Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

CSU & Big12

Wait so it's not just Lofazz who thinks that?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I would really like to thank Jeremy Maus for pointing out that we're not going to do something that we thought we weren't going to do. WTF radio station was he on?

Look, just like every other MWC school, we are trying to position ourselves for a P5 invite.  That doesn't mean that we think we're getting one, it means we are investing in athletics and facilities to try and get ourselves to a level where we feel that we're that attractive.  It's more about the objective than the goal.  The goal is to be a P5 level athletic program, the objective is to be the best G5 athletic program in the country.  We are very far from one, we are light years from the other.  If we don't strive for both, we'll just become irrelevant.

If we ever become a top G5 program across the board, then we'll talk P5.  Until then it is a stretch goal to maintain some direction.

There is ZERO chance of CSU or ANY MWC team or BYU to be invited to a P5 conference, THE GAP IS HUGE AND INSURMOUNTABLE. The P5 will soon form a separate Division or BYU and the G5 will drop down to FCS.

Sincerely, CU, BC, and Wazzu

Posted Image

Didn't CU win a national championship, and BC and Wazzu have been in the top 10 in the past couple decades?

Based on that criteria....

Nevada, Hawaii, Fresno and Boise State are qualified for your "P5"

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Didn't CU win a national championship, and BC and Wazzu have been in the top 10 in the past couple decades?

And they all lost to a lowly MWC team in the last 12 months.  How does that happen?

Did anyone seriously think the Big 12 wanted CSU?

No. 

Did anyone seriously think the Big 12 wanted CSU?

No. 

I won't necessarily discount CSU ever going to the B12.  Colorado has a ton of folks from Kansas, OK and Texas and has 5M people. 

I don't think CSU is on the B12 list but in 5-10 years you never know.  I would say CSU to B12 is less far fetched than Utah going to the Pac was 10 years ago.

Wait so it's not just Lofazz who thinks that?

Scotty Garrard?

Went on a Colorado radio station to talk USU-CSU. They believe CSU is Big 12 bound. Marijuana messes with your brain kids. Just say no

This is the same SLC radio guy (USU fan) that was all over BYU's Sockgate, with unfounded rumor and speculation.

But looking at his picture, one can see how you would mention him in the same breath as LostFatAzz.

scottygjakescott_showtitle_520.png

Shredded!

You can't dismiss CSU & UNM moving up in the future at this point.  The others pretty much can expect to stay in the MWC at this point.  Does that mean CSU & UNM moves up?  Not necessarily but they are the two schools that clearly have the academic & research qualifications to join the Pac-12 or the Big 12 at this point.

The BigXII is not looking to expand in the near future, and by that I mean before 2020.

If it becomes necessary for them to expand before the current GOR expires, the B12 has made no secret that when it comes to expansion, they are interested in a travel partner (or two) for WVU, new markets and exposure in the Eastern time zone and/or recruiting areas in Florida as their top goals regarding expansion.

LBH45AqczF9hO5XyQxqE.jpg