Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Boise starting QB arrested

I thought that problem was fixed when their alcoholic  asst coach left with Pete.  

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

Guest Cowboy Junky

Resisting/obstructing could be as simple as tossing a beer in the bushes.

Resisting/obstructing could be as simple as reminding an overweight officer that tax payers pay his salary and that he has a standard for body fat that he needs to uphold. I know that one from personal experience. They tack that obstruction/interference crap on, whenever someone is giving them a hard time.

Guest #1Stunner

No, my away travels are finished - flying back for home

games only.

Did you have anything to do with the missionary knocking

on my door just now...

You did, didn't you?

Would love to have you drive down to Provo for the game. You'd love it.

From KTVB

BOISE -- Boise State redshirt sophomore quarterback Ryan Finley, 20, was arrested early Saturday morning in Boise on charges of resisting or obstructing officers and minor in possession or consumption of alcohol.

According to Boise Police, officers responded to a neighbor's call of a noise complaint at a residence near the intersection of West Hale Street and South Euclid Avenue at 11:32 p.m. on Friday.

When officers arrived, they observed a car pull up near the intersection and stop. The occupants of the vehicle got out, but then got back into the car when they saw officers. When Boise Police officers attempted to make contact with the driver, one of passengers exited the car and ran away, failing to stop when officers identified themselves. A brief foot pursuit ensued, and officers soon located Finley, crouched in a nearby backyard.

Officers spoke with Finley, who smelled of alcohol, and took him into custody.

Finley emerged as the likely front-runner to take over as the Broncos' starting quarterback this spring. During the annual Blue and Orange Scrimmage, Finley operated early and often with the No. 1 offense. He finished 13-of-25 for 196 yards.

One of the Final Five..........

Running from the Police and hiding behind a bush probably wasn't the smartest thing ever. Chris Petersen always used to say that kids 18-22 are the dumbest age group in America and I tend to agree with that statement. If he gets suspended for a game or two over this it changes everything. Do they start Rypien, if so I can't image Finely getting the starting job back because Rypien would have burned his redshirt? However, if Rypien isn't ready. I could see them starting one of the other QB's during his suspension and then bring Finely back after that. It certainly will be interesting to see what happens.

FWIW, had Finley just sat there and let the cops give him a citation he probably would have been punished internally and started day one. Since I ran from the police and got arrested, he now will most likely get suspended.

Agreed on all counts.

Resisting/obstructing could be as simple as tossing a beer in the bushes.

With the crazy way Cops have been acting, Finley is lucky to be alive. Even walking away from them can be considered resisting. 

45.jpg

Yawn...

"Make like a tree and scram" - Rosegreen

Your administration is the reason why our basketball league is bleeding out currently. If you didn't insist on San Jose being in the MWC, so you guys would have someone that votes similar to SDSU, every team in the MWC wouldn't have to play 2 games vs. a team with a 330 RPI ranking EVERY season.

You guys are as stupid as you are desperate.   - Cowboy Junky

With the crazy way Cops have been acting, Finley is lucky to be alive. Even walking away from them can be considered resisting. 

45.jpg

This confirms it citrus.  You're for sure an idiot.

This confirms it citrus.  You're for sure an idiot.

I was obviously being facetious. So you're the idiot for not getting it. By the way, facetious means joking. Being a Fresneck, I figured you'd need that definition. :rolleyes:

I was obviously being facetious. So you're the idiot for not getting it. By the way, facetious means joking. Being from Fresneck, I figured you'd need the definition. :rolleyes:

Nah, you've done this before.  Post that eat crow pic again.  More confirmation for us.  

Nah, you've done this before.  Post that eat crow pic again.  More confirmation for us.  

Sorry Cincy, but you just don't have the comprehension to tell the difference between a joke and a sport prediction. 

Sorry Cincy, but you just don't have the intellect to tell the difference between a joke and sports predictions. But then again, you're a FresNeck so we don't expect much. 

Lol.  Hey I'm not the one who's always having to clarify himself to others on the board.  Sorry guy, but it's true.

Do you still have your Google alert set for "Fresno"?