Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nabber

You're ranking AFA by the record against Navy?

In another thread, several posters repeated their worries about AFA by saying they worried about the AFA loss to Navy.

This is nuts.

Navy is 9-4, 8-4, 10-2, and 8-5 in the past 4 seasons, and has beaten a 7-4 UNM team 34-19 and a 6-5 CSU team 51-30 in 2 bowl games. Last year Navy lost to a 10-3 Boston College team by 1 point in their bowl game.

So, STFU.

In another thread, several posters repeated their worries about AFA by saying they worried about the AFA loss to Navy.

This is nuts.

Navy is 9-4, 8-4, 10-2, and 8-5 in the past 4 seasons, and has beaten a 7-4 UNM team 34-19 and a 6-5 CSU team 51-30 in 2 bowl games. Last year Navy lost to a 10-3 Boston College team by 1 point in their bowl game.

So, STFU.

This loss only bothers me in that AFA had it won, at least it looked like it until they had 3 straight penalties for 35 yds. Not exactly a good way to lose. Still AFA has looked sharp at times.

This is nuts.

So, STFU.

Well speaking for myself it is not that I have no respect for Navy but, because of MWC ties I do root for AFA to win the CIC and the fact that Navy as clearly passed AFA as the most successful of the Service Acadamies under Paul Johnson pains me a little.

While it is not fair for an observer to expect perfection from AFA on the CIC front... this is what, 4 straight for Navy? Breaking through vs. Navy seems like it should be a pretty big goal for AFA and one they faild to acheave. This year Navy did not seem to be on par with some of the fine Midshipmen teams of recent years and yet the Falcons could not get it done in the 4th quarter vs. them.

I think one can ask what does it take for AFA to become the #1 Sevice Academy again w/o dog pileing on AFA for the losing streak vs. Navy.

and that Navy gave up 36 to Ball State and 43 to Duke in consecutive weeks

This loss only bothers me in that AFA had it won, at least it looked like it until they had 3 straight penalties for 35 yds. Not exactly a good way to lose. Still AFA has looked sharp at times.

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

I'm one of the ones calling Air Force out for losing to Navy. Losing to your Rival 4 times in a row really bites (as we found out with Utah). Losing 5 times is worse. This should have been a game circled in red.

Second, Navy has played well, but they have also played relatively light schedules, with IAAs every year. They have played well, but not consistently outstanding. While Navy has had good W/L records, their computer ratings have been fairly low. So, I have no problems calling out Air Force for losing to Navy.

Go Cougs!!!!!!!!!!!

August 31 at Temple W 30-19

September 7 at No. 15 Rutgers L 41-24

September 15 Ball State L 34-31

September 22 Duke W 46-43

September 29 Air Force W 31-20

October 10 at Pittsburgh 8:00 PM ET Tickets ESPN360

October 20 Wake Forest 1:00 PM ET Tickets CSTV

October 27 Delaware 1:00 PM ET Tickets CSTV

November 3 at Notre Dame 2:30 PM ET Tickets NBC

November 10 at North Texas 4:00 PM ET Tickets

November 17 Northern Illinois 3:30 PM ET Tickets CSTV

December 1 at Army 12:00 PM ET Tickets CBS

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/teamsched?teamId=2426

Navy is terrible this year. Like, SDSU/CSU terrible.

#20 BYU 14, #3 Oklahoma 13

#18 BYU 26, #21 Utah 23

#14 BYU 44, #16 Oregon State 20

#10 BYU 82, Utah 69

#14 BYU 71, Utah 51

#16 BYU 99, Florida 92