Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogs4Me

Official TV Deal Excuse Thread For bsu & suds Fans...

...you're welcome.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

i may be wrong on this but the Tv deal comes as a cluster, based off of football, basketball and OLY sports. So every time a team leaves doesnt it lesser the value overall? Programs and tv networks pay based off of who is in the league. When you have smaller schools staying put with the bigger names leaving it lessens the value of superiority in the conference overall. ND was really king of the BE. And with the amount of money they brought in through basketball. It hurts to have them leave. I think the new tv contract is going to take a major dent because of the uncertainty of the reamining BE schools. Louisville wants out more than ever now and UCONN may be a 16th member for the ACC. This is going to get really interesting again!!!

But if Uconn and Louisville leave that would take rest of the programs capable of getting a bigger paycheck. CUSA and the MWC still didn't garner the big bucks with Boise St, SDSU, Houston, SMU, Central Florida or Memphis. How are they going to get them now?

Yeh... Except that ND was bball only and football draws the bulk of the revenue. Not that big of a dent.

Yes...but perhaps the move tells us more about the perceived value of the BE, and how the ND brand no longer cares to be associated it. I have no clue if it will affect the bottom line on the TV deal, but I think you'd rather have their brand associated with the BE than not.

Yes...but perhaps the move tells us more about the perceived value of the BE, and how the ND brand no longer cares to be associated it. I have no clue if it will affect the bottom line on the TV deal, but I think you'd rather have their brand associated with the BE than not.

I agree with this to an extent but ND leaving will only affect the TV contract value to the extent that it affects the basketball side of its value. The value of the football product will be unchanged and thankfully that makes up the lions share of contract value.

Yeh... Except that ND was bball only and football draws the bulk of the revenue. Not that big of a dent.

How much are NDs olys worth without the football? How much did ND football contribute to the BE football TV contract? Thats your answer.

Posted Image

sl_mo_breaking.png

CSU AD Jack Graham - “If you get outside our borders, no one knows who we are. I was in Phoenix (last week) for the Mountain West meetings and there was a reception with all of the athletic directors. The bartender said to me, ‘Colorado State, where are you guys, Boulder?’ I’ve gotten that all my career. No one knows us outside our own boundaries."

You are right. ND was to associated with a power conference and the BE isn't that anymore. The in effect will lower the TV deal. Like or not, ND had some sway in the value of BE football, regardless is they played 0 or 3 BE teams a year. Now the ACC get 5 games with ND. They is very good for the ACC.

How much are NDs olys worth without the football? How much did ND football contribute to the BE football TV contract? Thats your answer.

Is it? I think that remains unknown. We'll see...I am not predicting doom and gloom at all, but it's not unreasonable to think that losing the ND association has an effect on the overall value of the conference. Kinda sad right now on ESPN radio the conversation is essentially that the move for ND is revenue neutral so it's being portrayed as about getting off the sinking ship or the away from the 'conference that's blowing up before their eyes' ...the ND move highlights this perception...and as crazy as that is, such talk is not helpful to valuation....that's what I mean about the unknown.

Or maybe it's something less earth shattering. As the Houston fan mentioned in another thread, it could be related to granting rights, something the BE would be foolish not to consider.

Of course it could be any number of reasons. Wild speculation is what message boards are all about!

51t4uwlffaL._SL160_SS150_.jpg324804241_0b7c67b2af_m.jpg

BCS is to Football what Fox News is to Journalism

You are right. ND was to associated with a power conference and the BE isn't that anymore. The in effect will lower the TV deal. Like or not, ND had some sway in the value of BE football, regardless is they played 0 or 3 BE teams a year. Now the ACC get 5 games with ND. They is very good for the ACC.

Ah $hit... The guy with the 3rd grade grammar skills is right. ABANDON ALL HOPE!!! MWC Tex telled us we were screwed because he is wiserer than all of we.

You simpletons are severely underestimating the value that Notre Dame could've brought to the Big East TV negotiations here. Like the ACC will do, the Big East could've negotiated a TV contract with the stipulation that Notre Dame schedule 4-5 Big East football games a year. That's not a dent....that's a head-on collision.

You simpletons are severely underestimating the value that Notre Dame could've brought to the Big East TV negotiations here. Like the ACC will do, the Big East could've negotiated a TV contract with the stipulation that Notre Dame schedule 4-5 Big East football games a year. That's not a dent....that's a head-on collision.

It was my understanding that ND football games had their own TV deal on NBC. It may or may not alter the football contract but I tend to think not that much because they were not a part of it in any way shape or form.

Posted Image

Or maybe it's something less earth shattering. As the Houston fan mentioned in another thread, it could be related to granting rights, something the BE would be foolish not to consider.

Of course it could be any number of reasons. Wild speculation is what message boards are all about!

Maybe, but unless and until UCONN, UL, Rutgers, etc., are told they don't have snowball's chance in hell of getting an invite to the ACC, BIG, or the Big 12 for at least 10 years or whatever the GOR duration will be, or the new K is worth the equivalent of at least the ACC amount, I just don't see a GOR being palatable across the board. Do you? Honestly? My reasoning is essentially why would you sign if you're outside the Big 5 (absent Big 5 money)?

It was my understanding that ND football games had their own TV deal on NBC. It may or may not alter the football contract but I tend to think not that much because they were not a part of it in any way shape or form.

The ACC wouldn't be going back to renew their TV contract if there was no effect. They've obviously got something worked out and it'll be interesting to see how they get it sorted out with the networks.