Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lobomonstro

LA Times: Peterson No. 1 candidate

Yes, UCLA would have a problem exceeding his current salary in terms of cost of living. The difference between LA and Boise is considerable.

One has a top rated quality of life. LA doesn't.

One has a premier cancer center for his son. LA doesnt.

Stadium size? LOL, that asinine, but we expect that from you. Facts (and usually common sense) are seldom a part of your posting habits.

These Boise fans are truly clueless.

Quality of life is subjective. How do you know what your coach thinks about quality of life. :blink: 2 million would improve that for sure.

UCLA medical facilities are some of the best in the nation. Have you been to the Rose bowl? It's an incredible setiing.

Apperently you don't get out much, and no, Reno doesn't count.

I think anyone would be nuts to take on UCLA.

Bruins think they have the tradition of USC, but more accurately, their tradition rivals that of Arizona.

True, a coach at UCLA could take 2nd pick of LA area recruits, but no one has ever been able to do anything with them.

Westwood is always in the USC's shadow and always will be, football-wise.

I could see if a coach wanted to make a money grab, but instill a consistently formidable program? Unlikely.

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

These Boise fans are truly clueless.

Quality of life is subjective. How do you know what your coach thinks about quality of life. :blink: 2 million would improve that for sure.

UCLA medical facilities are some of the best in the nation. Have you been to the Rose bowl? It's an incredible setiing.

Apperently you don't get out much, and no, Reno doesn't count.

You appear to have clueless down to the letter. Nothing in your post is factual, period.

Does your kid have cancer? Are you well versed in what cancer centers around the nation are rated?

Let you know? Who the hell do you think you are? Petersen's PR rep?

Yes, let me know when you're ready to act like a mature human being and i'll gladly explain to you why you're clueless concerning the situation.

Keep throwing around these 3rd grade insults regarding Boise State, and i'll continue to let you know i'm ignoring your pathetic attempts at flaming until you grow up.

Yes, UCLA would have a problem exceeding his current salary in terms of cost of living. The difference between LA and Boise is considerable.

Stadium size? LOL, that asinine, but we expect that from you. Facts (and usually common sense) are seldom a part of your posting habits.

Have you ever lived in the LA area? I have not, but unless you have lived there you are making statements that may false.

Like:

St Luke's and St Al's are good Hospitals, but honestly... I don't they are anything better than what could be found in the LA, in fact I would feel very comfortable thinking LA would have much better Hospitals (the best money can bye).

or...

and yet there is roughly around 25 times more people living in the LA area as the whole state of Idaho.

Coach Pete is a Northern California he had just got done as a record setting QB at UC Davis and became an assistant coach at UC Davis when I moved to Northern California to go to College. In fact I lived around 40 miles from Coach Pete's old stumping grounds of were he grew up in Yuba City. I can tell you the USC UCLA game was a big game even in Northern California...

:unsure:

Maybe he's the top candidate because UCLA actually wants to beat Fresno State next year.

Honestly, him and Leach are probably the best candidates for the job. He would leave if offered in my opinion. UCLA (southern california), PAC-10, shot at NC. Not to mention that if he leaves now he will still be considered legendary in Boise and if everything falls apart in LA, then whose to say he couldn't return to Boise later.

Fresno State Bulldogs Football

First season: 1921
Stadium: Bulldog Stadium
Year built: 1980
Seating capacity: 41,031
Conference: Mountain West
Division: West
Past conferences:
  • California Coast Conference (1922–1924)
  • Northern California Athletic Conference (1925–1940)
  • California Collegiate Athletic Association (1939–1950, 1953–1968)
  • Big West Conference (1969–1991)
  • Western Athletic Conference (1992–2012)
All-time record: 565–387–27 (.591)
Bowl record: 12–12 (.500)
Conference titles: 26
Consensus All-Americans: 2

Have you ever lived in the LA area? I have not, but unless you have lived there you are making statements that may false.

Yes. LA is a shithole compared to Idaho.

Like:

St Luke's and St Al's are good Hospitals, but honestly... I don't they are anything better than what could be found in the LA, in fact I would feel very comfortable thinking LA would have much better Hospitals (the best money can bye).

or...

Neither St Luke nor St Als are cancer centers. Coach Pete doesn't take his son to either facility for his cancer treatments.

and yet there is roughly around 25 times more people living in the LA area as the whole state of Idaho.

Look at any publication that ranks quality of life. LA is usually at the bottom of the nation, Boise and Idaho is usually at the very top. While its all subjective, pretty much anyone that knows will agree the 2 are not even comparable.

Coach Pete is a Northern California he had just got done as a record setting QB at UC Davis and became an assistant coach at UC Davis when I moved to Northern California to go to College. In fact I lived around 40 miles from Coach Pete's old stumping grounds of were he grew up in Yuba City. I can tell you the USC UCLA game was a big game even in Northern California...

Just a few weeks ago, Pete was on the Herd, and very clearly stated he had absoltuely zero interest in the UCLA job. He also reminded Cowherd that Dirk had recently called him and threatened to come punch him in the mouth if he even considered leaving Boise.

Pete knows what hes got here in Boise. While idiots like Natalie are enamoured with the size of a stadium, the color of the field, and how much money someone can make, anyone with half a brain can see that Coach Pete's decisions revolve around his family, specifically his son, and their well being.

Imagine the scenario of moving to LA, and his son dying from cancer. Does the 2M salary at UCLA cover that? Will the prestige of the Rose Bowl bring back his son?

Do you people even think before you post?

Petes a West Coast guy. I could see him taking over when Belotti leaves.

He won't stray too far from the clinic. His kids been in remission for almost 2 years now.

I can understand that. Regardless of job or location, it's all about family first.

Guest ragtimeJOE

#1 University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 100.0 67.9%

#2 Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York 96.3 65.9%

#3 Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore 73.2 37.8%

#4 Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. 61.5 26.0%

#5 Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston 54.4 33.1%

#6 University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle 42.9 15.8%

#7 University of Chicago Medical Center 39.5 6.1%

#8 UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles 39.3 8.4%

For those that didn't want to read the link. Yeah, LA doesn't have any good cancer hospitals :lol: :lol:

Just want to correct the wac offs; as usual they get on here and spew this stuff without any data or evidence to back it up.

Cancer hospital rankings

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/health/bes...hp?spec=ihqcanc

Who said it was a hospital? In your valiant effort to disprove a "wacoff", all you've succeeded in doing is making yourself look like a fool.

Congrats.

#1 University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston 100.0 67.9%

For those that didn't want to read the link. Yeah, LA doesn't have any good cancer hospitals :lol::lol:

Hell, maybe he is holding out for the Texass job... <_<

MOST HATED TEAM IN AMERICA!!!!! DAMN PROUD OF IT!!!!

BUCK WITH BRONCO AND BYU OR BUCK THE HELL OFF!!!!

Guest ragtimeJOE

Who said it was a hospital? In your valiant effort to disprove a "wacoff", all you've succeeded in doing is making yourself look like a fool.

Congrats.

Who said what was a hospital? The UCLA med center?

Imagine the scenario of moving to LA, and his son dying from cancer. Does the 2M salary at UCLA cover that? Will the prestige of the Rose Bowl bring back his son?

Do you people even think before you post?

Speaking of thinking before you post...

Imagine, if you will, a UCLA alum donating the use of his Lear jet so that Coach Pete can fly his son to Boise and back for treatments.

Naw... that'd never happen. UCLA doesn't have any alumni or fans that could possibly do THAT. :rolleyes:

Dude, these guys can make it happen if they want to. It's not so outlandish that they'd offer Peterson the world, the moon AND the stars and hand deliver them to his porch.

Of course they'd drop him like yesterday's trash if he didn't produce. And he knows that.

I understand why you Boise fans are so defensive about this, but really if UCLA wants him they'll spare no expense to get him. They can do that. They have the resources times 100.

That said, I do believe he's not interested.

But you guys make it sound like it's outside the realm of possibilities when clearly it is not.

Guest ragtimeJOE

:blink:

Are you bucking for the village idiot title? I wouldnt bother, Natalies got that one pretty much wrapped up.

I thought the contention was that LA didn't have any good cancer treatment facilities. Try this one out..

UCLA's Jonsson Cancer Center

Designated by the National Cancer Institute as one of only 39 comprehensive cancer centers in the United States, UCLA's Jonsson Cancer Center has earned an international reputation for developing new cancer therapies, providing the best in experimental and traditional treatments, and expertly guiding and training the next generation of medical researchers. The center's 250 physicians and scientists treat upwards of 20,000 patient visits per year and offer hundreds of clinical trials that provide the latest in experimental cancer treatments (www.cancer.mednet.ucla.edu). The center also offers patients and families complete psychological and support services.

UCLA's Jonsson Cancer Center has been ranked the best cancer center in California by U.S.News & World Report's Annual Best Hospitals survey for the seventh year. UCLA Medical Center, of which the Cancer Center is a part, has ranked best in the West for the past 17 years.

http://www.castleconnolly.com/hospitals/full.cfm?id=2840

Speaking of thinking before you post...

Imagine, if you will, a UCLA alum donating the use of his Lear jet so that Coach Pete can fly his son to Boise and back for treatments.

Naw... that'd never happen. UCLA doesn't have any alumni or fans that could possibly do THAT. :rolleyes:

Dude, these guys can make it happen if they want to. It's not so outlandish that they'd offer Peterson the world, the moon AND the stars and hand deliver them to his porch.

Of course they'd drop him like yesterday's trash if he didn't produce. And he knows that.

I understand why you Boise fans are so defensive about this, but really if UCLA wants him they'll spare no expense to get him. They can do that. They have the resources times 100.

That said, I do believe he's not interested.

But you guys make it sound like it's outside the realm of possibilities when clearly it is not.

Are you a UCLA alum donating your lear jet?

Lets stick with facts, shall we? Fantasy doesn't cut it.