Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

East Coast Aztec

Gameday Thread

Morning MWers coffeecomputer.gif

It's another day, another set of games, and the MWC shapes up even further.  We have already seen Boise put away BYU.  If you didn't watch the game, just notice the increase of Boise poster activity in the last 12 hours. 

I keed Boise, I live with a bunch of BSU fans as a lone Aztec fan.  I hear worse.

With Boise winning, the onus is on CSU to get the job done to get to the promised land.  Think about this: If both win out, CSU would not get into the Access Bowl contention, since they would not even get to the CCG.  CSU is going to have to live vicariously through Boise's opposition, so Lofasszz, prepare those kneepads, you are going to have extra duty from here on out.

But this is not to say CSU is done,  and this week marks the Border War, where the ag school faces the Cowboys.  I would say kick the shite off your boots before entering Hughes, but honestly, who would I tell it to, and would it make a difference anyways?   Wyoming's defense is going to have its hands full with a stout, balanced attack, and they will need to get their offense clicking to get a win.  But  we all know the unpredictability of a rivalry game.

San Jose State takes on the triple option attack of Navy in a game that I pegged as winnable and got laughed at earlier this.  For good reason, on paper.  This is starting to look a little closer to my pick, as Navy has lost some close ones.  Don't be fooled Spartans, they may be nautical but they are on the ground more than Big Red One.  Diligent defense can win the day for Sparty.

UNLV takes on the QB question mark of USU.  USU's season is far from over, but they are again going to have to lean on the defense.  Can Decker take advantage, and knock off both division champs of the year prior, in the same year?

Nevada takes the vacation to Hawaii in the late night tilt.  Fajardo and Co. have gone through a tough portion of their schedule, belying their talent based on record.  Unfortunately, the islands are a little  schedule monster.

Outside of the MWC, the focus is back in Death Valley, as the stiff defense of Ole Miss heads into Baton Rouge.  I think LSU takes it, but Ole Miss has definitely impressed me, and they can easily win as well.  Michigan takes it carcass into Spartan Stadium to try and spoil the season for Dantonio, but the Big Ten matchup to watch is Penn State and Ohio State.  Bucky is playing well since that disappointment against VT, will it be enough to take out Hack n Sack in Happy Valley?  Third Saturday in October brings on what used to be a championship-defining rivalry with Bama-Tennessee, now it's a lopsided beating, and I don't see this stopping.  Utah gets a visit from USC in an important game for Utah.  Can they keep the magic going against the condom? And Marshall gets another likely win, as FAU should provide little resistance.

As for me, I will be streaming UNC vs UVA, a rivalry that is older  than some MWC schools, and is the South's Oldest Rivalry, and then trying to catch games while wine cellar hopping (no, not my idea). 

Carolina gear is on, flags are posted, wine cellars better serve beer.  My body is ready. Iconusaflagsmiley.gif

Fresno bye week... sporting my Carolina blue around the triangle while I get my shit moved to my new place and a storage unit. Listening to the game on my phone while I get all this crap done.

ive got UNC-UVA muted on the tv while our game is playing on the radio. looks to be a real good contest from what ive got to see.

<p><strong>"Just get rid of SJSU.... </strong><strong>SJSU is just Stanislaus State with more Asians..."</strong> Joe from Wy 6/26/2014</p>

<p><strong>"I'd much rather hang with the gays" </strong>Babigos 7/17/2014</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>

so Oklahoma St. is suing New Mexico St. regarding the mascot / logo, then go with the cowboy/bucking horse on their helmets for this game?

looks like Wyoming but in orange

I'm pretty sure that is straight up McNeese States logo. We got into it with OK St a few years back over the same logo they went after NMSU for I believe as well.

For people in my part of the world

the TCU vs texas tech game has been moved from ch2 to ch36 b/c of all the Guaysball BS.

<p><strong>"Just get rid of SJSU.... </strong><strong>SJSU is just Stanislaus State with more Asians..."</strong> Joe from Wy 6/26/2014</p>

<p><strong>"I'd much rather hang with the gays" </strong>Babigos 7/17/2014</p>

<p> </p>

<p>

</p>