Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IanforHeisman

USU QB Garretson having surgery

They'll still make a bowl game.. But I think their shot at a MWC title is over. We played the 3rd string QB last year and he sucked.

Garrison could be back for our game with them. The article I read hasn't said he's out for the season. Of course, if they lose a couple games between now and then, you're right.

The rumor on the USU board is that he's definitely out for the year even though USU's medical staff hasn't acknowledged that yet. Craig Harrison (who started the BSU game last year) has been named the starter against UNLV, but he hasn't been impressive in the past to put it very mildly. I think the plan is to see if Harrison is serviceable against UNLV and burn the redshirt on Kent Myers (currently a RS freshman) if Harrison continues to struggle. The consensus seems to be that Myers has more upside but he obviously lacks experience. So I don't think our season is doomed; I expect we'll still be bowl eligible barring catastrophe. But it would take a minor miracle for us to contend for a conference title at this point. (We're out of the running for the conference title anyway unless CSU trips up somewhere.)

Guest #1Stunner

The rumor on the USU board is that he's definitely out for the year even though USU's medical staff hasn't acknowledged that yet. Craig Harrison (who started the BSU game last year) has been named the starter against UNLV, but he hasn't been impressive in the past to put it very mildly. I think the plan is to see if Harrison is serviceable against UNLV and burn the redshirt on Kent Myers (currently a RS freshman) if Harrison continues to struggle. The consensus seems to be that Myers has more upside but he obviously lacks experience. So I don't think our season is doomed; I expect we'll still be bowl eligible barring catastrophe. But it would take a minor miracle for us to contend for a conference title at this point. (We're out of the running for the conference title anyway unless CSU trips up somewhere.)

This is an honest question...not an attempt at trolling.

Does DJ Nelson have any running ability, similar to Riley?

Maybe you could use DJ Nelson in certain situations, to be a running / passing threat.  Not as the full time starter, but in limited situations.  From what I recall of Harrison, he was slower than molasses, and wasn't even on scholarship at Snow College (was a walkon at Snow).

Why are the coaches so determined to have Myers keep his redshirt?

Ah, I guess I should have read the article. Selfishly I was hoping he was out for our game.

Boy have times changed, Boise fans looking for injuries from opposing teams to have a chance to win..lol  

Guest #1Stunner

Boy have times changed, Boise fans looking for injuries from opposing teams to have a chance to win..lol  

Are you a Fresno fan?  

Your avatar picture makes me laugh...  Sure, it appears to be a little obsessed with Boise, but it is still sort of funny.

Myers High School stats in Dallas. . .

Passing 228/301, 3331 yds .724% 15.3 YPC, 302 YPG, 41 TDs, 4 INTs

Rushing 76 carries, 569 yds, 7.5 YPC, 51 YPG, 10 TDS

His high school film is very reminiscent of Chuckie, but probably a better passer.

Guest #1Stunner

Myers High School stats in Dallas. . .

Passing 228/301, 3331 yds .724% 15.3 YPC, 302 YPG, 41 TDs, 4 INTs

Rushing 76 carries, 569 yds, 7.5 YPC, 51 YPG, 10 TDS

His high school film is very reminiscent of Chuckie, but probably a better passer.

Reminds me of Riley Nelson's stats