Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Willden4UNLV

3 remaining UNLV schollies

I'd be shocked if he picks UNLV. Unless he's extremely confident he'd crack through the top two guard spots and gets minutes. He's not transferring from whatever small school he's from to not play and not be showcased.

Why would you be shocked? UNLV has probably been in the lead the whole time. And he would compete for a starting role.

Why would you be shocked? UNLV has probably been in the lead the whole time. And he would compete for a starting role.

Maybe he's not intererested in competing for the starting job. He is a senior.

Nothing would shock me anymore, but I'd be surprised. He'd be a newcomer into what is already a very competitive backcourt, i.e. not a sure thing. He's a senior from a smaller school looking for a bump in competition and exposure.   

Nothing would shock me anymore, but I'd be surprised. He'd be a newcomer into what is already a very competitive backcourt, i.e. not a sure thing. He's a senior from a smaller school looking for a bump in competition and exposure.

According to a lot of college basketball analysts, a veteran shooting guard is the piece UNLV lacks to be a top 25 team . In that case I would understand why the staff is going after him.

According to a lot of college basketball analysts, a veteran shooting guard is the piece UNLV lacks to be a top 25 team . In that case I would understand why the staff is going after him.

lol...where is this info?

I don't seen ANY analyst putting UNLV preseason top 25.

They already did that once and at the top of the MWC a couple of times....backfired on them pretty badly.

The perception with UNLV is elite talent with underachieving seasons. Consistently.

It isn't just some kind of MWCBoard theory. It's factual evidence.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

UNLV top 25 team next year????????

Top 25 up my ass. 

We're come #1 in the Top 25 in worst coached teams.

7 hours ago, ph90702 said:

If you’re such a UNLV fan, why did you go elsewhere?

lol...where is this info?

I don't seen ANY analyst putting UNLV preseason top 25.

They already did that once and at the top of the MWC a couple of times....backfired on them pretty badly.

The perception with UNLV is elite talent with underachieving seasons. Consistently.

It isn't just some kind of MWCBoard theory. It's factual evidence.

Check out Jon Rothstein. In his opinion "one veteran guard away". Dam you're annoying, check your stupid uppity attitude. Any information you haven't seen is deemed imaginary.

Check out Jon Rothstein. In his opinion "one veteran guard away". Dam you're annoying, check your stupid uppity attitude. Any information you haven't seen is deemed imaginary.

I'm annoying because I ask you to provide info on a statement I deem ridiculous, not imaginary? Don't say skeptical things if you don't want to be questioned.

Nobody with credibility is ranking UNLV top 25 without a returning Wood or Vaughn. It's unfathomable.

Also the only thing I found from Rothstein was on twitter..

UNLV an NCAA tournament team next year?

"Need to add another veteran guard in Spring recruiting period."

Says nothing about top 25.

@JonRothstein: UNLV is one quality guard away from being a legitimate Top 25 contender. Runnin Rebels are deep and talented. Need one more perimeter piece.

You didn't ask where I found this info, you scoffed at the very idea of it. Mockery is your MO. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. But this is a CBS college basketball analyst and his own opinion, not even necessarily mine.

Ok, rothstein.....he probably looks as far and as deep as Vaughn leaving...

A 4 star freshman, 2 standout sophomores, a 4th year junior and a transfer senior who's eligible after sitting last year. All expect to play and contribute and what UNLV needs is a vet guard?? Ok...

How about a vet big man in the spring?

@JonRothstein: UNLV is one quality guard away from being a legitimate Top 25 contender. Runnin Rebels are deep and talented. Need one more perimeter piece.

You didn't ask where I found this info, you scoffed at the very idea of it. Mockery is your MO. If you don't agree with it, that's fine. But this is a CBS college basketball analyst and his own opinion, not even necessarily mine.

what? I don't even...

Reading comprehension, do you have it?

Read my first sentence of my first response.

Ok, rothstein.....he probably looks as far and as deep as Vaughn leaving...

A 4 star freshman, 2 standout sophomores, a 4th year junior and a transfer senior who's eligible after sitting last year. All expect to play and contribute and what UNLV needs is a vet guard?? Ok...

How about a vet big man in the spring?

Hey I don't pretend to be an expert but it isn't just Rothstein with the opinion that UNLV is in need of an experienced guard. Taylor Bern is of the same of opinion. His words were "@TaylorBern: @SkylerWillden For a one-year rental I get looking at a SG. Seagears/McCaw/Poyser all hybrids. Cornish only SG on the roster." While I believe that there would be too many guard options to all get minutes, they are all underclassmen and Dave Rice is going to be all about getting every piece he can to compete next season. He won't hesitate to recruit a talented 5th year player even if it means a freshman falling in the lineup because he needs to win this year.

You obviously don't watch much college basketball if you think that UNLV is the worst coached team.

He might be. How many coaches are worse game coaches than Rice?

Thatd be difficult to know. Hard to quantify.

That's why I put maybe.

There were also quite a few analysts saying UNLV was a dark horse Final Four team that year we had Bennett. I'll be keeping my expectations low until I see these guys play.

And you have NBA execs taking shots at the lack of good coaching these kids have gotten at UNLV. I'll take their opinions over Taylor Bern or one CBS analyst who probably hasn't watched much film of UNLV. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

And you have NBA execs taking shots at the lack of good coaching these kids have gotten at UNLV. I'll take their opinions over Taylor Bern or one CBS analyst who probably hasn't watched much film of UNLV.

...ok? Taylor Bern never said they were going to be good, he simply said they could use a SG. Which execs talked about poor coaching?