pack_Txt.svg.png