Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thespywhozaggedme

We could still make the access bowl

At this point I'm worried about making it into the conference championship game. If we don't do that this conversation doesn't mean much.

Huh? I already stipuilated that in my op. IF, we run the table and Marshall loses their conference champ game and ECU trips up somewhere, we're in. Three big "if's" obviously, but not out of the rhelm of possibility whatsoever.

So which SHOULD be most important -- winning a conference championship or having the best record against the strongest SOS?

How is it fair for a 2-loss MWC team to get in the access bowl only because it was "champion" of the MWC?

Or how about an 8-5 Wisconsin team going to the Rose Bowl?

These conference tie-ins are ridiculous, as are the inconsistent ways to determine the champ. Does anyone really think USU deserved to be in last year's MWC CCG ahead of Boysee?

On the other hand, if you go with straight record and SOS, then there is more subjectivity in deciding who gets to go. But at least it is arguably more meritorious in rewarding those who have challenged themselves with a strong schedule and still had a strong record. 

Your first mistake was equating cfb with "fair". lol

Huh? I already stipuilated that in my op. IF, we run the table and Marshall loses their conference champ game and ECU trips up somewhere, we're in. Three big "if's" obviously, but not out of the rhelm of possibility whatsoever.

I guess I don't spend much time thinking about it because I'm worried about not losing anymore games. He still have to play USU (even though they have another QB) and SDSU. I've been watching our team this year and we are very beatable, so I have other concerns.

Marshall's in if they don't lose, regardless of their puppy poop soft schedule. Highest ranked conference champ is the only criteria.

It is a selection from the committee and their rankings not the polls. next Tuesday is when we will see what their thoughts are to date.  Based on this I disagree that Marshall is a lock

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/about-the-rankings

Data

Selection Committee members will have a wealth of information including review of video, statistics and their own expertise to guide them in their deliberations. They will emphasize obvious factors like win-loss records, strength of schedule, conference championships won, head-to-head results and results against common opponents. The playoff group has retained SportSource Analytics to provide the data platform for the committee’s use. While the details of the platform have not been finalized, it is anticipated that it will include countless pieces of statistical information for every Football Bowl Subdivision team. It will also include general information such as each team’s opponents’ record and opponents’ opponents’ records. The platform will allow the committee members to compare and contrast every team on every level possible.

It should be noted that the committee will not use a single data point such as the Ratings Percentage Index (RPI) that is used for NCAA championships.

I guess I don't spend much time thinking about it because I'm worried about not losing anymore games. He still have to play USU (even though they have another QB) and SDSU. I've been watching our team this year and we are very beatable, so I have other concerns.

Don't worry. How you feel and what we write on a silly message board has no bearing whatsoever on how the team plays on the field. I promise. lol

Highest ranked conference champ gets in. If we run the table and win our conference and Marshall and ECU lose their championship games; we're in. It's that simple; well, obviously not, but as long as both of those teams lose somewhere along the way, it appears that way. Big "if" of course.

A 0-12 P5 team would be more deserving of an access bowl slot that the joke of a team a 12-0 G 5 team would be. The G5 should be playing for a spot in the FCS championships NOT the FBS championships.

I'm sure every P5 snob is pulling for Marshall because if they get in, they'll get their asses beat worse than NIU. And that would be a monster embarrassment for G5's at a time like this.

Vintage Marshall Guitar Amps: Very Good

A Marshall Access FB Team: Very Bad

Northern Illinois didn't get beaten that badly.  They played Florida State pretty evenly for three quarters.

Northern Illinois didn't get beaten that badly. They played Florida State pretty evenly for three quarters.

OK, I forgot the details. I guess it was the P5 pundits that were saying they got spanked. But also, plenty of games against a reasonable P5 are close starting the 4th, and part of being good is lasting when playing a tough team. of course, when you're playing someone much better than you, you try to shorten the game before your D gets broken down. But I realize how good FSU can be.

Here's the impression I had:

Florida State stymies Jordan Lynch, overwhelms Northern Illinois

http://espn.go.com/ncf/gamecast?gameId=330010052&version=mobile&src=desktop

kat.jpg

A 0-12 P5 team would be more deserving of an access bowl slot that the joke of a team a 12-0 G 5 team would be. The G5 should be playing for a spot in the FCS championships NOT the FBS championships.

1998 called and wants its elitist football fan cliche's back. You're very bad at being a troll, very bad.

1998 called and wants its elitist football fan cliche's back. You're very bad at being a troll, very bad.

The only redeeming quality a G5 team is good for, is it allows our second and third string players and walk-ons some valuable playing time often just after the first quarter. When P5 play P5 they are more evenly matched and rarely do the second and third string get play time.

The only redeeming quality a G5 team is good for, is it allows our second and third string players and walk-ons some valuable playing time often just after the first quarter. When P5 play P5 they are more evenly matched and rarely do the second and third string get play time.

So, TCU, BSU, and Utah before 2 of those left? (speaking of which, they're holding their own now, not to mention ranked unlike USC, which is just rank).

I see you are starting to see value in playing our teams. Guess we are good for something!

I honestly think it's pretty clear for the MW.

CSU needs to win out and get a Boise loss

Boise needs to win out and get a Marshall loss

The conference has 2 chances, good stuff!

I'm looking for clarification on this, but I really think you need to win your conf.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg