Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Rivals ranks the bowl games

I suspect they'll get tons of fans to the bowl. Perhaps more than any other of our bowl opponents. Any projections out there?

I think BYU will get a 90% fan base in the LV Bowl...............with a coachless, 6-6, apathetic / don't want to be there attitude, I don't see many UCLA fans making the trek to this bowl game.....BYU fans should be able to snap up tickets at will.

Utah-Navy will be a compelling game. Plus, I think the Mids will give a big test to the Utes.

Let's hope the Falcons hate them really bad and won't let the middies have any game film!!

MWC Champions 1999, 2003, 2004, 2008

Fiesta Bowl Champions 2005

Sugar Bowl Champions 2009

Guest ragtimeJOE

In theory, aren't bcs bowl games supposed to be the best to watch? It is pretty sad when other games are rated higher (although I realize this is all opinion of this writer); yeah, the bcs is great <_<

Well, San Diego is, of course, a Navy town. The last time the Middies played here they had a good showing. I'd expect the same. Depending on how Utah will travel, I suspect this will be a well attended game- 45k plus. Remember, everyone bring their tourist dollars. Lots of restaurants, theme parks, saloons, and souveniers to spend on

I suspect they'll get tons of fans to the bowl. Perhaps more than any other of our bowl opponents. Any projections out there?

nXlmx.gif

Back to Back Mountain West Tourney Champs

Well, San Diego is, of course, a Navy town. The last time the Middies played here they had a good showing. I'd expect the same. Depending on how Utah will travel, I suspect this will be a well attended game- 45k plus. Remember, everyone bring their tourist dollars. Lots of restaurants, theme parks, saloons, and souveniers to spend on

Saloons? Is it still 1885 in San Diego? ;)

In 2004 when the Lobos played Navy there was a TON of Navy fans. There were probably about 20,000, plus their cadets, who got to march out onto the field before the game to the Navy fight song. It's likely going to feel like a road game unless Utah brings 10,000+ fans.

28. Humanitarian Bowl, Dec. 31, Fresno State vs. Georgia Tech.

The Yellow Jackets are looking for a new coach, and we're sure the players will be real psyched to play in Boise on New Year's Eve on that blue field.

LOL at this.. Now all we need is the Mayor of Boise to disrespect GT like they did to BC in 2005 at a BSU pep rally and this disaster known as the Truck Stop Bowl will be complete..

Atleast boise has a bowl. SLC does not have a bowl.

Sure we do...

http://www.topofthemountainsbowl.com

The game on Saturday was a blizzard..

But we're not dumb enough to try and attract a D1A bowl game to a SLC in late December like Boise.. Unless you like to ski, watch basketball or like ice fishing, you have no business in SLC during this time..

What a reward... Travel across the country for New Years and play in Boise in a dump of a stadium in front of 30K in the middle of winter... No thanks...

There are lots of bowls in cold weather places. Hello! Its is the month of december. The armed forces/fort worth might be cold. New mexico might be cold. The emerald/ san francisco might be cold.

Um, cold is one thing, but actually having a good chance to have to play the game in several inches of snow or even a blizzard is something else I would think.

In ABQ there is a chance for snow as well, but 90% of the time you will actually have good weather. In San Francisco cold won't be the worst thing, the rain most likely will be. In Ft. Worth....well the average low for december is 34 (in SLC that is close the average HIGH) or something like that so I doubt the cold will be that much of a problem there.