Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpanaBaller

UNM's JR Giddens gets drafted in the NBA FIRST-ROUND!

By the Boston Celtics with the #30th pick!

As a FIRST-ROUND pick.....Jr will get the guaranteed contract and money that comes along with it! He earns all the success that he has worked for!

Congrats to him and a job well done and for representing the MWC as the sole pick for our conference!

NEW LOBO ORDER

spannaballernp1.gif

WE ARE NEW MEXICO

By the Boston Celtics with the #30th pick!

Guess who the guy is in charge of college scouting at Boston?

That's right- Austin Ainge.

#20 BYU 14, #3 Oklahoma 13

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#14 BYU 44, #16 Oregon State 20

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92

Guess who the guy is in charge of college scouting at Boston?

That's right- Austin Ainge.

From the articles I've read it sounds like Danny Ainge was the one high on JR.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Plastaid got drafted...but...in the second round. I thought their would be at least some debate as to whether or not he made a mistake leaving a year early.

nmstorm-siglitt-1.png

From the articles I've read it sounds like Danny Ainge was the one high on JR.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned that Plastaid got drafted...but...in the second round. I thought their would be at least some debate as to whether or not he made a mistake leaving a year early.

Not really much debate about it. Everyone from fans and the NBA guys believe Trent would have benefited from staying in college his final year. Trent, however, was ready to move on and understood he may not even have been drafted. You have to remember that Trent has been at BYU for 4 years (he redshirted his first year), graduated this srping, is married, and was ready to move on -- most likely to Europe where he will make a lot more than just barely making an NBA team.

I admit to being surprised by this, but Ainge is known for thinking outside the box. I thought high to mid second round myself. Hope all the best for JR and hope he can make the transition. He was fun to watch.