Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

WHO'S EXCITED FOR ANOTHER YEAR OF SJSU BASKETBALL?????

And, for the MW historians the Spartans got their first win in the MWC over Nevada.

Did it feel like this Mug?

200.gif

It did. But I'm sure getting swept by the team that gave SJSU their first basketball loss feels the same.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

You got that right. But it was more like this:

200.gif

That can't be real....can it?

I imagine that's how Rebel fans felt last year. But the good news is all will be rectified this year. The cannon will return to it's rightful home in Legacy Hall and you guys will kick our ass in basketball.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Looks like the band and a couple of other people will be ready…...

0.jpg

They count butts in seats.

This was actually a sell out based off tickets given away.

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

No worries Rofl.  Conversing with Maytard can do that to you.

Gotta love how he tries to flame you by implying you don't know the schedule which then only proved he didn't know the SJSU schedule.  Classic Maytard fail.  

Gotta love how he tries to flame you by implying you don't know the schedule which then only proved he didn't know the SJSU schedule.  Classic Maytard fail.  

Maytard….

2cy0js9.jpg

Got to be excited for another David Carter year of basketball. Go Pack..

Oh yippee.....

You guys ready? Woo!

decq9.jpg

Yeah, I feel sorry for you guys.  Being stuck in the same conference with us loser Spartans.  I just hope you get a movement started to get us thrown out of the league.  You deserve better than being associated with us.  Good luck with your Spartan Removal" efforts.  I'll pray for you and hope you don't suffer too much.

In what will probably be a futile attempt to make this an actual conversation, Spartan basketball should be much improved this season. That may not be saying too much because of how tough they had it last year, but progress is much better than a plateau. There's a lot more length on the floor, a couple interesting transfers come in (F Frank Rogers from USF and All-WCC honorable mention G Jordan Baker), and the freshman who were leaned so heavily on last year have that valuable first year experience under their belts.

Shambles barely begins to describe the state of the program when Wojcik took over last year. It'll be a few year project, but Wojcik, whose shown great recruiting skills, should start churning out results soon. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say 4 conference wins is doable. Again, expecting just a step or two forward, not a leap to the top of the pile just yet. 

In what will probably be a futile attempt to make this an actual conversation, Spartan basketball should be much improved this season. That may not be saying too much because of how tough they had it last year, but progress is much better than a plateau. There's a lot more length on the floor, a couple interesting transfers come in (F Frank Rogers from USF and All-WCC honorable mention G Jordan Baker), and the freshman who were leaned so heavily on last year have that valuable first year experience under their belts.

Shambles barely begins to describe the state of the program when Wojcik took over last year. It'll be a few year project, but Wojcik, whose shown great recruiting skills, should start churning out results soon. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say 4 conference wins is doable. Again, expecting just a step or two forward, not a leap to the top of the pile just yet.

I'm super excited now. 4 wins?? Just, wow. Going to be a great year for SJSU... I feel it.

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg