Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pioneer

ND to ACC

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/sources-notre-dame-football-acc

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

no big surprise there. thought they might go Big 12 though.

Simply put the BE is the old grey mare

now that ND is off the table the Big 12 can decide and move forward with or without Louisville and team X

This wasn't completely unexpected. ND had a similar deal with the BE and never honored it (on the FB side). Wonder if they'll actually schedule ACC teams as they are suggesting. Can't really see it happening with their regular lineup.

Shouldn't affect the FB side of the media negotiations. Will have a small bump on the BB side.

Real betrayal of the NE BB schools though. They have to be pretty pissed right now.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

This wasn't completely unexpected. ND had a similar deal with the BE and never honored it (on the FB side). Wonder if they'll actually schedule ACC teams as they are suggesting. Can't really see it happening with their regular lineup.

Shouldn't affect the FB side of the media negotiations. Will have a small bump on the BB side.

Real betrayal of the NE BB schools though. They have to be pretty pissed right now.

Don't they already play 3-4 ACC teams a year anyways?

No doubt. I wonder if this will finally bring the full on split from the basketball schools?

Assuming the article is correct we will find out the tv value of Big East basketball without N.D. That's got to be a bit of a body blow right when the tv contract is up for renewal. Plus who knows the tv value if the ACC decided to take UCONN and the Big 12 Louisville?

No doubt. I wonder if this will finally bring the full on split from the basketball schools?

I don't think so. The Big East is now the second best basketball conference in the country. Temple, Memphis, Louisville, UCONN, and Cincinatti are 5 of the top teams, the Catholic schools need them. A split would surprise me.

I don't think so. The Big East is now the second best basketball conference in the country. Temple, Memphis, Louisville, UCONN, and Cincinatti are 5 of the top teams, the Catholic schools need them. A split would surprise me.

Do those schools need the catholic schools was my question...

Assuming the article is correct we will find out the tv value of Big East basketball without N.D. That's got to be a bit of a body blow right when the tv contract is up for renewal. Plus who knows the tv value if the ACC decided to take UCONN and the Big 12 Louisville?

I doubt this will start another round of shuffling on the FB side. ND FB will remain indy. They don't want to join anybody or they would have already. Doubt ACC will invite UConn either.

Does the BE take a hit? Sure. And the timing is a real slap in the face. But there you have it. Some of you will no doubt be elated.

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism