Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDSU-Alum2003

Carson City Council approves stadium site for Chargers/Raiders

And, if this were to happen, what are SDSU's options?

They will have 5 years guaranteed at the Q.

Admin has indicated there are other options that will be pursued. What those are specifically I don't know.

I would imagine SDSU will move forward with a West Campus expansion at the Q site and present some type of financing plan for a new SDSU stadium. Senator Marty Block has been advocating for SDSU already. Watch the short video below.

http://www.kusi.com/story/28228281/senator-proposes-qualcomm-be-used-by-san-diego-state-university

I dont think this is happening. I think the Rams and the Inglewood stadium plan is a lock. I dont think the NFL wants to deal with division realignment. Would hate to see the NFC West get split up 

Related image

Carson City?  I never figured Nevada for two NFL teams.  :o

Haha I read the headline and thought why the hell is Carson City getting a stadium? 

And from what some knowledgable SDSU posters on this site say the Chargers moving away from SD is actually a good thing for SDSU. I also wonder what this would mean for San Diego hosting the Super Bowl? It's easily one of the 2 or 3 best cities to host along with Miami and New Orleans but much like Miami has a dumpy stadium. 

I can't sing and I can't dance but I can make romance - Macho Man Randy Savage

Haha I read the headline and thought why the hell is Carson City getting a stadium?

And from what some knowledgable SDSU posters on this site say the Chargers moving away from SD is actually a good thing for SDSU. I also wonder what this would mean for San Diego hosting the Super Bowl? It's easily one of the 2 or 3 best cities to host along with Miami and New Orleans but much like Miami has a dumpy stadium.

The NFL has been pretty clear about the fact that no NFL team means no Super Bowl.

This could be huge for SDSU.  I would love the chance to travel to a CSU/SDSU game in your new digs at the qualcom site.

This would also give you a shot a the PAC or B12.

Carson City? I never figured Nevada for two NFL teams. :o

That's funny. I thought the same thing. I was thinking what the phuck and why haven't I heard this before?

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I dont think this is happening. I think the Rams and the Inglewood stadium plan is a lock. I dont think the NFL wants to deal with division realignment. Would hate to see the NFC West get split up 

There are so many scenarios that could play out.  We will have a pretty clear picture of what will happen by the end of this summer.

The best case scenario for SDSU is that the Chargers either leave town (best) or at the very least move downtown (unlikely). 

Bottom line is there are 2 stadium sites in Los Angeles that are entitled and awaiting financing.  But there are 3 teams that want to move to LA.

For the Chargers, if it is purely a monetary decision, they are more likely to move to LA than to stay in San Diego.

I don't see a problem with the NFL allowing relocation for the Chargers considering they have been trying to get a stadium built in San Diego for 14 years.

Short of providing civic pride the Chargers/NFL take more than they give to San Diego.  I hope they leave ASAP.

Regardless of what happens SDSU football is in a win-win situation.  Either we get a new NFL stadium to play in (although not my ideal choice) or SDSU builds its own smaller stadium on main campus or at an expanded West Campus at the Q site (best case scenario).

That's funny. I thought the same thing. I was thinking what the phuck and why haven't I heard this before?

And oddly enough, when I hear or read something on or about Las Vegas, I rarely think that they are referring to Las Vegas, New Mexico hmm! :P

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Would be sad to see the Chargers go, but I only go to 1 or 2 Chargers games a year.  Watch rest on TV so no real difference for me.

However I think the ball was dropped, as a downtown stadium with an extenion of the convention center was a no brainer.  Put it right next to Petco and that place would be amazing.

As an SDSU season ticket holder though its a win,  I would be excited about a west campus (1 or 2 miles) from main campus and possibly an MLS team in the future.

Change is inevitable only growth is optional.

Would be sad to see the Chargers go, but I only go to 1 or 2 Chargers games a year.  Watch rest on TV so no real difference for me.

However I think the ball was dropped, as a downtown stadium with an extenion of the convention center was a no brainer.  Put it right next to Petco and that place would be amazing.

As an SDSU season ticket holder though its a win,  I would be excited about a west campus (1 or 2 miles) from main campus and possibly an MLS team in the future.

I don't know why anyone would be sad to see the Chargers leave San Diego after reading this article.  Unless of course you are a die hard Charger fan first.

http://www.voiceofsandiego.org/topics/government/the-citys-3-biggest-chargers-follies/

Mark Davis really, really, really want a new stadium for the Raiders and isn't going to pay for it himself.  If the bay area won't pony up i could easily see him packing the team up and moving.

i think this is more likely to get the bay to pony up to keep the raiders than it is for the raiders to leave

i don't really care where in california they play, i have no attachment to oakland. i grew up an LA raider fan anyway 

i think this is more likely to get the bay to pony up to keep the raiders than it is for the raiders to leave

i don't really care where in california they play, i have no attachment to oakland. i grew up an LA raider fan anyway

Oakland has to decide between the A's and Raiders and i think they pick the raiders

Related image

Oakland has to decide between the A's and Raiders and i think they pick the raiders

seems dumb to me

every nfl stadium is becoming the same as every other nfl stadium. only a few really stand out

o.co is a piece of shit, that's easy to see but the fact that they keep the dirt infield (to me at least) is something interesting about raider football. i understand most people seem to think they need separate homes but i don't see why. this is coming from someone who has no familiarity with the area or the a's fanbase but i for one am totally for another collaborate stadium in the area