Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Payton is the "Man"ning for NFL touchdown passes.

Ronnie with a nice little run in the game too.

Hillman looked good. Perfect elusive back who is small enough to disappear behind the tackles. Ball did not look thrilled. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

From my count, four players with MWC ties caught TD passes from Peyton Manning:

Austin Collie - BYU

Joel Dreessen - CSU

Marshall Faulk - SDSU

and, drum roll please...

Mitch Unrein - Wyoming

Manning played the right team last night in order to break the record.  Scratch that, make that the right DC.  Fangio never makes any adjustments to start the game.  Always rolls out his base 4-3 in a soft cover two, never blitzes or even sends a 5th guy.  His defensive philosophy is that if he can't get a rush on the QB with his 4 down guys, oh well, maybe we can make some adjustments after we're down by 3 TDs.  Just like in the SB.  Against a guy like Manning (or Flacco in the SB), that crap soft cover 2 defense is going to get devoured.  You simply can't let a good pocket passer sit back against a 4-man rush and give him all day to throw.  NinersNation is killing the DBs over this game, but they stood zero chance in this game, against Manning, with that flat out retarded defensive gameplan.  It was lined up perfectly for Peyton last night.  Fangio rolled over before the game even started.

its early but Denver looks unstoppable at this point.

They looked scary, didn't they? The killer instinct this year's D has is night and day from last year.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

That record is going to stand for a long time. Go Broncos.

I can't think of any current QB that has a chance of breaking it. 

From my count, four players with MWC ties caught TD passes from Peyton Manning:

Austin Collie - BYU

Joel Dreessen - CSU

Marshall Faulk - SDSU

and, drum roll please...

Mitch Unrein - Wyoming

Hank Baskett (New Mexico) was a MWC'er who caught TD passes from Manning & Farve - the only NFL player to do so.

I think Virgil Green has caught a TD pass, but it may have been preseason.

Brandon Marshall came close to picking Kap last night and sacked him too I think.

I think the Niners should let Crab walk after this year IMO. He's maybe the 4th WR with the way he's playing recently. Loved Stevie Johnson last night though. Boldin had some great catches too but that walk-in TD he dropped was a killer.

8k3esKz.png

Guest Cowboy Junky

That defense fits so well with their offense. The Broncos get up on you and then they release the hounds. Demarcus Ware and Von Miller are stacking up rediculous numbers this year.

Let's just hope we stay healthy.

That defense fits so well with their offense. The Broncos get up on you and then they release the hounds. Demarcus Ware and Von Miller are stacking up rediculous numbers this year.

Yeah I'd definitely say the Bronco's D has made the biggest leap from last year, especially without the missing pieces. Run D is legit and the pass rush can be scary.

Injuries are driving my insane as Niner fan right now. Oline is looking like the Eagles right now with how banged up it is. Not sure we even had a center on the roster after Farrel. Need to get Willis, Bowman, and Smith back asap if we want to win the division.

8k3esKz.png

It's taken a few weeks to get going, but it's doing a lot better than it was at the start of the year.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Guest Cowboy Junky

Andrew Luck in 15 years

It's going to take a combination of factors to even come close. Whomever breaks it is going to have to play a LONG carreer with few injuries on a prolific passing offense team. Peyton did that in Indy and with Denver.

If my Niners fall short, I always root for Peyton to win it all. The guy deserves it. The poster boy of the sport the last decade. I hope he wins a couple super bowls before he goes out.

I think the Niners even with Smith, Willis & Bowman in the lineup, it would of still been hard to get a win in Denver...

Related image