Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jack Bauer

Is Hawaii going to make it?

Hawaii continues to be in deep +++++. Oly sports stuck in the BigLots and football bleeding money like a sieve.

If I'm the AD, I'm working the phones big time to speak with agents and learn the interest of June Jones, Houston Nutt or a similar established but available head coach to possibly take the reins mid-season in 2015 in order to clean up the steaming turd Norm Chow has created.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Those travel subs really hurt. Hawai'i should only pay from San Diego to the island. Not the entire trip. Any team in the conf can afford the trip to San Diego. It's sad that the issue won't be resolved. Good job MW.

"Recollect your thoughts don't get caught up in the mix ,cause the media is full of dirty tricks.”

I continue to think they're in a lot of trouble. It wouldn't surprise me to see them close up shop given the money ramp up that college sports has seen occur over the last couple of decades.

i think we would drop down to big sky before closing shop.too many football fans on the islands.

Those travel subs really hurt. Hawai'i should only pay from San Diego to the island. Not the entire trip. Any team in the conf can afford the trip to San Diego. It's sad that the issue won't be resolved. Good job MW.

It makes me wonder if it was originally Kustra rather than Hair who forced the travel subs on to Hawaii.  Hair isn't smart enough to think of it and taking advantage of others is how Kustra rolls.

It makes me wonder if it was originally Kustra rather than Hair who forced the travel subs on to Hawaii. Hair isn't smart enough to think of it and taking advantage of others is how Kustra rolls.

one thing for sure.it was a haole.

Wasn't it Hawaii's idea to begin with to escape the sinking WAC? Jesus guys. Is everything Boise St's fault?

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

"Per HNN, the percentage of subsidies that Hawaii receives from taxes and fees to students puts the school in the bottom half among teams in its conferences. The 40 percent Hawaii gets puts it ninth in the 12-team Mountain West Conference and last in the Big West Conference. Hawaii is a football-only member of the MWC and a member of the Big West in all sports."

Just to be clear on what that statement means, eight of the MWC schools and all eight of the Big West schools that UH competes with put more university money into subsidizing athletics than UH does. So on its face, it seems reasonable for UH to ask the legislature for more money.

The problem is that UH lobbied for and received budget autonomy from the Hawaii state legislature years ago. That means the legislature doesn't earmark funds for anything at the university. It appropriates a lump sum to UH every year and the university administration in its wisdom decides how to use it, including how much to allocate to subsidizing the athletic department. Given that, the legislature is almost certain to tell Lassner and Bley-Vroman "this is an internal UH problem, you figure out how to solve it, now go away."

i think we would drop down to big sky before closing shop.too many football fans on the islands.

Big Sky is a good fit for the athletics moving forward.  Trying to keep up with the programs in the MW will not be financially possible.  I still don't get why programs would rather live in the cellar of the MW, rather than take their rightful place on top of the Big Sky.  UNR San Jose St. should consider this also.  They are also natural fits.  

Big Sky is a good fit for the athletics moving forward.  Trying to keep up with the programs in the MW will not be financially possible.  I still don't get why programs would rather live in the cellar of the MW, rather than take their rightful place on top of the Big Sky.  UNR San Jose St. should consider this also.  They are also natural fits.  

You sure are a dumb arrogant cocky little bastard, aren't you. 

kat.jpg

Would that save you any money?

I'll bet expenses would go down but so would revenue. Norm Chow seems to be killing revenue all on his own though.

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. 
         ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Just call them how I see them.  Not trying to ruffle your feathers.  I do remember the good ol days when Nevada was competing year in and year out for Championships at that level.  I remember div 1aa playoff runs etc. etc.  Now if your above .500 its a good year.  University of Idaho is in same boat. 

Big Sky is a good fit for the athletics moving forward. Trying to keep up with the programs in the MW will not be financially possible. I still don't get why programs would rather live in the cellar of the MW, rather than take their rightful place on top of the Big Sky. UNR San Jose St. should consider this also. They are also natural fits.

If NV should be in the Big Sky because we can't cant keep up with the MW, following your line of reasoning, vegas should just drop FB.

Vegas would t be in the top 3 of the Big Sky.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

If NV should be in the Big Sky because we can't cant keep up with the MW, following your line of reasoning, vegas should just drop FB.

Vegas would t be in the top 3 of the Big Sky.

I'm just saying you were really competitive while in the Big Sky.  You all look down your noses at it.  But its good for the athletes students and fans to be competitive. 

Sorry for bringing it up..