Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Thanks to Andrea, Marius, and the gang at the mtn.

THE network that covered my conference. They will be missed and I appreciated their insight into the games especially the breakdown of the FB games from the previous weeknd (even if it was a Sheep that did a great job)

I posted my memories earlier but, unlike a lot of posters I truly enjoyed the MTN. I have family ties with UNM, SDSU, Wyoming, and of course UNLV. To be able to watch almost every game from these schools was a lot of fun, especially sharing those with family. I for one will miss the MTN. I wish all the MTN staff the best.

Agreed. I think people will realize how spoiled we've been to have a channel dedicated to our league. Shame Comcast was too cheap to pay for some production values but I'd rather have it than not

This.

It is especially true for people living outside of the footprint of their respective MWC schools. Low definition and Marty Fletcher is better than an Internet radio feed or ESPN score-tracker.

Agreed. I think people will realize how spoiled we've been to have a channel dedicated to our league. Shame Comcast was too cheap to pay for some production values but I'd rather have it than not

This comment is spot on. Comcast is the anchor that the MWC was dragging.

" I believe that forgiving them is God's function.

OUR job is to arrange the meeting. " - General Schwarzkopf

Having the channel was great. We could see all of the games from the conference. PERFECT!

Not owning it outright was a HUGE mistake. SELLING OUR RIGHTS AWAY TO ANYONE IS A MISTAKE. MWC should invest their own money and own their OWN channel where all of our games are broadcast. you could still sell 1st Tier rights to CBS/Fox/NBC/ESPN or whoever is willing to do NATIONAL BROADCASTS. All other games should be MWC owned and shown on MWCTV. We should own all of our own rights and not sell games to anyone besides NATIONAL BROADCASTS.

The people who worked on the mtn. were TERRIBLE. Worst ever. I do not thank them. HORRIBLE productions and terrible jobs they did. I would turn off the sound and just try and watch the terrible picture on my HDTV.

The MWC must be smarter moving forward. KEEP OUR RIGHTS and start our OWN CHANNEL that we own. MWCTV!!!

Sell off the best games to NATIONAL BROADCASTERS, maybe on a year by year basis. Reward the schools whose games are picked up NATIONALLY, those who are not wanted Nationally should be hurt financially.

FULL INTERNET STREAMING, similiar to CBS Online Streaming or ESPN3. I personally like having the game delayed by 30 seconds so that you can get a clear picture while streaming/downloading over the net. Hire PROFESSIONALS to help build MWCTV Online Streaming!

OWN YOUR OWN PRODUCT. No contracts that are longer than THREE YEARS. I prefer year by year deals where we sell our first tier rights/games to the highest bidder. WHY LONG TERM DEALS??? THEY ARE NOT NEEDED. MAKE THOMPSON WORK for his money!

With what money or leverage could MW schools get their own channel. Even the Big Ten only owns half, and they have vast resources. MW schools are broke, and have less leverage every year to get a PAC 12 / Big Ten type contract

Follow me @VegasRebelFan

With what money or leverage could MW schools get their own channel. Even the Big Ten only owns half, and they have vast resources. MW schools are broke, and have less leverage every year to get a PAC 12 / Big Ten type contract

MWC/Alliance schools could buy an established TV network in (60+ million homes) for between $200 to $300 million dollars. You buy a channel and change the name to MWCTV or AllianceTV or whatever the hell you want to call it.

For 24 schools, they would each need to pitch in $12 million dollars and you would have an ESTABLISHED big time channel in 60+ million homes that we would OWN and CONTROL. Any schools that can't raise $12 million from alumni or from a loan from the bank, should not be included in the ALLIANCE. This $12 million dollar loan could easily be financed over 30 years which would not cost the Athletic Departments much money over the long haul. THEY WOULD MAKE MONEY, HAVE OWNERSHIP and a REASON TO WORK TO BETTER THE TV CHANNEL. We would own it and control it and would not have to sell our souls to anybody.

Best games could still be sold NATIONALLY to ESPN/CBS/NBC/FOX on a yearly basis per game based on the highest bidder. NO LONG TERM CONTRACTS.

MWC/Alliance schools could buy an established TV network in (60+ million homes) for between $200 to $300 million dollars.

For 24 schools, they would each need to pitch in $12 million dollars

I would like some of whatever you're smoking.

must be good stuff.