Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

Prepare yourselves for Ferguson verdict

A lot of rhetoric will be flying.  Announcement at 8pm CT

ETA: I suppose not a VERDICT.  Y'all non-lawyers know what I mean :P

LINKS

St. Lois County Police Scanner

Google Activity Map

SECRant Grand Jury Live Thread

SECRant recommended Twitters to follow
TWITTERS TO FOLLOW

Alderman Antonio French
@AntonioFrench

Operation Ferguson
@OpFerguson

Ryan J. Reilly
@ryanjreilly

I'd be interested to see how the right wing patriot teabaggers/oathkeepers who supported the armed militia insurgence against the federal govt in the Bundy situation, feel about the rights of these 'darker' citizens to exercise a similar solution to uphold their own constitutional rights against the government who they feel is opressing them.  Would they support the Black Gorilla Family, Crips, Bloods, Peoples, Folks or Mexican Mafia in their armed quest against what they feel is government oppression or breaches of the constitution? 

Objectively speaking, both sides' gripes are not that far apart, it all has to do with gov't overreach and oppression, so you'd think these white 'patriots' who showed up for Bundy with AR15s in hand would show up in similar fashion to support everyone and anyone who has a legit gripe against the gov't they say they hate so much.  Oh wait, no?  What possible reason could there be?  LOL.  Also, let's all notice the difference between the gov't response in Ferguson (national guard, riot police) vs. Bunkerville (no national guard, no riot police, no force).  I don't see anyone in Ferguson taking up sniper positions yet.  So what could it possibly be?

I'd be interested to see how the right wing patriot teabaggers/oathkeepers who supported the armed militia insurgence against the federal govt in the Bundy situation, feel about the rights of these 'darker' citizens to exercise a similar solution to uphold their own constitutional rights against the government who they feel is opressing them.  Would they support the Black Gorilla Family, Crips, Bloods, Peoples, Folks or Mexican Mafia in their armed quest against what they feel is government oppression or breaches of the constitution? 

Objectively speaking, both sides' gripes are not that far apart, it all has to do with gov't overreach and oppression, so you'd think these white 'patriots' who showed up for Bundy with AR15s in hand would show up to support everyone and anyone who has a legit gripe against the gov't they say they hate so much.  Oh wait, no?  What possible reason could there be?  LOL.

I find it funny that you think the situations are remotely similar.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Objectively speaking, both sides' gripes are not that far apart, it all has to do with gov't overreach and oppression, so you'd think these white 'patriots' who showed up for Bundy with AR15s in hand would show up in similar fashion to support everyone and anyone who has a legit gripe against the gov't they say they hate so much.  Oh wait, no?  What possible reason could there be?  LOL.  Also, let's all notice the difference between the gov't response in Ferguson (national guard, riot police) vs. Bunkerville (no national guard, no riot police, no force).  I don't see anyone in Ferguson taking up sniper positions yet.  So what could it possibly be?

Not to defend the Bundy folks because I think Bundy is a criminal, but did their protest destroy anyone's property? 

I'd be interested to see how the right wing patriot teabaggers/oathkeepers who supported the armed militia insurgence against the federal govt in the Bundy situation, feel about the rights of these 'darker' citizens to exercise a similar solution to uphold their own constitutional rights against the government who they feel is opressing them. Would they support the Black Gorilla Family, Crips, Bloods, Peoples, Folks or Mexican Mafia in their armed quest against what they feel is government oppression or breaches of the constitution?

Objectively speaking, both sides' gripes are not that far apart, it all has to do with gov't overreach and oppression, so you'd think these white 'patriots' who showed up for Bundy with AR15s in hand would show up in similar fashion to support everyone and anyone who has a legit gripe against the gov't they say they hate so much. Oh wait, no? What possible reason could there be? LOL. Also, let's all notice the difference between the gov't response in Ferguson (national guard, riot police) vs. Bunkerville (no national guard, no riot police, no force). I don't see anyone in Ferguson taking up sniper positions yet. So what could it possibly be?

Were Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton in Nevada to support Bundy? See how this works numbnuts. LOL

By the way, I don't blame the Black community for being pissed. I don't trust the militarized police state either and I think we all know, whether intentional or not, racial profiling exists.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Were Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton in Nevada to support Bundy? See how this works numbnuts. LOL

By the way, I don't blame the Black community for being pissed. I don't trust the militarized police state either and I think we all know, whether intentional or not, racial profiling exists.

I don't blame them either. But Brown was just another thug. That should factor in too. But it doesn't. If Wilson was black there wouldn't be a problem.

This is beyond a simple police shooting. The battle lines were drawn before the facts were known. The Feds reacted too soon and seemed to pre-judge the event.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

I don't blame them either. But Brown was just another thug. That should factor in too. But it doesn't. If Wilson was black there wouldn't be a problem.

This is beyond a simple police shooting. The battle lines were drawn before the facts were known. The Feds reacted too soon and seemed to pre-judge the event.

I think everyone has pre-judged this one to be honest. 

I'd be interested to see how the right wing patriot teabaggers/oathkeepers who supported the armed militia insurgence against the federal govt in the Bundy situation, feel about the rights of these 'darker' citizens to exercise a similar solution to uphold their own constitutional rights against the government who they feel is opressing them. Would they support the Black Gorilla Family, Crips, Bloods, Peoples, Folks or Mexican Mafia in their armed quest against what they feel is government oppression or breaches of the constitution?

Objectively speaking, both sides' gripes are not that far apart, it all has to do with gov't overreach and oppression, so you'd think these white 'patriots' who showed up for Bundy with AR15s in hand would show up in similar fashion to support everyone and anyone who has a legit gripe against the gov't they say they hate so much. Oh wait, no? What possible reason could there be? LOL. Also, let's all notice the difference between the gov't response in Ferguson (national guard, riot police) vs. Bunkerville (no national guard, no riot police, no force). I don't see anyone in Ferguson taking up sniper positions yet. So what could it possibly be?

can you tell us why we should support riots and looting?

I think everyone has pre-judged this one to be honest.

It looks that way. And sadly, a lot of people get so vested in their opinion, the facts take a back seat to the politics involved. This thing lined up along party lines right after it happened. No one had the facts but that didn't stop them from being certain what happened and what should be done about it.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

The evidence presented (from what I've read at least) is that Officer Wilson acted appropriately and was attacked. But I haven't seen ever piece of evidence and I don't know what the Grand Jury will decide.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I don't support violence from either group or side, but fully endorse a peaceful protest. Surprised the groups in this story that as you say have a "gripe...with gov't overreach and oppression", continue to blindly support the party of more gov't oversight and gov't overreach. Hell at least the Bundy's were voting for smaller gov't while complaining about the gov't. 

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

Also, let's all notice the difference between the gov't response in Ferguson (national guard, riot police) vs. Bunkerville (no national guard, no riot police, no force).  I don't see anyone in Ferguson taking up sniper positions yet.  So what could it possibly be?

Could be because there weren't scenes like this in Bunkerville of small business owners losing their life's work and businesses to criminals...Do you not think the National Guard and Police should defend the small business owners of America? If this was your business, would you not call the Police, or do you think these thugs have a right to loot and destroy these businesses?

rioting-ferguson.jpg

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."