Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tailingpermit

Krusty Bob takes a swing at...

I don't like the idea of getting in a pissig match with a NY6 bowl. That being said I guess it doesn't matter. The committee picks the access bid and there ain't diddly the bowl organizers can do about it.

I don't like the idea of getting in a pissig match with a NY6 bowl. That being said I guess it doesn't matter. The committee picks the access bid and there ain't diddly the bowl organizers can do about it.

He doesn't have a choice, our fans that got overcharged are pissed.

Now the Hulkstra is going to swing away until it's righted.

Big Bob should probably worry about making Boise a good school instead of worrying about the football team.  Leave this stuff up to the athletic director.  It's not befitting of a university president.

If Boise can boost their academics I really believe that they along with the Y could turn into a package deal for expansion in the future. Problem is that usually takes decades, and they need to do it in 10 or less.

Big Bob should probably worry about making Boise a good school instead of worrying about the football team. Leave this stuff up to the athletic director. It's not befitting of a university president.

It's all the BSU president seems to do.

Big Bob should probably worry about making Boise a good school instead of worrying about the football team.  Leave this stuff up to the athletic director.  It's not befitting of a university president.

Typical response from someone that hasn't seen what's happening on campus.

C'mon, Jack - I expected more.

If Boise can boost their academics I really believe that they along with the Y could turn into a package deal for expansion in the future. Problem is that usually takes decades, and they need to do it in 10 or less.

We'll be at 30k+ in the next 8-10 years, this campus will continue to expand.

Big Bob should probably worry about making Boise a good school instead of worrying about the football team. Leave this stuff up to the athletic director. It's not befitting of a university president.

I agree with this. The athletic director should be handling this....

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I have zero problem with Kustra coming out on this issue.

The FB program is part of the University, a big part and has helped drive improvements on the academic side. His coming out in the corner for people who SUPPORT the University is entirely within his bailiwick and I love it that he continues to champion the University, the students and the supporters.

Bronco Nation is part of the University and deserving of this level of support from the University President. Good thing he's OUR President.

One of the Final Five..........

Their academics are poor, unfortunately.  It's a poor market as well, it's small, it's not a hotbed for recruiting.  I don't think anyone out West is getting in to the P5.

Typical response from someone that hasn't seen what's happening on campus.

C'mon, Jack - I expected more.

I haven't lived there for a while.  Look at academic rankings tends to skew my perspective, I guess.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I have zero problem with Kustra coming out on this issue.

The FB program is part of the University, a big part and has helped drive improvements on the academic side. His coming out in the corner for people who SUPPORT the University is entirely within his bailiwick and I love it that he continues to champion the University, the students and the supporters.

Bronco Nation is part of the University and deserving of this level of support from the University President. Good thing he's OUR President.

Of course you don't, kitten.  You never do.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

I'm wichu, Jack.  Pres Bob has been a strong mouthpiece in the past, and it's time he acknowledged the correct personnel to advance these notions.  This is where the athletic director should be reading Pres Bob's handwritten notes.

And, yes, the BSU fans who have responded in this thread luv the guy.  If this were Fresno's president, would you same BSU fans feel the same way?

Superior lifestyle...

Their academics are poor, unfortunately.  It's a poor market as well, it's small, it's not a hotbed for recruiting.  I don't think anyone out West is getting in to the P5.

I haven't lived there for a while.  Look at academic rankings tends to skew my perspective, I guess.

I would've agree with you prior to the B12 situation this year. But IMO the B12 will be forced to think outside the box and focus more on tv and not just traditional factors. If the B12 were to expand by 4 instead 2 for example (2 east, 2 west). They can still get strong pop numbers back east but add tv draw out west (BYU, Boise). Its a full blown business now and the bottom line speaks the loudest.

The academic rankings will come with time, Boise State is responsible for 40% of

the state's graduates this year - it's a work in progress.

I'm wichu, Jack.  Pres Bob has been a strong mouthpiece in the past, and it's time he acknowledged the correct personnel to advance these notions.  This is where the athletic director should be reading Pres Bob's handwritten notes.

And, yes, the BSU fans who have responded in this thread luv the guy.  If this were Fresno's president, would you same BSU fans feel the same way?

Why should I care what the Fresno Pres does?

No skin off my nose what he does or does not do.

Seems to me the only people who are unhappy with Kustra are the fans of other programs. Sounds like that old green eyed monster if you ask me.

One of the Final Five..........