Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chad Sexington

Boise's Blue Turf...

Disagree.  Like Boise Fan said, any publicity is good publicity, at least in the eyes of Kustra.  If Boise was average, they'd still have the blue turf so at least someone would talk about them.  If anything, you'd have fewer fans defending that ugly rug.

You can't compare tradition with meaning to something that started as a gimmick.  Sorry.

Its only a gimmick if you're an old fuhck and you consider it something new that has come along. But its a tradition and has some meaning if it has been there since before you were born.

That blue rug was first installed in 1986, and is older than the players who play on it.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

Its only a gimmick if you're an old fuhck and you consider it something new that has come along. But its a tradition and has some meaning if it has been there since before you were born.

That blue rug was first installed in 1986, and is older than the players who play on it.

The sad part is BSU has a lower winning percentage after 1986 then before.

The blue rug may be in the head of simple minds like Sexington and Warbow but it has hurt BSU's winning percentage.

TBSUF...the force is strong in this thread.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

LOL. It's a gimmick because the sole purpose was to garner attention.  Nothing more.

No doubt it has become Boise's identity.  Ask your average college football fan what Boise State is known for, they'll say 'blue turf' and 'trick plays' before the winning tradition comes up.  I think they (you guys?) deserve better than that, but that's just me.

LOL. It's a gimmick because the sole purpose was to garner attention.  Nothing more.

No doubt it has become Boise's identity.  Ask your average college football fan what Boise State is known for, they'll say 'blue turf' and 'trick plays' before the winning tradition comes up.  I think they (you guys?) deserve better than that, but that's just me.

LOL and what exactly is Fresno State known for?

LOL and what exactly is Fresno State known for?

I would imagine your average fan would say 'Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime'.  I still hear broadcasters use that.  :shrug:

Not sure what that has to do with Boise though.

Seems like you're cool with the programs accomplishments being overshadowed by a gimmick. As long as someone is talking about you guys, right?

Kustra has stated that if getting into the PAC they have to change the field color, it would be done the next minute.

A million to one if....

bosalectaisright.thumb.png.d417647bfb450

I would imagine your average fan would say 'Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime'.  I still hear broadcasters use that.  :shrug:

Seems like you're cool with the programs accomplishments being overshadowed by a gimmick. As long as someone is talking about you guys, right?

Maybe in your mind it diminishes what we've done. People still have respect for our program and what it has done, blue turf or not. You are probably the only person/fan I've ever talked to that says the blue turf diminishes what we've done on the field. As if no one remembers what we've done because the turf is all that they can think about.

FWIW, I think the majority of college football fans think of the Oklahoma game when thinking about Boise State. Not the turf or trick plays. The only fans obsessed with our turf are MWC fans. No one else thinks much about it.

I would imagine your average fan would say Fresno is known for "losing to anyone anywhere, anytime".

Boise is more known for playing "anyone, anywhere, anytime", as the announcer of the Old Miss game stated several times.

Maybe in your mind it diminishes what we've done. People still have respect for our program and what it has done, blue turf or not.

The turf doesn't diminish anything in my mind. I never said that. I just think you guys are beyond gimmicks at this point, and the mock up of green turf looks great.

I would imagine your average fan would say Fresno is known for "losing to anyone anywhere, anytime".

Oh Tools, you're so witty.

So what? Think they say "1984 National Champs" whenever BYU's name comes up or remember that Boise State won the 1980 Division II national champoionship? I think not. What they do know is that when they see the blue turf on national televsion they know its Boise State.

It might also interest you to know that last week USAToday sports fans voted the Blue Turf as the #1 football field in the FBS so I guess that puts you in the minority.

"A donkey always says thank you with a kick." --– Kenyan Proverb

The turf doesn't diminish anything in my mind. I never said that. I just think you guys are beyond gimmicks at this point, and the mock up of green turf looks great.

I think green turf looks good too. I'm just realistic about getting it replaced with a green field. It is too entrenched in our fans heads  I like the blue field, never bothers me. I could also live with a green field. The blue turf has taken on a life of its own. Fans like it and it draws attention good or bad. So it will never go away. No matter how many opposing fans post online that they hate it.

Name one other team out there would change something just because opposing fans didn't like it. Miss. State has those annoying cowboys that no one likes, but they don't give two cents what anyone else thinks about it, because it has become part of their identity.

I think green turf looks good too. I'm just realistic about getting it replaced with a green field. It is too entrenched in our fans heads  I like the blue field, never bothers me. I could also live with a green field. The blue turf has taken on a life of its own. Fans like it and it draws attention good or bad. So it will never go away. No matter how many opposing fans post online that they hate it.

Name one other team out there would change something just because opposing fans didn't like it. Miss. State has those annoying cowboys that no one likes, but they don't give two cents what anyone else thinks about it, because it has become part of their identity.

No doubt it's part of your identity, and I won't speak for anyone else, but I would want you guys to change it because you admit it's bush league and gimmicky and you don't need it, not because I or any other opposing fan thinks it's ugly. I won't give up hope on you.

Anyway, I'm going home now, so in my best Mysfit voice: "I'm not going to change your mind, and you're not going to change my mind, so just drop it."

;)

Every time someone starts a message board thread about Boise's blue turf, the school is contractually obligated to keep it for another three years. True story.

Lol. Clever post.

San Jose State
Announced: 85,235
Scanned: 33,892
Percentage: 39.8%
Actual Attendance Per Game: 5,648