Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jope

All MWC a Joke!!!

6 mew mexico players on 1st team offense!!! LOL!!!! The powerful 84th ranked offense in the nation, the team that scored an amazing 6 points on that Utep powerhouse,the team that did not even score against TCU and was able to somehow score 10 points on Utah. Terrible. If they are that talented (which they are not) Rocky Long should be fired!!! 8 people on the MWC first team. bwaaaahaahaa!!!!

Nope - I am no fan of BC. The MWC could use some bashing-not for quality of teams-buti t is very poorly run with bad bowl tie-ins and a terrible TV deal. As far as the All-MWC goes I just think it is funny how that worked out. Pretty silly if you ask me. Especially Ferguson - should of been 2nd team choice. Chad Hall is for sure first team, Mack and Unga were both better than Ferg this year. I wonder if the voters even watch the games

Nope - I am no fan of BC. The MWC could use some bashing-not for quality of teams-buti t is very poorly run with bad bowl tie-ins and a terrible TV deal. As far as the All-MWC goes I just think it is funny how that worked out. Pretty silly if you ask me. Especially Ferguson - should of been 2nd team choice. Chad Hall is for sure first team, Mack and Unga were both better than Ferg this year. I wonder if the voters even watch the games

Since the coaches were included, I'd say they saw every guy at least once...

Did some MWC guy dump your sister or something? Craig Thompson pee in your kool-aid? At least the WAC fans have a reason for their hatred. What's your excuse? boredom?

The MWC -- the most annoying no-AQ conference in the country. LOL

"first time poster" (troll) bashes the MWC...

yawn...

at least he knows who coaches UNM, right?

I actually agree with him. The #2 rushing team in the nation only places one OL on the first team? Who do you think was blocking for Chad Hall?

The guy does make some good points........

There were more productive players and teams than UNM.......

The TV contract is abysmal. I've seen more USD basketball on tv this year (or at least had the opportunity to watch--I won't waste my time on that second rate wannabe program) than I have SDSU, and I HAVE the mtn.!!!

"Once an Aztec, Always an Aztec"

CSU Fresno: Accepting SDSU's sloppy seconds since 1911.

I actually agree with him. The #2 rushing team in the nation only places one OL on the first team? Who do you think was blocking for Chad Hall?

So you think the MWC is a joke as well?

One more AFA OL guy on the list would've made this a good list? One less makes it a joke? ;)

And like I said, I expected 2 UNM OL guys. BYU got two.

So you think the MWC is a joke as well?

One more AFA OL guy on the list would've made this a good list? One less makes it a joke? ;)

And like I said, I expected 2 UNM OL guys. BYU got two.

Air Force out-rushed both those teams by large margins and had fewer sacks. Should be more AFA OL on the list than either UNM or BYU.

The TV contract is abysmal. I've seen more USD basketball on tv this year (or at least had the opportunity to watch--I won't waste my time on that second rate wannabe program) than I have SDSU, and I HAVE the mtn.!!!

However the Aztecs have every MWC game televised -- that's the case will all MWC teams. And that wasn't the case in the past.

I don't know how it was in SDSU before the mtn., but most schools not named Duke, UNC or UCLA has a good portion of its OOC schedule NOT televised.

I'm not gonna argue that the TV contract is perfect but it's pretty damn good when it comes to men's basketball.

Air Force out-rushed both those teams by large margins and had fewer sacks. Should be more AFA OL on the list than either UNM or BYU.

Yeah, but didn't AFA lose both of those games?

Also, teams that run the ball a lot generally give up fewer sacks than teams that pass the ball.

So using fewer sacks as a comparison point is kind of misleading.

Hey I'm MORE surprised than you than UNM got so many first-teamers, but these awards are generally handed out for play over an entire season.

Not one game,right?

And not based on game-by-game analysis.

So again, you agree with this guys points and think the MWC is a joke because of the All-MWC picks?

Ill assume youve moved on from UNM bashing, and your reply wasnt tinged with jealousy on many levels. That said,

I think it has to do with a few things.

These were all voted on by the head coaches of every team in the conference. They all saw each position on each team. I think they have an ok perspective on talent.lol....

That said, I wonder if some of the 1st team ALL MWC has also to do with, besides, production, having a name (notice Rodney was 1st teal last year as well with 1300 rushing yards), and NFL potential.

Most of the MWC NFL guys made "1st team". chad hall doesnt seem like he has likely NFL interest, and the system he plays for is unique/gimickey (for understandably limited recrutiing reasons) in D1. Some way say at most schools he would NOT survive as a rb. wr yes rb no.

Ferguson is very hard to bring down in general. He is very thick and strong and more than that is developing the right mentality.

With OL's they look at their statistics. knowck down blocks, assignment errors, grading techniques, etc.

Natali also earned all american student athlete so hes a smart guy. Good to have smart guys at center- they usually know what they are doing.

When you look at it Air Force's OL does block pretty darn well, but half of them are chop blocks. You guys did out rush both UNM and BYU but in all honesty I feel the design of your offense plays a big part in why you guys get so many rush yds. As for UNM I only expected to get 6 players at most on First team but I'll take 8.

Yeah, but didn't AFA lose both of those games?

Also, teams that run the ball a lot generally give up fewer sacks than teams that pass the ball.

So using fewer sacks as a comparison point is kind of misleading.

Hey I'm MORE surprised than you than UNM got so many first-teamers, but these awards are generally handed out for play over an entire season.

Not one game,right?

And not based on game-by-game analysis.

So again, you agree with this guys points and think the MWC is a joke because of the All-MWC picks?

My statement was based on the entire season. Over the entire season AFA far out-rushed every team in the conference and were second in the nation. That's a bunch of good offensive linemen in action. One first team and one second team selection tells me the voters are looking at height and weight rather than performance.

When you look at it Air Force OL does block pretty darn well but half of them are chop blocks. You did out rush both UNM and BYU but in all honesty I feel the design of your offence is a big part of the reason you guys get all those rush yds. As for UNM I only expected to get 6 players at most on First team but I'll take 8.

Air Force does not chop block. We were called for one chop block all season and it happened on a kickoff. Like every team, we cut block. This year we cut blocked far less with our new offense. Zone blocking is the game now.

AFA rushed for 5.43 yards/carry

BYU rushed for 3.96 yards/carry

UNM rushed for 3.40 yards/carry

We know we're going to run. You know we're going to run. We run and you can't stop us. That's good blocking up front.

It's a minor point, but AFA gets shafted in these All-Conference honors. Everybody thinks it's about the system. The fact is, the kids just play well.

My statement was based on the entire season. Over the entire season AFA far out-rushed every team in the conference and were second in the nation. That's a bunch of good offensive linemen in action. One first team and one second team selection tells me the voters are looking at height and weight rather than performance.

Maybe theres also a unique factor and it is this: we notice who has a gimickey scheme (AFA) due to understandable limited recruting abilities, but even more so, who has NFL possibilities written on them.

Im sure the MWC wants to hype up its best players for the draft -saying hes a 1st team all mwc and an imposing 6'6 330 pounds...versus an afa guy who is very smart but plays in a chop blocking never-going- to -play -this football- style- again- in-the-NFL- scheme. ..and hes only 6'3" 283 punds...

quote name='AFRugger' date='Dec 4 2007, 05:52 PM' post='162287']

We know we're going to run. You know we're going to run. We run and you can't stop us. That's good blocking up front.

I do have to admit those are some good points your making AFRugger

I don't have to defend those selections to any fan, but UNM did earn those honors. And FYI, until the TCU game UNM led almost every offensive category. TCU demolished UNM, and UNM wasn't the same after Utah.

These selections were made by coaches, so go complaint youtr teams Coach.

P.S.

Freguson is the best RB in the MWC, Chad Hall is a great talent who plays in a run oriented offense.

Air Force does not chop block. We were called for one chop block all season and it happened on a kickoff. Like every team, we cut block. This year we cut blocked far less with our new offense. Zone blocking is the game now.

It's a minor point, but AFA gets shafted in these All-Conference honors. Everybody thinks it's about the system. The fact is, the kids just play well.

Your guys are instantly lowered in most coaches eyes as far as being representative of being the best INDIVIDUAL football player at the position. When your small and not as athleticically gifted (Deberrys own words I might remind you) its harder to earn the individual award. You guys play well as a team. Your a notch smarter imo. But individually its harder for afa to stand out due to , generally, not being as physically gifted for football.

Thats what it is. The 6'2 284 pound AFA l8inemen is going to find it very difficult to get an honor. Especially because he does not have the physical tools, to usually be 1st team ALL MWC.

Fair or not, I think a lot of the guys that are voted for by the coaches are those who the coaches look at and say to themselves that they would want that player on their team, or that they could see him doing well on the next level. Quite frankly, I doubt many MWC coaches look at a AFA OL and say they would want those guys on their OL because they would not work well in the scheme they run.

LR5h5.St.58.jpg