Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wyobraska

2014 Border War CSU-WYO Thread

This thread is far too tame.

yes Wyo senses the buttkicking that's coming and CSU fans don't want to kick them while there down. Most of us have tons of respect for one another. I look forward to when Wyo is competitive again.

yes Wyo senses the buttkicking that's coming and CSU fans don't want to kick them while there down. Most of us have tons of respect for one another. I look forward to when Wyo is competitive again.

Admirable, but I still say get rid of that lame trophy. A boot? Really?

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

Sheep week is always special.....Pokes remember last year and although undermanned nobody likes the empty hole where the boot belongs so the lambs are in for a tussle.....I can't say anything good about CSU without throwing up a little so in case anyone was wondering or had any doubts.....CSU SUCKS!!!!! Would love nothing more than hanging a second conference loss on them and keeping them out of the CCG!

It SUCKS to be a CSU Ram!

Sheep week is always special.....Pokes remember last year and although undermanned nobody likes the empty hole where the boot belongs so the lambs are in for a tussle.....I can't say anything good about CSU without throwing up a little so in case anyone was wondering or had any doubts.....CSU SUCKS!!!!! Would love nothing more than hanging a second conference loss on them and keeping them out of the CCG!

No boot for you

If you keep the boot again temporarily we'll deal with that just don't try and pawn off a cap gun like ther have in NV in place of a boot with longer history than their series.....we want the Boot!

This!  You can't have The Boot, but it is the trophy to want.

Actually, you will get it for just a little bit.  We're going to haul the thing all the way to Laramie so that your ROTC can run it back to CO.  Kind of like, "OK, we'll let you touch it, but you're going to earn every minute of it."  I speak with The Boot, and The Boot has told me that the run through Wyo is traumatic.  It feels as though it's been kidnapped and wants to be back home with Mama.  I told The Boot to relax, it get's another year with Mama.

This!  You can't have The Boot, but it is the trophy to want.

Actually, you will get it for just a little bit.  We're going to haul the thing all the way to Laramie so that your ROTC can run it back to CO.  Kind of like, "OK, we'll let you touch it, but you're going to earn every minute of it."  I speak with The Boot, and The Boot has told me that the run through Wyo is traumatic.  It feels as though it's been kidnapped and wants to be back home with Mama.  I told The Boot to relax, it get's another year with Mama.

Oh no! You're causing the boot to have Stockholm Syndrome for you! MONSTER! Only 1 year, and you've done that much psychological damage to it. It'll take 10 years of therapy back here where it's safe for the Boot to recover from this!

It was probably a good thing that CSU won the Boot back last year, I don't think anyone there even knew what the boot looked like and they had no idea what to do with it once they got it.  McElwain was like oh, we'll have to figure out somewhere to keep this.

We won by 30 last year in Laramie.  This wyo team is not as potent offensively as last years team and they are banged up.

With the rivalry aspect and the fact that they are pissed off at us is worth about 7 points but Stanard cancels out the 7 I just gave them so we win by at least 30.

You really think there will be time to beat us by 30? Wyo wants to drag out every drive and CSU wants to run on Wyo if at all possible. Given Wyo's patented "Two successful drives all game that combined eat up 20 minutes of clock" offense, I see more of a low 20s type scoring game even if it's a blowout. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I don't think CSU's defense is any better than SJSt,  nor do I think their QB is better.  Their running game is better and they have better receivers than SJ.  If Wyoming can play like they did against AF this game be close. 

I don't think CSU's defense is any better than SJSt, nor do I think their QB is better. Their running game is better and they have better receivers than SJ. If Wyoming can play like they did against AF this game be close.

The fact that your defense allowed Joe Gray to play at a level where you draw comparisons to Grayson should scare the living daylights out of you.

The fact that your defense allowed Joe Gray to play at a level where you draw comparisons to Grayson should scare the living daylights out of you.

Or the fact that Gray is much more athletic, has a higher completion percentage and thrown less ints than Grayson.  But Gray hasn't played in that many games yet so he could actually end up being a lot better. 

Gray is more mobile, but in reality that's the only way he leads Grayson. SJSU found themselves a good mid-MW QB to lead their team the rest of this year, but you won't find many people that support your claim he is a better QB than ours.

I could throw out any number of meaningful stats to support that, but I'll just give you QBR. Grays raw QBR of 69.2 gets adjusted down over 10pts to 58.8 (5th MW) based on the level of competition, whereas Grayson's raw of 68.2 gets adjusted up to 70.5 (1st MW) based on tougher competition.

Don't let a few silly stats fool you into thinking the QB you let complete 73% for 322/2/0 on your turf is on the same level as the one you face on the road Saturday.

If you look at the games that WYO has played, the teams that beat WYO didn't throw the ball that much and only two times (Montana & SJSU) did the QBs throw more than 40 passes in their game against WYO.  UO threw the ball 31 times and not all of them were Mariota throws.  UO had the third highest number of throws behind Montana & SJSU.

CSU is capable of lighting WYO's D in the passing game.

Guest Cowboy Junky

If you look at the games that WYO has played, the teams that beat WYO didn't throw the ball that much and only two times (Montana & SJSU) did the QBs throw more than 40 passes in their game against WYO.  UO threw the ball 31 times and not all of them were Mariota throws.  UO had the third highest number of throws behind Montana & SJSU.

CSU is capable of lighting WYO's D in the passing game.

My nephews Pop Warner team is capable of lighting up Wyoming's pass defense.