Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada @ BYU

Both teams are reeling right now and need to stop the bleeding.  A couple of weeks ago I was thinking this was going to be a "marquee" matchup with an undefeated BYU and a 5-1 Nevada.....obviously BSU, CSU, USU & UCF had different plans.  I still think this will be a good game but won't get nearly the hype it could have.  

I think BYU wins, pulling away late in the 4th something like 42-30.  I am looking forward to traveling to Provo and experiencing one of those legendary maple bars. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I had thought Nevada might be a one loss team by the time this game rolled around.  Pretty surprised by the 11 point spread in Vegas. 

I think Nevada wins.  BYU has shown no ability to defend anyone.  Going to be a shootout, 38-35 or something like that.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

You have one of best QB we will face.  We make bad QB's look like allstars.  Not sure what a good QB will look like against us. BYU's line and RB's are pounding people.  If you can stop the RB's you can beat us. My guess is we pound Nevada for 200 yds on the ground and pull out the win at home.  If you throw the deep ball like USU did you walk away with a road win.

Key matchups

Nevada's d-line versus the bruising running attack of BYU.

BYU's secondary against a good QB.

The Masters 5k road race All American.

I had thought Nevada might be a one loss team by the time this game rolled around. Pretty surprised by the 11 point spread in Vegas.

I think Nevada wins. BYU has shown no ability to defend anyone. Going to be a shootout, 38-35 or something like that.

I really would like to see the Pack pull out a W but Polian has not won a big road game yet. BYU had an extra 2 days off. Nevada is pretty deflated right now, two back to back heart breaking losses. We will see what happens.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I've watched most of BYU's games this year.  They've shown flashes of being a really good team.  

Guest #1Stunner

I think this will be a close game.

Our starting RB, Jamal Williams, may still be out, which hurts us. We have 6 other starters out too. Also, Nevada probably has the best QB we do everything all year. Nevada always plays us tough... Last time in Provo Kapernick schooled us.

If anyone wins this big, it will be Nevada, not BYU. If Nevada blows BYU out, the Nevada fans may be a captive audience for witnessing the BYU fans turn hostile on the refs and BYU coaching staff.

I think this will be a close game.

Our starting RB, Jamal Williams, may still be out, which hurts us. We have 6 other starters out too. Also, Nevada probably has the best QB we do everything all year. Nevada always plays us tough... Last time in Provo Kapernick schooled us.

If anyone wins this big, it will be Nevada, not BYU. If Nevada blows BYU, the Nevada fans may be a captive audience for witnessing the BYU fans turn hostile on the refs and BYU coaching staff.

I most certainly Nevada doesn't blow BYU..... :P

Guest #1Stunner

Nevada's OL is horrible. Nevada's d is going to wear out and BYU is going to win by at least two scores.

Dont worry. BYU's DLine can't get pressure on the QB. Our DLine made USU look like they have a talented OLine. AFA gave USU more pressure than BYU.

Nevada's OL is horrible. Nevada's d is going to wear out and BYU is going to win by at least two scores.

byu will be the most physical running team Nevada will play, with Jamal out we only run our fullbacks both 245 plus.  BYU is more physical than SDSU pounding running game.

Guest #1Stunner

byu will be the most physical running team Nevada will play, with Jamal out we only run our fullbacks both 245 plus.  BYU is more physical than SDSU pounding running game.

Agreed. There will he a lot of pineapple express RB game on Saturday. A heavy dose of Algie Brown and Paul Lasike.

Agreed. There will he a lot of pineapple express RB game on Saturday. A heavy dose of Algie Brown and Paul Lasike.

Fun to watch those 2 beat the hell out of the defense.  Neither one of them can hang onto the ball though.  I can see a couple of turnovers from them giving Nevada the win just like UCF game.

Haha! Damn this tablet!

BYU needs some Nevada love.

:lol:

add afro poke to the list, boise fan is getting close. wyovains byu* almost puts him on your list too his byu hatred is amazing.

Guest #1Stunner

add afro poke to the list, boise fan is getting close. wyovains byu* almost puts him on your list too his byu hatred is amazing.

Will do. Great suggestions. Thanks!