Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegas Ute

Rivals.com preview of TCU is up.

While BYU and Utah are garnering the most preseason attention in the Mountain West, it's not out of the question to think TCU can win the league. But the Frogs first must answer plenty of questions. Can Brown stay healthy for an entire season? Can Dalton avoid interceptions? Who's going to pressure the passer now that Blake and Ortiz are gone? All those questions prevent us from predicting a conference title for TCU, but a 9-4 or 10-3 record plus a fourth consecutive bowl victory are realistic possibilities.

LINK

I think there was too much hype for TCU last year when we had a freshman QB starting and all of the injuries didn't help. I completely concur that the question mark this year is Dalton. I think we really saw him progress over the course of the season and, if he can continue that progression, TCU can be in the running for MWC title. I would have to give the edge to BYU, but I think it could be a three horse race between BYU, Utah and TCU and the winner may be the team that has the fewest injuries.