Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CUSA/Tallgrass

B12 to add USF, WVU, &Cincy in 2014 and BYU in 2013

http://ncaabbs.com/s....php?tid=518063

Lousiville, USF, Cincy, & WVA in 2014...I left out Louisville in title of post.

As usual, this is overblown and pure speculation.

First, who the hell is Greg Swaim? That's the guy who wrote up the blog entry. His sole credit seems to be that he writes this blog.

Second, take a closer look at the blog entry:

Word from Dallas today is that schools like BYU, Louisville, West Virginia, USF and Cincinnati were talked about as future invitees, but no official offers have been made.

Schools like BYU, Louisville... etc. Schools like them? That's ridiculously vague.

And no offers have been made.

Oh... then there's this:

"There were concerns expressed by several Big 12 members about the BYU policies of no Sunday games and the older ages of players, due to LDS missions. However, those problems seem to have been put to rest, and if an official offer hasn’t been made yet, expect it to happen within a few days to a week."

Not convincing...

Texas (the 800 lb. gorilla in the Big XII) "Gets what it wants!" Why do you think TCU hasn't been a serious candidate for Big XII expansion?

Oklahoma schools don't want TCU because they have a heavy DFW presence. Kansas schools don't TCU because they don't want the conference to be any more Texas-centric. The Big 12 schools might never agree on anything, but there seems to be a consensus on TCU up and down the conference.

Actually Cincy makes more sense than BYU. Not because of the MormonTV thing. Rather, as one of the Mandel guys said (I get them confused), because of the no-Sunday restriction and because, again, to get to Provo everybody in the conference would have to fly over two or more states

Not sure why this always comes up. Big 12 basketball tournaments end on Saturday nights. And while there's CBS games during January and February, BYU simply wouldn't play in those and would be featured in the regular Big Monday, Wednesday and Saturday time slots on ESPN. Baseball games are an easy fix with each opponent.

I understand the desire to be in a BCS conference, but would TCU really want to be back in a conference with Texas?

I would put the chance of TCU in Big 12 with Texas as the same as SDSU going to the PAC XX as on Par with UNM winning the MW this year. I just don't see it happening.

Out of my mind for the Lobos!!

RJ, what bball schools would you like to see join the B12? Who wins the conference this year?

1. Always liked BYU, though a lot of it came from watching McMahon, Young, Detmer, Eric Drage, etc. Under appreciated given both football and basketball, and especially now so with Utah growing at a 4.5 percent rate annually. They bring a lot. And Louisville -- home-and-homes with Pitino would be awesome.

2. Uh ... KU, of course. It's been seven years and counting, time to make it eight.

i'm going to hit myself in the head with a hammer and listen to craig james as it dulls the pain of now 17 months of this nonsense. Fluck the big 12 for ruining college sports

The Big 12 ruined college sports? Why not Larry Scott and the Pac-12 for accelerating the super-conference talk? Or the SEC, for being the first conference to 12 teams and a championship game?

Not in the case of USF. They are too much of a geographic outlier.

If it's true as somebody said that the SEC told WVU thanks but no thanks, then the Mountaineers, Louisville and either BYU or Cincinnati make the most sense to me. Actually Cincy makes more sense than BYU. Not because of the MormonTV thing. Rather, as one of the Mandel guys said (I get them confused), because of the no-Sunday restriction and because, again, to get to Provo everybody in the conference would have to fly over two or more states. With UL and WVU also joining, that wouldn't be true for Cincinnati.

So book it. Louisville, Cincinnati and West Virginia to the Big 12.

Oh and that's pretty much going to be the end of the Big East as a football conference. (Sorry USF but you barely warranted being in an AQ conference to begin with. Same for you, UConn and Rutgers, though you may still land on your feet in the ACC.)

It was sarcasm on my part.

2005, 2009, 2010 & 2011 MWC Football Champions

oh, c'mon.

Just curious, what is it specifically about the Big 12 that ruined college sports for you? Aside from the whole voting for the BCS as opposed to a playoff, which was shortsighted on their part -- they should've known to go playoff over BCS the moment the Big Ten and Pac-10 told them to go BCS. In hindsight, that's where the Big 12 is where it is now.