Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCA

San Jose State at San Diego State

This should be a tight game down to the last few minutes. I don't think SJSU's performance against Stanford was a fluke or can be dismissed as being a result of Stanford's players looking past what they thought would an easy W. There is a confidence in how the Spartans are playing and SDSU is going to have their hands full. I am going with the Spartans to win a close one by a TD.

Mike

Two pretty evenly matched teams with SJSU maybe SLIGHTLY better. Home field will balance that out. If both play to their potential it will be a great game.

I say our coach is way more pissed at his defense than yours is with his, so we should have more focus. It's the defense that'll win this game. Count on it.

I say our coach is way more pissed at his defense than yours is with his, so we should have more focus. It's the defense that'll win this game. Count on it.

It will come down to Katz vs our secondary and Fales vs yours. Whoever wins those matchups will win the game, because there will not be much running room for either team.

But the Spartans defense has been very good so far.. They are focused obviously

SDSU has the much better team, and the defense will actually show up this week, easy win by 3 scores.

Not sure how you can say a team that beats an FCS team 49-41 at home is "much better" than a team who lost 20-17 on the road (admittedly only 20 miles "up the road") to a highly ranked Pac-12 opponent that just beat U$C.

I'm not claiming SJSU is the better team; I like this matchup a lot and I see it as pretty even. I just see no evidence for your "much better" claim. I think it will be a lot of fun.

SJSU is a good team, but let's not go crown them yet on the road against a team that while far from great, isn't too bad itself. While it's trendy to give the Spartans the edge this week, I think people are vastly underestimating the SDSU running game (Muema and Kazee 1-2 punch), a quickly gelling offensive line, and a pass catching core chalk full of talent including a near unstoppable tight end for intermediate (and long distance) damage and athletic deep threats that can pick apart the secondary. My point is, it is a grave mistake to quickly assume this is a secondary vs. seconday bottom line on this game. SDSU's ability to run the ball with authority, control T.O.P., and then deploy some play action deep stuff on SJSU is what will win this game for the Aztecs.

Defensively, we had some issues last week, but I don't see a 41 spot being dropped this go around. The proof will be Saturday, but I tend to believe our D isn't as bad as it showed, and Fales isn't as good as he's showed - not in any way a flame (he's certainly capable of beating us with less than what he is showed, other variables considered). But unless De'Leon Eskridge and the Spartan run blocking shows up and punches us in the mouth, SDSU wins by at least 10.

Either way, going to be tough. Can't say I have the best of feelings about this game other than there will be a lot to talk about regardless afterwards...

Question I have is the Sheep really that bad or the Spartans really that good?

Minimal turnovers our D will stop them.

Aztecs 14 point W

Not sure how you can say a team that beats an FCS team 49-41 at home is "much better" than a team who lost 20-17 on the road (admittedly only 20 miles "up the road") to a highly ranked Pac-12 opponent that just beat U$C.

I'm not claiming SJSU is the better team; I like this matchup a lot and I see it as pretty even. I just see no evidence for your "much better" claim. I think it will be a lot of fun.

Rivalry game- all bets were off at Stanfurd.

I'm looking forward to a Spartans win on Saturday and a Chargers win on Sunday, and will be at both games. I live in San Diego and have been looking forward to this weekend since the day the schedules were announced. B) Look for SJSU to extend the series winning streak over SDSU.